2011.01.18.: "Briefcase" found that *may* contain evidence in Zahra Baker case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM
I have to agree with this for the simple fact that AB has to be being watched closely. I also am sure he knows hes being watched. I just cant see him taking the chance of of disposing of evidence after the fact. I also believe he wouldnt be any where in the vacinity of where things were found. If he were going to deposit evidence after the fact I would think he would do it in a place not involved with anything thats been found. If he did dispose of any evidence I would think he would have been caught and arrested. JMO

In addition since her arrival stateside, I think KB has been everpresent at his side. I am having a hard time imagining him saying, sorry mom, gotta go drop off this briefcase in the woods, be right back.

I own a briefcase very similar that. Mine is from about 1981, back when I had a job where I needed to carry papers and other stuff, but the basic design hasn't changed much since then. It would hold a folded not-very-thick blanket, say a cotton or light thermal blanket from a twin or single bed.

:seeya: ok - but WOW.

I've been caught up with Hailey Dunn and "only keeping an eye" on the Zahra forum.

First, I'm gonna jump in with the "I think it IS a briefcase that AB's holding in the pic".

Why I thunk this is: maybe he carried his laptop in it and maybe they wanted their own music for the wedding/reception and maybe his laptop was used at the reception, etc. get my drift?

As for the blanket found inside. The blanket was folded and LE did not unfold it. If you are going to take the time to fold up a blanket that was involved in such a heinous murder and even possibly had blood on it - you have a reason for doing so. Maybe (and I really hope this) something was folded up inside it. A note, letter, picture, knife, - whatever.

Where it was found - 100 yds off the road. That's a football field. The articles said they searched 50 yds off the road on either side. It does look like the land sloped drastically up and into woods. So maybe LE figured they'd search all the way up the slope and stopped at the top. Is there another way into the area where this briefcase was found? I think there must be - the loggers were in there. It looked like you could climb up into the woods from the road - side but coming back down would be another story.

Guess I'll pull up a chair and wait with ya'll patiently for the lab results.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13880695

"This concrete memorial will be something for people to visit for a long time, " said landowner Jake Icenhour.
"It will be here as long as I'm alive, I can assure you of that."

Icenhour and several others were building forms for the concrete that will be poured at the site in the next week or two.
Christie Road was the site of several searches last fall as Hickory Police looked for evidence in the case.

A logging crew at the site found a briefcase Tuesday morning with what may be a bloodstained blanket inside.
Icenhour opened the briefcase and then called authorities. "It appeared to be a moldy, blood stained blanket or cloth or some type of clothing," he said.

....i didn't realize that the landowner was involved in the briefcase find.

I have looked and looked at the pic of Adam and Elisa and cannot honestly decide just what is in his hand. The thing I most noticed in that pic is that Elisa arms being the size of a small child! It is amazing at the change in her physical appearance.

As for the briefcase found in the woods; could Adam or Elisa used it on their trip from Australia to transport important papers such as the marriage license, visa paperwork and passports? Maybe some of little Zahra's medical papers and meds? As for the balnket; I think we can all agree that it would have to have been a very small blanket. Maybe the type of blanket that the airlines provide on a long or international flight? Zahra could have used it to cover her lap while giving her leg a rest out of the prosthesis. The flight is a long one and Zahra's stump (meant with kindness) might would have swollen during such a long flight had she not removed the prosthetic leg.

Zahra may have used the small airline blanket and either Adam or Elisa placed the blanket in the briefcase. It may have become one of Zahra's favorite lap blankets.

Okay, I'll stop. Even I think I am getting a little farfetched, LOL! But as the old saying goes, "It could happen." If it is a blanket, then it could possibly be an airline blanket. I have a Delta Airlines one myself, but I came by it honestly. REALLY!

MOO's

as to the blanket I was thinking one of those lightweight but very warm throws (fleece or other material) that is very thin and folds quite small but offers lots of warmth. You know the sort you see at the dollar store or at the walgreens around christmas time, sometimes with children show chracter theme, sold with a small color coordinating pillow or stuffed animal?

Reports say the blanket was brown and it puts me in mind of this really soft light dun colored throw my mom picked up for me as a filler gift a couple of christmases ago. The thing weighs next to nothing and is about three by five, extremely warm and cosy. I can easily see something like that fitting in that type briefcase as well.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Permanent-Memorial-for-Zahra-Baker-114383549.html

Earlier this week, loggers cutting trees on the other side of Christy Road for Icenhour found what appeared to be a brand new briefcase with a stained blanket inside.

When word of the discovery was made public, bloggers pointed out that in a wedding picture of Adam and Elisa Baker, Adam is holding a briefcase.

Icenhour has seen that picture and says it shows a briefcase that is different from the briefcase the loggers found.

I must say, it looks like a briefcase to me. His fingers are definitely curled around something. Looks like that metallic handle. My thought on him having it at the wedding was that maybe someone (possibly even Elisa) gave it to him as a wedding gift? There's no telling what she may have told him about a "great job" she had lined up for him back in the US. Just a thought I had.

Then when I look back at the pic over and over, the object shapeshifts into all sorts of things. LOL

I have looked and looked at the pic of Adam and Elisa and cannot honestly decide just what is in his hand. The thing I most noticed in that pic is that Elisa arms being the size of a small child! It is amazing at the change in her physical appearance.

As for the briefcase found in the woods; could Adam or Elisa used it on their trip from Australia to transport important papers such as the marriage license, visa paperwork and passports? Maybe some of little Zahra's medical papers and meds? As for the balnket; I think we can all agree that it would have to have been a very small blanket. Maybe the type of blanket that the airlines provide on a long or international flight? Zahra could have used it to cover her lap while giving her leg a rest out of the prosthesis. The flight is a long one and Zahra's stump (meant with kindness) might would have swollen during such a long flight had she not removed the prosthetic leg.

Zahra may have used the small airline blanket and either Adam or Elisa placed the blanket in the briefcase. It may have become one of Zahra's favorite lap blankets.

Okay, I'll stop. Even I think I am getting a little farfetched, LOL! But as the old saying goes, "It could happen." If it is a blanket, then it could possibly be an airline blanket. I have a Delta Airlines one myself, but I came by it honestly. REALLY!

MOO's

Interesting about the small blanket maybe being from the airline. I was thinking that maybe that briefcase belonged to AB's boss (and maybe he had more than one) and he maybe let AB use it to carry some papers when AB went places to check on some of their jobs. I would think he would have needed to carry the contract for that job with him, and maybe thought AB wouldn't lose it if he used the briefcase. And look professional at the same time.

Those briefcases don't just look professional. They're very practical. They're solid-sided so you can use them as a table to write on. They have room for lots of papers, your newspaper, your lunch and a thermos of coffee, and a change of clothes if you want to work out on your break or clean up after work. You can throw them behind a truck seat or in the box and everything will stay safe and clean.

guess what ya'll..funnygirl sort of makes the news...

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Permanen ... 83549.html

Earlier this week, loggers cutting trees on the other side of Christy Road for Icenhour found what appeared to be a brand new briefcase with a stained blanket inside.

When word of the discovery was made public, bloggers pointed out that in a wedding picture of Adam and Elisa Baker, Adam is holding a briefcase.

Icenhour has seen that picture and says it shows a briefcase that is different from the briefcase the loggers found.

Hubby, a film editor by trade, tells me there is no "briefcase" in AB's hand. Perhaps sunglasses, but not a briefcase. What some *think* is the metal side of the briefcase, is merely light shining through slats of fence.

So that settles it. ;-)

What if it was AB boss old breifcase that was in the company truck. Suppose EB/AB or whomever wanted to plant evidence to implicate AB's boss. Of course we know that plan failed when EB admitted she wrote the ransom note.

Or since it was in the truck maybe blood or some type of body fluid was all over the briefcase...used a blanket that was in the truck (rag, her clothes) to try and clean up, then placed item inside of breifcase and then they tossed the entire thing.

MOO's

you may of hit on something here, true there was a blanket but that does not mean it could not of been used to store important documents, mementos etc

Then when I look back at the pic over and over, the object shapeshifts into all sorts of things. LOL

as i tell myself as long as it does not talk back i am still sane many would disagree sorry ot

i too see where it could be a number of things, i can see where there could be any of things mentioned above thank god i am not hearing those voices yet :innocent:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back