2011.01.25 Baez Unavailability and Correspondence

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You know, Lola, your post made me think. Most of the time, while KC was out on bond, she was at JB's office. Who knows, but perhaps JB and KC have already made audio or video tapes during that time which JB will have to use at his discretion after the trial. They may even have made a deal; if KC goes to jail, he gets to use them to raise money for his own payment and her appeals, and if he can get her off, they split the money from those tapes. This would sound ridiculous under normal circumstances, but, as we have seen, JB does things his way, not the moral/right way. moo

This would be JB acting as her agent to profit after her conviction and it's a no-no on 2 levels. It's a conflict of interest (one the Bar would be quite interested in) for him to be brokering deals on her behalf and then handling her money for her. Also, it would be her making money (by going around the houses) after a conviction. I just don't think they would be able to pull that off legally speaking... doesn't mean they wouldn't try it though based on past behavior. :maddening:

Oh, I don't think JB would be allowed to do that. He claimed under oath there were no deals for books or movies. He couldn't broker that deal for KC and yet ABC said he did. So that could be a problem for him down the road don't you think??

I would hope so, but I feel like JB may have spent more time learning how to circumvent the law than actually how to defend a client. I think if he thought he could get away with it, he would give it a try.

This would be JB acting as her agent to profit after her conviction and it's a no-no on 2 levels. It's a conflict of interest (one the Bar would be quite interested in) for him to be brokering deals on her behalf and then handling her money for her. Also, it would be her making money (by going around the houses) after a conviction. I just don't think they would be able to pull that off legally speaking... doesn't mean they wouldn't try it though based on past behavior. :maddening:

BBM

Only speculation, of course, but JB's actions thus far tend to make me think he would be the kind to try something dirty like this. I can see him saying that he had to record some of their discussions in order to try and find Caylee, and then not sell them to anyone, but he would take a "fee" for his "interview". KWIM?

BBM

Only speculation, of course, but JB's actions thus far tend to make me think he would be the kind to try something dirty like this. I can see him saying that he had to record some of their discussions in order to try and find Caylee, and then not sell them to anyone, but he would take a "fee" for his "interview". KWIM?

Wouldn't surprise me a bit... I'll just have to hope he gets caught and forced to go back into the bikini business. He's probably much better suited (lol.. yup that's a pun) for that. :Banane30:

This $500,000.00 interview was being talked about before Casey was indicted in October 2008. I just know that there was talk, back then, about Casey getting a lot of money for an exclusive interview that they were trying to make happen.

She can not make money off of her crime once convicted. No interviews for money. No books for money. No movies for money. She can not sell pictures of her victim. Videos of her victim, etc...

Cindy and George are going to try and make as much money as they possibly can after this trial is over. They will be writing books, pitching movie deals, charging to speak at public events, etc... the easiet way to put a stop to this becoming a huge financial gain for them, it to not buy what they are selling. Companies are not going to buy into something that they can't sell... it is our job to make sure Cindy and George have nothing to sell.

---------------------

Oh Lola you are so right! I will not buy anything from this group of ....people..

I would hope so, but I feel like JB may have spent more time learning how to circumvent the law than actually how to defend a client. I think if he thought he could get away with it, he would give it a try.

Let's hope the clock is ticking.

Still no correspondence from the SA or HHJBP regarding the DT's ludicrous motion.

Does anyone have an idea what could be happening?
Has HHJP called Baez to give him a heads up on his ruling?
Has JA or LDB just ignored Baez's motion and threw their hands up in frustration?

IIRC, Mr Ashton had Defense expert witnesses lined up for depositions. And had relied on the 20 day time limit.

~L~ I'm so impatient.

I'm thinking we're getting and doc dump plus a motion from the State or a response from HHJP tomorrow. It's going to be an awesome Friday! :great::rocker::woohoo:

Isn't kind of late in the game of defending this case to be looking for a "unique opportunity"?????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back