2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel this chas guy needs to be taken with a grain of salt.It sounds off and does this new witnesss.

I hope LE didn't tell Kyron's parents that this search might bring closure based on witness statements, there must be more to it than that. Although I still don't think they should have told Desiree anything that made her believe Kyron would be found on Sunday, until he is found. They could have just told the family they were searching based on new information and left it at that. Now she has to endure a week or more until another search and probably wonders if this is going to turn into another Sauvie Island.

I hope LE didn't tell Kyron's parents that this search might bring closure based on witness statements, there must be more to it than that. Although I still don't think they should have told Desiree anything that made her believe Kyron would be found on Sunday, until he is found. They could have just told the family they were searching based on new information and left it at that. Now she has to endure a week or more until another search and probably wonders if this is going to turn into another Sauvie Island.

You know, telling Ky's parents back in November and not searching till now, for whatever reason--just makes me want to slap some LE folks around. Partly because I have the awful feeling that these parents have been used for public relations work by MCSO. And that part of it is just detestable.

I've read about this fugitive. IMO There are too many parallels to Kyron's disappearance to be a coincidence.

They say truth is stranger than fiction. I can't help but think that the new search/location has something to do with this man. His long red hair could mislead a person who might think at glance or distance that he is a woman. TH is tall, so the mistake could easily be made. If this is the case, who would believe that could really happen? If so, I doubt they will find KH alive :(

I don't understand how LE can take their time searching even if they believe Kyron is dead and is therefore no longer suffering. Every day that goes by, doesn't Kyron's body become more decomposed, losing more crucial evidence? Or has it been so long that it doesn't make a difference whether they find his body today or in 2 weeks? From reading here, it sounds like his body would be just bones now? Caylee went missing in June and was found in December, right? And she was just bones when she was found, right? What evidence can be obtained from bones? Is COD possible?

If any of you have seen the episode of "Disappeared" about Molly Bish (Xfinity has it On Demand right now), it might be worth a watch. She disappeared near a wooded area in Massachusetts and dog search teams couldn't find her. Years later, a hunter found just a scrap of her blue bathing suit, and by doing a shoulder-to-shoulder grid search they found some of her remains.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/01/48hours/main586143.shtml

The story reminded me that over time things do get scattered in a forest environment because of scavengers, rain, snow, and erosion.

I don't really believe there's a plastic container buried or even tossed somewhere. I truly doubt that anyone would take the time to do it in such a wild area with lots of groundcover. JMOO

If they were looking for a container, LE would probably have told people to be on the lookout for one, as they did in the Laci Peterson case. In that case they were looking for several types of containers, and that has come up in at least one of the Chicago wife-murder cases too. But every time, LE has announced that they were looking for a specific type of container and even color of container.

Take a look at this picture. The man who shot the police officer lives across from the place the witness "Chas" saw a boy who looked liked Kyron and a woman with red hair. Could this be the reason police are looking in that area?

http://www.kval.com/news/local/114965034.html

I personally don't think this case is related to the new search at all. If we are to believe Desiree, then they are searching based on a solid piece of new evidence from around Thanksgiving. This guy living on Sauvie is a total coincidence if you ask me. JMO

Just to defend LE's lack of time sensitivity. I'm sure emotionally, they would love to be back out there every single day until he is found but realistically (and financially), they need to do the searching based on so many factors. Most importantly, the availability of the volunteers and also the weather. It turned cold again and if the dogs are not useful below a certain temp, then waiting makes more sense.

I also trust they know when TES is needed or not.

I still keep hoping so hard that our little Ky is somewhere in a remote cabin, with someone nice- he's warm and safe and playing Wii and eating his favorite foods but deeply missing his family. I know it's so wishful and it's not the scenario. I just feel so hopeless. When these searches are called after so much time with nothing, it gets your hopes up that he will be found and justice can finally begin.

Sorry, I am just sad today. Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer. I am going to Portland soon and will certainly be visiting Ky's Wall of Hope. Maybe that will help me a bit.

Thinking of Ky and Desiree and Kaine....

Has anyone determined if DAD owns or had access to a White Truck?

NOTE: ***

Both video and text to this story have been updated since it was first posted earlier today.

At least one neighbor now says he wonders if what he saw the day Kyron disappeared is important.

Fred Hall, a rancher, said on Monday he saw a white pickup on the Friday that Kyron disappeared about a mile down the road.

“It was a white truck and it had a gal sitting in it,” he said.

Hall said he called in the tip to investigators and told them where he saw the unfamiliar truck on Skyline Boulevard.

“It was parked at one of the gates,” he said.

Investigators said they are specifically searching the land around turnouts that have gates where a car or truck could easily park. Many of the gates aren’t locked and a car or truck could drive in and disappear down a gravel road.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/114935669.html

I wonder if LE has dusted those gates for fingerprints?

So there is an interesting new piece of information in this article. Apparently a white truck with a woman in it was seen at one of the logging road gates on Dixie Mt. on the day Kyron disappeared. This could explain their interest in this area.

I like how the article just threw that in there...

In the full video story from KATU, the rancher goes on to say "I think I see the truck around that that one belonged to and it wasn't that truck." Not sure what the heck that means. He doesn't believe the truck he saw was the Horman truck? IDK.

NOTE: ***

Both video and text to this story have been updated since it was first posted earlier today.

At least one neighbor now says he wonders if what he saw the day Kyron disappeared is important.

Fred Hall, a rancher, said on Monday he saw a white pickup on the Friday that Kyron disappeared about a mile down the road.

“It was a white truck and it had a gal sitting in it,” he said.

Hall said he called in the tip to investigators and told them where he saw the unfamiliar truck on Skyline Boulevard.

“It was parked at one of the gates,” he said.

Investigators said they are specifically searching the land around turnouts that have gates where a car or truck could easily park. Many of the gates aren’t locked and a car or truck could drive in and disappear down a gravel road.

Wow. This makes it sound like this guy is just coming forward with this information. To have remembered that you saw a woman in a white truck besides a logging rode back on June 4 is hard to believe, unless the reason you had remembered it was because you knew there was something significant about that date, a child missing, etc. But if you knew that, why not come forward sooner? Are people really that afraid of speaking up?

OMG.

This is an excellent observation.

DAD could have been viewed as a "female with red hair", by the witness.

This information about DAD, the fugitive who shot the LE, and whose house is located directly adjacent to one of the search areas, is the first time in this case that I have actually thought that it had the sound of the truth on what happened to Kyron.

Of course, I have the following questions:

1. Was DAD at the school that day?
2. DAD was a landscaper. Does DAD know TH?
3. Was is the solid evidence that LE has known about since Thanksgiving?
This thread gives some info about him:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126243"]OR~Manhunt on for shooter of LEO Steven Dodds/Lincoln City - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

In the full video story from KATU, the rancher goes on to say "I think I see the truck around that that one belonged to and it wasn't that truck." Not sure what the heck that means. He doesn't believe the truck he saw was the Horman truck? IDK.

Pretty sure he is saying...

I think I see the truck around (town) that ("that one" - the gate) belongs to (in other words, the owner of the property), and the white truck he saw sitting there (Terri) wasn't the same as the (owner's) truck.

I don't know what that man is saying or when he called in his tip, but I sure hope there are other reasons to search where they are, and for telling Desiree this was almost over...

You know, telling Ky's parents back in November and not searching till now, for whatever reason--just makes me want to slap some LE folks around. Partly because I have the awful feeling that these parents have been used for public relations work by MCSO. And that part of it is just detestable.

They couldn't search until the temperature warmed up. They weren't trying to be cruel to Kyron's parents. I think it was quite fair for them to keep the parents informed, even if it meant they would have to wait for the search.

They say truth is stranger than fiction. I can't help but think that the new search/location has something to do with this man. His long red hair could mislead a person who might think at glance or distance that he is a woman. TH is tall, so the mistake could easily be made. If this is the case, who would believe that could really happen? If so, I doubt they will find KH alive :(

I have seen his picture. Regardless of the length of hair, no way he could be mistaken for a woman. KWIM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668