2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How many miles from the school is the location they are searching that is near part of Skyline, does anyone know?

"You could see the hazards we're going to face," Herron said, stepping over discarded screens, wood filled with nails, broken glass and shotgun shells at one gated logging road off Northwest Skyline Boulevard, south of Rocky Point Road. The spot is about 20 to 22 miles from Skyline Elementary School.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_resume.html

I hope Desiree is somewhat prepared for the worst, as much as anyone can be...the word "excited" is very odd to use in this situation, she must be very nervous.

I used the same word earlier. I think it's about finally seeing justice done for Kyron. That's exciting to me.

I'm so glad some movement is being made again finally, but it is heartbreaking reading about the cadaver dogs and ME. It really just brings home the fact they are looking for a body. And I'd say they are certain they have his body in that area. I asked my Godmother, who is a retired ME. She said in her 23 years on the job, she was asked once to go on a search and it was because LE had specific info of where the body was and because of the distance (it was in the mountains), they wanted to save the time having to wait for her to get there.

I'm wondering if they did get an exact or almost exact location of his body - which might explain the guy in the pic holding what appears to be a map. Maybe the comment about having to go back next weekend was in reference to any other evidence they'll still need to collect. Sounds to me by their comments that they are pretty certain his body is there and they'll find him today, but maybe they aren't sure of, say, the murder weapon???

My heart goes out to Kaine and Desiree and the rest of their family. I could not, in a million years, imagine what they must be going through right now. I pray God has his arms wrapped tightly around them!

I hope Desiree is somewhat prepared for the worst, as much as anyone can be...the word "excited" is very odd to use in this situation, she must be very nervous.

It is an odd choice of word to use. However, here it is 8 months later and she's been living a nightmare that no mother wishes to go through. LE has been very good at giving her information about Kyron's case and I do think she knows that Kyron is no longer living. I think she wants to bring Kyron home and have some closure, and get TH behind bars for the awful tragedy she has caused.

She's probably known about this upcoming search for weeks and weeks and now it is finally here. However, as prepared as she thinks she is, if they find Kyron it's going to hit hard. :(

I agree, odd choice of words, but in her shoes, I may not even be able to form a sentence, let alone choose my wording. She may be referring to being excited to see that searchers are back out there looking for her baby, no matter that they are looking for his remains. All these months must have been a special brand of torture for her, watching each day pass with no new developments.

This lady is a class act and has mad respect from me.

By phone records, I wonder if GPS comes into it at all...did someone have a GPS phone, perhaps?

I don't really understand Desiree's quote, "I'm excited that today's search will hopefully bring some closure to the case." From LE's words and actions, it sounds like they are looking for Kyron's body. Even if Desiree is in complete denial about Kyron being dead, she has to know that any evidence LE finds in this area, even if it's not Kyron's body, is most likely going to indicate that Kyron is dead. I'm sure she's very nervous though, so it was probably just a "slip".

I think sitting around waiting for the next search must be agony for these parents because of the mental anguish. Action is always preferable to sitting and waiting.

What is this searcher taking a picture of?

9234827-standard.jpg

http://photos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2011/01/search_for_kyron_horman_12.html

Me too! What in the world could they be looking for? Shell casings is the only thing I can come up with. Any other ideas?
I'm so very sad for Kyron's parents today...my heart has broken for them throughout this entire ordeal but today I'm feeling that the pain of closure may be close.

Container?

I used the same word earlier. I think it's about finally seeing justice done for Kyron. That's exciting to me.

I agree. If Kaine and Desiree got the info awhile back that Kyron was in fact dead and they knew where he was, but couldn't move forward yet, I'm sure they've been anticipating this day immensely. Knowing Kyron will finally be brought home to be laid to rest and that this find WILL result in an arrest, that would be exciting. Plus, if they have been having to put on a brave face for the public, what a relief it must be to not have to anymore!

a scrap of paper, perhaps an old crumpled receipt? Looks as if he is using his finger in the photo to help denote size while the object is still in place.

I'm definitely thinking they're looking for disturbed earth, and a container with Kyron's remains beneath that disturbed earth.

a scrap of paper, perhaps an old crumpled receipt? Loks as if he is using his finger in the photo to help denote size while the object is still in place.

I was thinking that looked like a piece of paper, either a receipt, a white paper bag - from a drugstore maybe? - or even a piece of notebook paper wadded up.

With the coroner going on the search and searchers carrying what looks to be maps/charts, I'm wondering if they've known the exact location of Kyron's body for the past month or so. Now, the only reason they could know that is if someone confessed. I don't think Terri did but perhaps Dede told LE where Kyron's body was in exchange for a deal?

I'm definitely thinking they're looking for disturbed earth, and a container with Kyron's remains beneath that disturbed earth.

So you think he's buried in a container? I don't think anyone had time to do that unless you mean a plastic bag or rolled up blanket or something.

JMOO

I hope this will be TH's last days of freedom. I sure would like to know what state of mind she is in today if, in fact, this is where Kyron is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV