2011.01.30 new search north and west of Portland

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There appears to be a piece of paper or something.But it looks like a black wire?electrical?But I don't see real well.so I do not know.

Lots of good ideas. But the dreaded skeptic in me says this is just a staged photo-op for the news folks. 'Cause they know all of us are gonna be enlarging and examining anything the news publishes. Lol!

I don't really understand Desiree's quote, "I'm excited that today's search will hopefully bring some closure to the case." From LE's words and actions, it sounds like they are looking for Kyron's body. Even if Desiree is in complete denial about Kyron being dead, she has to know that any evidence LE finds in this area, even if it's not Kyron's body, is most likely going to indicate that Kyron is dead. I'm sure she's very nervous though, so it was probably just a "slip".

She has been suffering since June. I believe she knows Kyron is probably gone. In the meantime, TH has been living her second childhood with mommy and daddy, free from all adult responsibility. Free money every month from J's adopted father. I imagine Desiree has done most of her grieving, (although there will still be plenty more when Kyron is finally found) and ready to move on to the arrest and prosecution of TH. I would be "excited" if I were in Desiree's shoes as well. She is apparently ready to move on to the Justice part of this mess.

With the coroner going on the search and searchers carrying what looks to be maps/charts, I'm wondering if they've known the exact location of Kyron's body for the past month or so. Now, the only reason they could know that is if someone confessed. I don't think Terri did but perhaps Dede told LE where Kyron's body was in exchange for a deal?
That's what I was thinking someone confessed.But didn't exactly say where.

I don't think they know the exact location...they are searching in two places and have already said they may be back again next weekend...I think they are probably going off pings...

So you think he's buried in a container? I don't think anyone had time to do that unless you mean a plastic bag or rolled up blanket or something.

JMOO

I do. I don't think TH wanted a shallow grave with the smell of a decomposing body to attract animals or people to it. I believe she put him in a container, sealed it, and buried it. Hence not being able to find him for a long time. And she would definitely have time to do it. It wouldn't take long to put his body say in an ice chest, and duct tape up any holes, and then bury it in a preplanned spot. Heck, she may have had the ice chest waiting for her at the preplanned spot. And she probably did wrap him up in something before putting him in the container too. I've felt this way about what TH did to him for a long time.

MOPO is that he is not buried. Particularly if, as many think, TH is the culprit. I cannot imagine her leaving little baby K in the vehicle long enough to bury remains, even if the site was preselected and the hole arleady dug. That is simply my own.

As to the what looks like cable wire in the same photo as the crumpled paper, I agree it looks like cable wire to me as well, wether those items are relevant will have to be seen. I imagine the searchers have to assume that anything left in those areas by humans MAY be related and treat it as such. Much of what is found will probably not be related, but that is for the forensics folks to determine later.

Wow, those are some pretty big statements they are making. Think I'll stay tuned for this one. Based on the amount of searchers and quantity of dogs, I think they have it pretty narrowed down. I can't imagine them saying the things they have if they didn't, they seem to have been pretty tight lipped up until now, so.....

I don't really understand Desiree's quote, "I'm excited that today's search will hopefully bring some closure to the case." From LE's words and actions, it sounds like they are looking for Kyron's body. Even if Desiree is in complete denial about Kyron being dead, she has to know that any evidence LE finds in this area, even if it's not Kyron's body, is most likely going to indicate that Kyron is dead. I'm sure she's very nervous though, so it was probably just a "slip".
I'm sure that's what it was, Eileen. More than likely, her pulse is racing, and her broken heart is flopping around in her chest. My heart is pounding. I can only imagine what she's experiencing. She meant to say "anxious" but "excited" came out instead.

I'm praying for strength for Desiree and Kaine. May the truth finally be revealed and bring them peace.

I hope this will be TH's last days of freedom. I sure would like to know what state of mind she is in today if, in fact, this is where Kyron is.

I'm thinking doubled over and in need of some medication, just like another mother in another case when her child was found. I wonder if TH's lawyers are visiting her today...

Who is releasing these close-up pictures in the woods of possible evidence? I wouldn't think reporters would be allowed in that area.

I don't think they know the exact location...they are searching in two places and have already said they may be back again next weekend...I think they are probably going off pings...

I was thinking maybe Kyron in one place and other evidence in another?

so glad to have your expertise on the searches today sarx. I agree, this seems to be something. What exactly has lead them to these areas is still a mystery, but they seem confident that there may be something to it and as a result, I am very hopeful. Whatever it is - it would seem they were waiting for optimum search conditions for the best possibility of success.

MOPO is that he is not buried. Particularly if, as many think, TH is the culprit. I cannot imagine her leaving little baby K in the vehicle long enough to bury remains, even if the site was preselected and the hole arleady dug. That is simply my own.

As to the what looks like cable wire in the same photo as the crumpled paper, I agree it looks like cable wire to me as well, wether those items are relevant will have to be seen. I imagine the searchers have to assume that anything left in those areas by humans MAY be related and treat it as such. Much of what is found will probably not be related, but that is for the forensics folks to determine later.

Great points. I thought I saw some cable wire or rope in that picture also. I don't even want to speculate on the images that brings to mind.

Maybe that searcher was just testing the camera - I hope so.

I'd like to think that TH would have the humanity to bury the body properly inside a container, but I don't have much hope of that. I believe she thought no one would ever suspect her, hence she didn't need to be so secretive.

Buried under brush is possibly all we can expect even if she had time. Pushed down a hill or underneath some roots is more likely.

I think that if someone confessed that they would be accompanying LE with the search and would have been arrested already. In the Tori Stafford case, one of the accused went with LE in a helicopter to show where Tori was placed but she couldn't remember exactly since the terrain looked different than it did when the crime was committed (winter versus summer changes in terrain). I think that LE is going off of pings.

The phrasing in regards to this search seems stronger than it has in the past and the fact that the ME is along with them is very telling. I am also very excited and nauseous that Kyron will be found during this search. omg if Desiree has known about this pending search for over a month. Christmas must have been a worse hell than I would have thought. Prayers to the family. This is horrible.

Who is releasing these close-up pictures in the woods of possible evidence? I wouldn't think reporters would be allowed in that area.

The pics that I've known of in the past were taken with SAR permissions. So they must allow them in certain circumstances.

I do. I don't think TH wanted a shallow grave with the smell of a decomposing body to attract animals or people to it. I believe she put him in a container, sealed it, and buried it. Hence not being able to find him for a long time. And she would definitely have time to do it. It wouldn't take long to put his body say in an ice chest, and duct tape up any holes, and then bury it in a preplanned spot. Heck, she may have had the ice chest waiting for her at the preplanned spot. And she probably did wrap him up in something before putting him in the container too. I've felt this way about what TH did to him for a long time.

Agreed. She could have dug the hole the day before. Up in the woods, there is a lot of soft ground cover from years and years of leaves and needles falling. The earth might yield pretty easily for a Rubbermaid container or ice chest sized hole. Remember, LE was looking for video of her movements from June 3rd as well.

Pictures of the Caylee Anthony crime scene were released the same day and were even more detailed.

We don't know if the searcher was taking pictures of actual evidence or just testing the camera. But it's in the MSM so we can talk about whatever appears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16