Here's another case of Baez and his money management:
Baez has another judgement against him.
case #08-12484-CO-54
He had to pay a Dr. Willey $10,475.56.
Final judgement dated Feb. 23, 2009.
Satisfied April 29, 2009

Official Records On-Line -
http://www.osceolaclerk.com/RecordingDivision.htm

Well, we know where 10K of the 325K JB received went:loser:. Does anyone have any information on the case re: Dr. Willey?...my security will not allow me to access the osceolaclerk site.

You are correct. It was during one of the hearings CM stressed how unfair JB and he are being treated financially(in my words). CM informed the court that the defense team had to pay for their own travel expenses, lodging and food whereas the SA's trip was paid for. CM then leads into the transcription fee's, JAC will not pay this bill, the court reporter verbally agreed to one price before the deposition and then demanded a new higher fee. HHJP asked CM why the agreement wasn't put into writing but IIRC CM could not provide an explaination. During this discussion CM mentions that the depositions were recorded which is when HHJP suggested to the defense team that they could give the recordings to a court reporter there who could transcribe the depositions for a fee that JAC would cover.

Just another JB defense tactic :waiting:

Above BBM
At this point, after every thing we've seen....do we think that JB is trying anything to get thrown off this case? :eek:hoh: I mean he knows he cannot step down as FLA passed a law not long ago to protect the state from lawyers who want the initial publicity but don't want to stick around to the end , right? :waitasec: IDK....I am wondering if JB just wants out, period. What do ya'all think???? :dunno:

:cow:

Well, we know where 10K of the 325K JB received went:loser:. Does anyone have any information on the case re: Dr. Willey?...my security will not allow me to access the osceolaclerk site.

No luck for me either..sorry...

The case pdfs I found at the Osceola CO site. From reviewing them it looks like the case originated in Pinellas Co.

Also add the $4500.00 paid to Orange Recording. Satisfied same time frame. 04/28/2009. Coincidence, I think not.

I have been astounded all along by Cheney Mason's almost continuous belly-aching about how much this case is costing him out of his pocket. To the extent that he interjected at one point in open court how upset his wife was about this.

Had Casey Anthony not already been declared to be indigent when Mason came on board? I can't remember.

So, either he knew what he was getting into or else he had the impression somehow that there was money available for expenses? Because it sure sounds as if had he ever thought he was going to need to reach into his own pocket to cover expenses, he would never have signed on to the case.

And, since he is pro bono he can quit at any time, correct?

In the overall on this specific issue, I cannot imagine that $860 could not be found by the defense to obtain these most important transcripts. Were I the client who had provided $200,000 by selling videos and photographs to ABC, I'd be demanding an accounting of expenditures from my attorney Mr. Baez.

Above BBM
At this point, after every thing we've seen....do we think that JB is trying anything to get thrown off this case? :eek:hoh: I mean he knows he cannot step down as FLA passed a law not long ago to protect the state from lawyers who want the initial publicity but don't want to stick around to the end , right? :waitasec: IDK....I am wondering if JB just wants out, period. What do ya'all think???? :dunno:

:cow:

I have thought this for three months now, but never voiced it. It's good to know that I am not the only one. :seeya:

I have been astounded all along by Cheney Mason's almost continuous belly-aching about how much this case is costing him out of his pocket. To the extent that he interjected at one point in open court how upset his wife was about this.

Had Casey Anthony not already been declared to be indigent when Mason came on board? I can't remember.

So, either he knew what he was getting into or else he had the impression somehow that there was money available for expenses? Because it sure sounds as if had he ever thought he was going to need to reach into his own pocket to cover expenses, he would never have signed on to the case.

And, since he is pro bono he can quit at any time, correct?

In the overall on this specific issue, I cannot imagine that $860 could not be found by the defense to obtain these most important transcripts. Were I the client who had provided $200,000 by selling videos and photographs to ABC, I'd be demanding an accounting of expenditures from my attorney Mr. Baez.

BBM

No he can't. CM at least is stuck. IIRC FL just passed a law that prohibits a privately hired attorney to bail on a client once they become indigent. This might be why Andrea and Linda bailed before that law went into full effect. They didn't want to be pinned down to continue on with this sinking ship. Now JB, CM and AF are all stuck. CM and AF are really stuck since they are death qualified which is required for this case.

The case pdfs I found at the Osceola CO site. From reviewing them it looks like the case originated in Pinellas Co.

Wait..this case originated in 2008 (filing date dec 17 2008)... I wonder if it had anything to do with the Nilton Diaz Murder Case.

Is there or was there Dr Willey on the Anthony Defense witness list or been mentioned at all in regards to this case?

BBM

No he can't. CM at least is stuck. IIRC FL just passed a law that prohibits a privately hired attorney to bail on a client once they become indigent. This might be why Andrea and Linda bailed before that law went into full effect. They didn't want to be pinned down to continue on with this sinking ship. Now JB, CM and AF are all stuck. CM and AF are really stuck since they are death qualified which is required for this case.

I didn't think AF was privately hired, unless you mean she wasn't appointed by the court. But she was hired after Casey was declared indigent, so she's getting paid JAC rates (actually I think only Baez is getting paid lawyer's fees, but I think other lawyers can charge different things like travel and such. She is pro bono). Wouldn't she be able to leave (and I highly recommend she does before Mason tries to slink out) since she was hired after Casey was declared indigent? I thought privately hired meant secured by the defendant's own money, unless I'm wrong.

I believe CM was brought in before she was declared indigent. So he would considered privately hired, right? I'm thinking it's only him and Baez that are really stuck. AF isn't stuck unless Mason bails, IMO.

Wait..this case originated in 2008 (filing date dec 17 2008)... I wonder if it had anything to do with the Nilton Diaz Murder Case.

Is there or was there Dr Willey on the Anthony Defense witness list or been mentioned at all in regards to this case?

I think this is him:
http://www.edwilleymd.com/
:maddening:

I didn't think AF was privately hired, unless you mean she wasn't appointed by the court. But she was hired after Casey was declared indigent, so she's getting paid JAC rates. Wouldn't she be able to leave (and I highly recommend she does before Mason tries to slink out) since she was hired after Casey was declared indigent? I thought privately hired meant secured by the defendant's own money, unless I'm wrong.

I believe CM was brought in before she was declared indigent. So he would considered privately hired, right? I'm thinking it's only him and Baez that are really stuck. AF isn't stuck unless Mason bails, IMO.

None of Casey's attorneys actual fees are paid by the JAC just their costs or expenses (but not certain expenses like hotels etc). All of them are currently pro bono including JB. Although JB did receive 250,000 (before she was declared indigent) that seemed to NOT go into preparing for this case at all.

02/15/2011 Response
Justice Administrative Commission's; to Motion for Transcription Services

This was just updated on docket. Could it be related?? cant get it to cut and paste correctly. got it form myorange clerk.com

None of Casey's attorneys actual fees are paid by the JAC just their costs or expenses (but not certain expenses like hotels etc). All of them are currently pro bono including JB. Although JB did receive 250,000 (before she was declared indigent) that seemed to NOT go into preparing for this case at all.

I realized that after I wrote my post and then I edited it, but it was too late, sorry. So with that new law, does it matter when anyone was hired? Does it only apply to those hired before she was declared indigent? Or does it apply to everyone hired, regardless of if she was indigent or not at the time of hiring? I guess I'm trying to figure out what privately hired means, and if AF is really stuck, or could possibly get out if that law doesn't cover her.

Thanks! I went back and found it. So, the big named Forensics lawyer left just after these depositions. No wonder the defense is dragging this out till the very end.

Gosh to be the court reporter who took those depositions!!!! I would love to know how it went and what was said.

02/15/2011 Response
Justice Administrative Commission's; to Motion for Transcription Services

This was just updated on docket. Could it be related?? cant get it to cut and paste correctly. got it form myorange clerk.com

I'm sure it is...did you also see Kathy Belich paid for something today?:great:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maia1919