2011.02.14 Court Reporter Accuses Defense Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think this is him:
http://www.edwilleymd.com/
:maddening:

Yes, I agree
I stumbled across that website, looked at the date of filing and thought the Nilton Diaz Murder Case...because the Defendants are Jose A Baez and Baez Law Firm..also because the case had to do with the death of a toddler

Dr Willey's SCOPE OF ACTIVITIES:
Analysis of cause of injury or death, without prejudgment of issues, including homicide, accident, suicide, sexual crimes, child abuse, chemical impairment or dependency, occupational, transportation, chemical, thermal and physical injuries, and medical misadventures

--------------------
http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2008-04-20/news/ldiaz20_1_diaz-boxer-nilton
April 20, 2008
TAVARES -- The granddaughter of boxer Wilfredo Vazquez died of a skull fracture two years ago.

Prosecutors in Lake County call the toddler's sudden death murder, but defense lawyers for Nilton Diaz aren't so certain.

"No one can say for sure what happened," said Diaz's lawyer, Jose Baez, insisting that medical testimony will offer conflicting theories for the injuries that caused the death of 2-year-old Noeris Vazquez.

Nums was on it months ago. TY Nums:)
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5464049&postcount=238"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jose Baez Both Homes in Foreclosure[/ame]

So Linda Kenney Baden left shortly after discovering that the defense didn't even have $860 needed to obtain transcripts? Hmmm. Well, she was smart. What about Andrea Lyons. Didn't she leave right around the same time? Or maybe a little sooner?

snipped from an article by JWG at Hinky:
"I would be very surprised indeed if Dr. Bock came into court and stated that root evidence is unreliable. Her work is often cited alongside that of Willey and Heilman. In the article referenced above, Dr. Lee himself briefly acknowledged the use of root growth in helping estimate post-mortem interval. Thus, I believe it will be near impossible for Mr. Baez to have this evidence withheld."
http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2011/01/09/caylee-anthony-case-bock-and-hall-with-bouts-of-folly/

Uniform Case : 522008CC012484XXCOCO
Pinellas Case : 08012484CO
Section : 40
Case Type : OPEN
Type : CO
Style: WILLEY M D
vs. BAEZ
Filing Date : 12/17/2008
Judg. Date : 02/23/2009
Case/Cat : C&I OPEN ACCT/STATED

http://www.pinellasclerk.org/aspInclude2/ASPInclude.asp?pageName=index.htm

Civil & Small Claims Court Records link on left:)

thanks:seeya: Edward N. Willey MD is a Pathologist in private practice of forensic medical and pathologic evaluation in St. Petersburg, FL. He is a medical consultant in forensic medicine. I am not sure how much more I can say....but I sure can assume :waitasec:

I should have just waited ...y'all are quicker than this old gal, THANKS

So Linda Kenney Baden left shortly after discovering that the defense didn't even have $860 needed to obtain transcripts? Hmmm. Well, she was smart. What about Andrea Lyons. Didn't she leave right around the same time? Or maybe a little sooner?

Nope AL left even before they were taken. mo

Motion to Withdraw as Counsel: Andrea Lyon (06/30/2010)
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24108918/detail.html

thanks:seeya: Edward N. Willey MD is a Pathologist in private practice of forensic medical and pathologic evaluation in St. Petersburg, FL. He is a medical consultant in forensic medicine. I am not sure how much more I can say....but I sure can assume :waitasec:

IMO
This is tied to the Nilton Diaz murder case (2008), Baez was his attorney
I could be totally wrong though

Gosh to be the court reporter who took those depositions!!!! I would love to know how it went and what was said.

Considering the way the defense described Dr. Vass in their motions (as a crackpot who trains flies like circus animals, I paraphrase) I would imagine they found this leaned man, a student of Dr. Bill Bass so credible that they found it necessary to resort to shenanigans. And here I was bemoaning the fact that we had two whole weeks before another hearing and how bored I was sure to become. :great::floorlaugh:

I wonder (timing wise) If this was for Jose's visit to the hospital for 'stomach troubles', or subsequent treatment? Hmmm

I looked at that too.. but IMO NO

This case was filed Dec 2008

Baez was hospitalized on a weekend in Feb 2009 (Feb 13, 14 or 15 2009)...story was reported on the 16th
http://www.wftv.com/news/18726218/detail.html

Final Judgment of this case was Feb 23 2009..

I realized that after I wrote my post and then I edited it, but it was too late, sorry. So with that new law, does it matter when anyone was hired? Does it only apply to those hired before she was declared indigent? Or does it apply to everyone hired, regardless of if she was indigent or not at the time of hiring? I guess I'm trying to figure out what privately hired means, and if AF is really stuck, or could possibly get out if that law doesn't cover her.

I'm honestly not entirely sure. It would depend on the verbiage of the law. My guess is that it doesn't matter. And I doubt HHJP would allow AF to leave and have the penalty phase preparation be delayed yet again.

BBM

No he can't. CM at least is stuck. IIRC FL just passed a law that prohibits a privately hired attorney to bail on a client once they become indigent. This might be why Andrea and Linda bailed before that law went into full effect. They didn't want to be pinned down to continue on with this sinking ship. Now JB, CM and AF are all stuck. CM and AF are really stuck since they are death qualified which is required for this case.

Not quite correct.

JB is stuck. Just so everyone understands. JB is a privately hired attorney that was PAID prior to the defendant filing for indigence. JB had received a substantial sum for his services. As such under Florida law he is stuck until it is over or he is fired. He cannot elect to bail. He is not now, nor will he ever be considered "Pro Bono" for this case. He was simply paid up front for his services. and Florida law requires that be deliver the services that he was paid for. Even if they require more work then he originally estimated.

CM and AF are both Pro Bono attorneys. They have received no compensation for their services from KC or the JAC. So they are not stuck by the Florida law. However they can only leave with the judges permission. Since they are both DP qualified attorneys, and a DP qualified attorney is required by law for this case, chances are the judge would only allow one of them to depart, and then only with the permission and blessings of the other. I can easily see AF making an escape this way as she has not been that directly involved in the case. CM has been a prime council. About the only way I see him getting out of it is to start complaining of chest pains on the court house steps (and yeah I fully expect to see this little performance at some point during this circus).

Not quite correct.

JB is stuck. Just so everyone understands. JB is a privately hired attorney that was PAID prior to the defendant filing for indigence. JB had received a substantial sum for his services. As such under Florida law he is stuck until it is over or he is fired. He cannot elect to bail. He is not now, nor will he ever be considered "Pro Bono" for this case. He was simply paid up front for his services. and Florida law requires that be deliver the services that he was paid for. Even if they require more work then he originally estimated.

CM and AF are both Pro Bono attorneys. They have received no compensation for their services from KC or the JAC. So they are not stuck by the Florida law. However they can only leave with the judges permission. Since they are both DP qualified attorneys, and a DP qualified attorney is required by law for this case, chances are the judge would only allow one of them to depart, and then only with the permission and blessings of the other. I can easily see AF making an escape this way as she has not been that directly involved in the case. CM has been a prime council. About the only way I see him getting out of it is to start complaining of chest pains on the court house steps (and yeah I fully expect to see this little performance at some point during this circus).

BBM

Or perhaps a remake of Vincent Gigante's 1996 performance? :floorlaugh:

Not quite correct.

Either way no matter how the law indicates if they came on board before or after she was declared indigent there's no way HHJP will let any of them off this case. Even if CM or AF were able to find competent death penalty replacements HHJP isn't going to allow any more stalling time to get new counsel up to speed. They're all screwed.

..cheney's assisstant , diana M, gives her account of the email exchanges she had with them, in her affadavit attached to cheney's original motion asking for the extra $$'s to pay Stogsdill.

http://www.ninthcircuit.org/news/High-Profile-Cases/Anthony/Downloads/Motion%20to%20Compel%20JAC%20to%20Pay%20for%20Transcripts%20of%20Oak%20Ridge%20National%20Lab%20Depos.pdf

Motion to Compel JAC to Pay for Transcripts of Oak Ridge National Lab Depos.pdf 01-07-11

..i'd like to see ALL of the actual emails between all parties...
Once again, blame it on someone else...in this case a legal asst. Funny how it's someone taking/making a "call". I'm glad the secretary didn't have to bite the bullet for this one.

Holy moly. Just when you think you've heard it all.

And keep in mind....several months ago, didn't someone dig up a civil case filed by another reporting company after Baez refused to pay them and attempted to stick them with the bill until the courts intervened?

I should have just waited ...y'all are quicker than this old gal, THANKS
Interesting entries...thanks for the info.

I still want to see the emails myself. We all know the defense has a creative way of .... changing things around to suit their needs.

Holy mackerel. I just saw the OP to this thread.

:thud:

Is there a thought behind what JB and his team are doing? Any? At all?

Don't answer that. Don't want to lead anyone into a TO. :innocent:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo
Back