2011.02.19 - Desiree puts on the pressure in Roseburg

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: whether or not Terri will break - I don't know about "breaking" in the sense of admitting something out of guilt, but we do know other things about her that suggest that under pressure she could very well spill some evidence. For instance we know she drinks a lot and shows ridiculously poor judgment and impulse control, and we know she does these things in front of others, believing her co-conspirators will keep quiet - and we know that she misjudges this and finds her co-conspirators spilling their guts and the contents of their phone and email to the police. We know she lies and expects others to enable and repeat her lies.

So yeah, I believe it's possible that at some point in the future, as "good" as she tries to be, her real personality will re-emerge and she'll get wasted and look for a friend, someone to have sex with, someone to feel sorry for her, and she'll want to tell them her "woe is me" story of how she is so misunderstood and vilified and perhaps with enough Tequila and fake compliments and raunchy sex and sympathy she'll blab something useful.

I personally like the 'where's Kyron' campaign because it doesn't let her get too comfortable even in her own mind. It becomes the damned spots on her hands that she can't wash away. The words themselves are benign. It's not a call to violence or a curse. It is equally applicable if she is innocent or guilty - as an innocent Terri should be helping the investigation as well as the last known adult to see him. If she's a narcissist eventually she'll want to set the record straight and blab. If she's capable of being stressed it will stress her out. If she's money grubbing some publishing company will eventually offer her a lucrative deal to have a ghostwriter plead her case. In any case it generated some much needed news coverage during a lull.

The problem I have is that I believe that in order to relax her vigilance enough to go out, drink (possibly to excess) and start being indiscreet, TMH needs a certain comfort level. She needs to have the impression that no one is looking.

The Roseburg "Where is Kyron" campaign is the opposite of that. It is calculated to make her uncomfortable, to make her feel like everyone is watching her. My impression of her, which could easily be wrong, is that the more she is confronted, the more oppositional she becomes (this is true of many alcoholics, whether they are drinking or not).

I think so long as TMH feels like people are watching with suspicion, she'll be very careful.

So, to me, it's a matter of choosing goals. Is it more important to give her an inch of slack and hope she'll take a mile? Or is it more important to keep her on the straight and narrow?

Tangential note: if she is as obstreperous a client as some suspect, Stephen Houze is probably secretly grateful for the Roseburg campaign in helping keep his client safely in the corral.

Scandi: Someone here on WS actually transcribed that email and luckily I saved the link to their post!

Transcribed by Jules71

Thank you ThoughtFox, I looked and looked for that on Google. Leave it up to our Jules to have transcribed the mail. Ya Ya and Tak sa mycker Jules.

I think it is very important to the case since it is from the person LE said was the last to see Kyron, and must hold something to trigger the solving of the case.

xox

PS: I have had brain fog lately from a Vit D deficiency that is driving me crazy. I'm being treated now, so hopefully I'll be a more effective poster soon.

IMO TH did speak out to the public thru her emails within days of Kyron's going missing:

She wrote in one e-mail to a KATU News source the day after her stepson, Kyron Horman vanished from Skyline School during a science fair: “The teacher thought I said I was going to take Kyron with Kitty for a doctor’s appt.,” she wrote on June 5, 2010". [/B]{Link not available}

can't believe I never clued in.......
BBM so has Terri ever said that she took baby K to the doctor's appt. that she claims the teacher misunderstood??? My Bold

Hi Wickedeye, I don't think we have a confirmation she took the baby to that Dr's appt. But in the link from Puff's post above: http://www.katu.com/news/local/100323934.html, I thought this was interesting, spoken by the reporter from KATU:

"That contradicts what multiple sources have told KATU News. In the days before the science fair, Terri informed Kyron’s teacher he had the appointment that day, June 4, which is why no one expected he would be in class and was marked absent".

Reading her mail of June 5th there are several things that changed, for instance the time she left the school ~ 8:45 or 9am ???

ETA: KATU is asserting that the teacher was told it was Kyron who had a Dr's appt, not the baby. It was Terri who brought up the baby and I think she did this on purpose to confuse the issue. We have all thought that here right?

The candlelight vigil is not, by itself, a problem. Not in the least. Not by itself. I don't think anybody is saying it is.

Urging people to confront somebody whenever they see her is getting close to being a problem. It's getting close to the line of harassment. Depending on what is said and how often it's said, it could be assault. Dangerous path.

The people on the various social networking pages who were using metaphors about lighting a fire under TH's *advertiser censored** aren't a problem, by themselves. Even when they were talking about the law being too slow and taking matters into their own hands, that was still free speech. Dangerously close to vigilantism, but still just speech.

I'm worried that an unstable person will take all that confrontation and light a fire rhetoric too literally. I'm worried that in that group situation of heated rhetoric, tempers will flare and somebody will get hurt -- somebody who gets taken as a TH supporter, perhaps. I'm worried that somebody will confront TH rudely in the line at a grocery store, perhaps, and a neighbor will intervene to defend TH. Tempers flare, fists fly, bad s*** happens.

It doesn't take much. Nothing that has happened yet is over the line. But it's getting scary close.

I believe that Desiree asking the good people of Roseburg to greet Terri each time they see her with, "where is Kyron?" is no more harassment than Desiree asking them to ask Terri, "how's your day going?" However, if Desiree asked for everyone to ask Terri, "why did you kill Kyron?" or "where did you hide Kyron's body?"...that would be harassment.

The thing is those who're worried so much for someone's rights before they have even been remotely violated is mind boggling...and I speak for only my mind being boggled.

No one seems to suspect that Terri's parents had anything at all to do with Kyron's disappearance, so, IMO it's just not right to do things like that near their home. Having the vigil at a park and announcing they were there would have been more classy and might have attracted other people to join. This just seems like a protest that they hoped would grow into something like what tormented George and Cindy.

It seems that most people who are 99-100% convinced that TH is guilty also think she had made elaborate plans to do away with him. If that is true, she would have to be beyond the type of person who is going to care what strangers think of her. And I think she wants people who know her to think she is a caring mom, a teacher, etc. (regardless of the truth) which is why I don't think she will ever "spill it" Cold, calculating premeditating murderers don't crack.

I also have not seen proof that she is back out there drinking, or drinking at all. I think Desiree has heard she was seen in a bar. Did she say she was seen drinking alcohol? Just wondering. Even so, if she is, according to Kaine anyway, she simply passes out when drunk.

I don't think she had an elaborate plan to do away with him, and although I haven't spoken to tons of people about the case, I haven't really heard anyone who thinks there was much that was elaborate about it.

And she's spilled a lot of stuff to people without caring that it was tarnishing her saintly mother image - remember the lying? the asking MC to lie to her lawyer? the lie that she had no problem telling (and admitting to MC that she told) about being upset about baby K and driving? the bat phones she was so proud of? the gross sexting? Well, all of those things were SLIPS for someone who cared that others saw her as a perfect mother and wife. It's not that she doesn't care what strangers think of her - it's that she has an imperfect sense of reality, IMO, that makes her feel invincible. Which is why she would ask a guy she was trying to seduce to lie to her lawyer in the middle of a child murder investigation. Someone like that doesn't have a firm grasp on what most of us see as reality.

About the drinking - why wouldn't she still be drinking? We've seen no evidence that she ever wasn't drinking. Kaine said she drank, Dede said she drank, Terri's texts to MC said she drank - she's a drinker. Whether she's in a bar or in her own home.

The problem I have is that I believe that in order to relax her vigilance enough to go out, drink (possibly to excess) and start being indiscreet, TMH needs a certain comfort level. She needs to have the impression that no one is looking.

I disagree - she was perfectly willing to relax her vigilance enough to sext, lie, and ask others to lie for her in the middle of a police investigation. She was under NO illusions that "no one was looking" - she fully knew EVERYONE was looking, and looking hard, and looking directly at her. So I disagree that she would need to feel like she was flying under the radar. Her behavior suggests that she likes doing inappropriate and self-destructive things with everyone watching her. So with Desiree ensuring that Terri believes everyone is watching her, maybe she'll thumb her nose at the authorities once again and say something incriminating again - this time about Kyron. It's the pattern we've seen from her. I see no reason to assume the opposite is true.

I thought Desiree meant that Terri had been out in the bars as in over the past while. Not just recently. Doesn't matter, I guess.

But what if she drinks publicly to the point of being totally loose-lipped yet never tells anything? Could that possibly be our signal that she knows nothing to tell? Or will we come up with a plausible explanation of how she is somehow immuned to the inhibition-reducing effects of alcohol??

There are things in my past I am none too proud of. You could ply me with the strongest alcohol known to man and I would still 1. not ever mention those things and 2. If asked, deny, deny, deny.

Alcohol isn't a truth serum, and it doesn't work for everything. I think most people have one or two things they wouldn't let anyone know no matter what. I'd have to guess that whatever she did (or had done) to Kyron would be right up there at the top of her own particular "no tell" list.

I am checking in here today to see if there is any news about the "activities" in Roseburg ... I see there is no new news. :frown::frown:

I believe that the Roseburg vigil, signs, etc. is all about FINDING KYRON ! These supporters are dedicated to seeking justice for Kyron, and that the perp is punished for any and all crimes against Kyron !

:cow::cow: It is my opinion that TH is that perp !

In post #40 on this thread, I posted:

"Terrie has NEVER spoken publicly and she NEVER will."
"To me, Terrie's SILENCE SPEAKS VOLUMES !!"

What I meant by my opinion is that Terrie never did an "interview" with the media -- and this is prior to the Desiree and Kaine's statement about TH. We have nothing VERBAL from her -- we don't even know what her voice sounds like.

But Terrie was quick to send out e-mails to the press ... trying to look innocent ... but this was a failed attempt by Terrie to justify her "innocence".

Think about it: Your step-son is missing and you e-mail the press ? Okay, I understand we live in a world with e-mails and text messages are the norm, but we are talking about a missing child here. I would have been in the news stations asking for help, not sending e-mails.

Anyone can HIDE behind an e-mail ... Terrie could not face the cameras !

In that family presser, she should there -- squirming -- looking up and down -- acting like a scared rat ... her "body language" spoke volumes.

Ah ... but remember the body-building videos ? She enjoyed every minute of the cameras on her showing off her body and muscles ...

It's a shame Oregon does not have the same laws as Florida ... I would love to hear and see Terrie's LE's interviews ...

Sorry for the rant ... I just want to see Kyron found and justice served !

Many Prayers for Kyron, Desiree, Tony and Kaine ...

After being reminded of June 5 email..Thanks

I wonder if was normal for her to have times down (right to the minute)...also was she one to keep her receipts?

After being reminded of June 5 email..Thanks

I wonder if was normal for her to have times down (right to the minute)...also was she one to keep her receipts?

I don't keep receipts intentionally but I guess I would sure be looking for some if LE was asking me where I was...I am guessing she got her time off of a receipt she had either kept or found in car? I probably have a dozen in mine right now, in the driver's door pocket thing...(not defending her, just saying...)

I don't think she had an elaborate plan to do away with him, and although I haven't spoken to tons of people about the case, I haven't really heard anyone who thinks there was much that was elaborate about it.

And she's spilled a lot of stuff to people without caring that it was tarnishing her saintly mother image - remember the lying? the asking MC to lie to her lawyer? the lie that she had no problem telling (and admitting to MC that she told) about being upset about baby K and driving? the bat phones she was so proud of? the gross sexting? Well, all of those things were SLIPS for someone who cared that others saw her as a perfect mother and wife. It's not that she doesn't care what strangers think of her - it's that she has an imperfect sense of reality, IMO, that makes her feel invincible. Which is why she would ask a guy she was trying to seduce to lie to her lawyer in the middle of a child murder investigation. Someone like that doesn't have a firm grasp on what most of us see as reality.

About the drinking - why wouldn't she still be drinking? We've seen no evidence that she ever wasn't drinking. Kaine said she drank, Dede said she drank, Terri's texts to MC said she drank - she's a drinker. Whether she's in a bar or in her own home.

I disagree - she was perfectly willing to relax her vigilance enough to sext, lie, and ask others to lie for her in the middle of a police investigation. She was under NO illusions that "no one was looking" - she fully knew EVERYONE was looking, and looking hard, and looking directly at her. So I disagree that she would need to feel like she was flying under the radar. Her behavior suggests that she likes doing inappropriate and self-destructive things with everyone watching her. So with Desiree ensuring that Terri believes everyone is watching her, maybe she'll thumb her nose at the authorities once again and say something incriminating again - this time about Kyron. It's the pattern we've seen from her. I see no reason to assume the opposite is true.

ITA. Terri likes attention on her. It wasn't long after Kyron went missing that her hijinks began. I think Terri likes danger and controversy. It makes her feel important and sexy. I think DY is right to want to put some pressure on TH because TH makes more mistakes when the pressure is on than when there's no pressure there. I think TH might get boastful to someone in a bar, or someone she has a fling with because of the pressure being put on her. Instead of making her suffer, DY doing this is only going to anger TH and make her want to act out in defiance of DY. Like see? You're putting pressure on me, but ha ha, it's not getting to me. I'm still doing what I want to do and say what I want to say. And THAT is where TH will mess up and make mistakes.

She's far too comfortable with her expensive lawyer and cozy life in her parent's home. I bet she is so comfortable she is bored. It's easier not to say anything, but she is probably craving high danger and pressure. I think that this was very calculated on DY's part. Let it get to a point where TH is so bored and wanting out that she gives her that out by putting more pressure on her. It makes her feel alive, sexy, and wanted. Before, no one cared about her, no one acted like she existed in Roseburg, I'm sure. But now people are talking. And TH is going to thumb her nose at them and act like "I'm here, so deal with it." And she's going to get even dumber and do something risky, I bet, and that might be her downfall.

I think this is highly possible because most people don't like pressure. However, TH thrives under it. Who would think to get batphones and sext people when they're under the pressure of being suspected of hurting a child? Yet TH did this like it was no big deal. She was able to think and act and not let the situation affect her. She totally THRIVED under the pressure of what happened to Kyron, and that just isn't normal. I think it's a large part of why she decided to kidnap Kyron out of a crowded school on a busy day in the first place, even with a guy there mowing the soccer field. I'm sure if she didn't know about the soccer field being mowed, that was okay, it was just more pressure to do what she was going to do and not get caught. It was the pressure of the situation that made her want to do it and prove to herself that she could do it and get away with it. And hopefully, if pressure keeps getting put on her, that will also be her undoing.

I don't keep receipts intentionally but I guess I would sure be looking for some if LE was asking me where I was...I am guessing she got her time off of a receipt she had either kept or found in car? I probably have a dozen in mine right now, in the driver's door pocket thing...(not defending her, just saying...)

If Terrie's receipts match up with Credit Card or Debit Card Statement's dates and times -- okay -- then it would be verified.

:waitasec:

But if Terrie's receipts were paid with "cash" ... well that might be another story ...

I would then look to see if those "friends" with the "batphones" may have provided receipts and been shopping in those stores ... and then take a lot at their statements ...

:cow::cow::cow:

ITA. Terri likes attention on her. It wasn't long after Kyron went missing that her hijinks began. I think Terri likes danger and controversy. It makes her feel important and sexy. I think DY is right to want to put some pressure on TH because TH makes more mistakes when the pressure is on than when there's no pressure there. I think TH might get boastful to someone in a bar, or someone she has a fling with because of the pressure being put on her. Instead of making her suffer, DY doing this is only going to anger TH and make her want to act out in defiance of DY. Like see? You're putting pressure on me, but ha ha, it's not getting to me. I'm still doing what I want to do and say what I want to say. And THAT is where TH will mess up and make mistakes.

She's far too comfortable with her expensive lawyer and cozy life in her parent's home. I bet she is so comfortable she is bored. It's easier not to say anything, but she is probably craving high danger and pressure. I think that this was very calculated on DY's part. Let it get to a point where TH is so bored and wanting out that she gives her that out by putting more pressure on her. It makes her feel alive, sexy, and wanted. Before, no one cared about her, no one acted like she existed in Roseburg, I'm sure. But now people are talking. And TH is going to thumb her nose at them and act like "I'm here, so deal with it." And she's going to get even dumber and do something risky, I bet, and that might be her downfall.

I think this is highly possible because most people don't like pressure. However, TH thrives under it. Who would think to get batphones and sext people when they're under the pressure of being suspected of hurting a child? Yet TH did this like it was no big deal. She was able to think and act and not let the situation affect her. She totally THRIVED under the pressure of what happened to Kyron, and that just isn't normal. I think it's a large part of why she decided to kidnap Kyron out of a crowded school on a busy day in the first place, even with a guy there mowing the soccer field. I'm sure if she didn't know about the soccer field being mowed, that was okay, it was just more pressure to do what she was going to do and not get caught. It was the pressure of the situation that made her want to do it and prove to herself that she could do it and get away with it. And hopefully, if pressure keeps getting put on her, that will also be her undoing.

:goodpost: This is a GREAT POST !

This is a great description of the REAL Terrie Horman !

Thanks !!!

There are things in my past I am none too proud of. You could ply me with the strongest alcohol known to man and I would still 1. not ever mention those things and 2. If asked, deny, deny, deny.

Alcohol isn't a truth serum, and it doesn't work for everything. I think most people have one or two things they wouldn't let anyone know no matter what. I'd have to guess that whatever she did (or had done) to Kyron would be right up there at the top of her own particular "no tell" list.

Sometimes for a sociopath, alcohol can be a truth serum.

Sometimes for a sociopath, alcohol can be a truth serum.

I don't know about specifically for a sociopath, but IMO alcohol lowers inhibitions and reduces judgment, which combined can have affects similar to a truth serum in that new "friends" can seem so sympathetic and trustworthy that things may slip out that would not otherwise. And, as Aedrys pointed out so well, TH's personality makeup of desiring and thriving on attention, even negative attention, and seeming enjoyment of "shock value" kind of statements might make her very prone to opening up too much to someone she incorrectly deems to be her new BFF...all IMOO...

It seems that most people who are 99-100% convinced that TH is guilty also think she had made elaborate plans to do away with him. If that is true, she would have to be beyond the type of person who is going to care what strangers think of her. And I think she wants people who know her to think she is a caring mom, a teacher, etc. (regardless of the truth) which is why I don't think she will ever "spill it" Cold, calculating premeditating murderers don't crack.

I also have not seen proof that she is back out there drinking, or drinking at all. I think Desiree has heard she was seen in a bar. Did she say she was seen drinking alcohol? Just wondering. Even so, if she is, according to Kaine anyway, she simply passes out when drunk.

Apparently, not always...remember she was drinking (thanks to DS) prior (during?) her "sext-capades" that one lonely night...remember? ;)

True, but she sure didn't give anything away about Kyron...

From what the public has seen of those sexts, maybe not...but, then we don't know if the public actually saw "all" of her content she shared with her friend that night...or do we?

True, but she sure didn't give anything away about Kyron...

Maybe she did. Maybe she has given stuff away while drunk but only so far to people invested in her like her parents who have not yet come forward to the police out of fear or protecting her, or to someone who was also drinking and therefore didn't catch on. Maybe she gave stuff away but it was cryptic enough that her interlocutor didn't understand the significance. Etc. In other words we have no way of knowing what she has or hasn't given away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston