2011.03.04 Motions Hearing - #1 (AM)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now GA has a yellow legal pad!!! The whole fam damily is becoming paralegals!

OMG, a win for KB, AND now we get more Yuri??? I love today!

Camera keeps looking at GA who is scribbling on a legal pad...

Yuri is back up, Baez questioning him about a conversation with George.

AAAHHHH if only I had showered with laptop in bathroom instead of waiting! YM in the house :D

GA looks like he is going to pass out in the audience.

Oh, good, George is in the courtroom and gets to hear YM testify. Maybe he'll learn something.

Ooooh GA is not a happy person today. Looks very angry.

And what is george angrily writing on his notepad today? Notes on how Yuri walks and dresses to try to find something to spite him on??

Here are my notes from the KB motion. (I could never be a reporter - they talk/crosstalk faster than I can type!)

Court started with scolding of delay due to KC not getting clothes in time. Stern warning given that this will not be tolerated.

First motion - motion re: Kathi Belish.

Greg Thomas on behalf of KB and WFTV.
He starts by reviewing standards in their motion on the law.
He states that JB mentioned LauraB and that KB has never talked to her. She did talk to MD. The info is readily available on MD.

Mason: Says there is no privilege that she injected herself in case. Says she spoon feed docs. State has taken MD off witness list. Says MD is possibly in conspiracy with RA. They want to take depo and if there is a conspiracy they want KB sequestered for that reason.
Mason saying they believe there was a conspiracy between MD and RA.

Judge: When did you take RA depo.

Mason: last week.

Judge: You took the depo of MD?

Mason: We tried but they wouldn't let us do it.

Judge: Has she given a statement?

Mason: Yes.

JB saying her testimony would be about discussion of potential remains.
Judge asking why Robin not asked about KB if there was a conspiracy.
JB saying Robin denied it all in her depo last week. JB says MD contradicts RA. Both part of letter exchange (his words). JB saying KB corrects MD with facts and that tape needs to authenticated - they could be outtakes or edited.
Judge says KB not the editor. Asking again what do you hope to gain talking to KB. Do you intend to call her? JB- we may. Judge: I didn't say may, I said do you intend to call her. Why
JB: To impeach MD.
JB: saying we filed to anticipate issues that might lie ahead. He is saying if MD testifies about 'stories feed to KB' they want to call KB.

Attorney for KB saying all the info from the interview is on the site. That that is all there is. Objects to taking KB depo under journalist privilege.

Judge reviews law - (stated in motion by WFTV, for reference)
Law designed to protect journalist and first amendment. Saying if we take this to seek - is a fishing expedition and defense has failed to show cause.
Motion to quash granted!

I love the way he speaks to Baez..like he is the attorney and baez is a bug on his shoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean