2011.03.04 Motions Hearing - #2 (PM)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No.........you are not.

I don't think that he was sincere at all.

I mean really - take a look at all the times he has been turned into the Bar, how long it took it be approved to practice law in the first place.

I would have thought that the 8yr wait on that alone would have given him an appreciation of what he held his hand.
Apparently, not, IMO.

Today were just "words".
In one ear, straight out the other, no stopping inbetween.

He might "behave" for one or two more times in court, but, he won't be able to maintain any new and improved appearances.
And, that is saying nothing in regards to his snarky e-mails and no reply phone calls.
JMO ~

Yes, I agree and I'm thinking Mason wrote that speech for him.....

So the defense is not going to challenge the use and validity (ability?) of the "gas chromotagraph" or "laser induced break down spectroscope."

Are they two different machines or is this two different descriptions of the same machine?

Was this to be addressed at the Frye hearing??

Again, what are these things and what evidence do they belong to?

ETA: However, they are going to challenge these "machines" findings.

I hope I have that right!

Looks like KC's handwriting.

It is Dorothy Sims - it is part of the motion against the motion to suppress for Frye - Baez if you remember had no additional information for those motions that are to be heard in the Frye hearings - HHJP was accepting this handwritten note until Monday, when a formal one will be filed, rather than move ahead with the motion.

It was all conciliatory just the court could proceed.... You will see it in the last 15 minutes of today's hearing.

I was just wondering that as well. I just finished watching YM's testimony...and the final "denied" of JP's rang loud in my ears (when LDB asked for questions to be stricken). I hope that the judge realizes the timeline of events...that Casey was arrested after tracking down her "leads". YM came on the scene late in the game (after the handcuffing episode)...it was his resposnibility to hear everything firsthand before making a decision. He probably did suspect he wasn't hearing the truth...but how could he have known that an initial call about a stolen car would lead to the murder of a precious child. IMHO he believed that he was faced with one stubborn and strong willed young lady who was playing games with her mother.

BBM

ITA and IMO it shows very clearly in the interview at universal - even though they'd just walked the hall with her til the end and KNEW she didnt work there, that everything she'd just thus far was a lie, the continued to questions her as if her story had truth ie asking her what time she went to work after dropping caylee off at "zanny's" (dont quote me, I havent heard it in ages but that's the gist)

I thought then and still think that LE at the time just could not grasp what ICA was up to, obviously they wanted caylee alive and ICA's behaviour didnt gel with anything they had ever seen before. I dont think they suspected caylee might really be dead until they actually took the car. and the reason they delayed taking the car was for the same reason IMO. ICA's behaviour did not gel with being the mother of a missing or hurt child.

That was such a nice post. I have been here everyday since I did a search on this case on the internet when the story broke. Back then, there was a "Newbie" forum that I stayed in because I was too scared to come post on the big boy/girl board!
I just don't know what I am going to do with myself after this case is over and I can't "come" here every day....:(

OH NO YOU DON'T --- we will get you TOTALLY OBSESSED on another case!

NOBODY IS GOING ANYWHERE!

Okay, I just watched a youtube video on "CG" also known as "Gas Chromatography."

Is it safe to say that the air samples are now admissable at trial and they will argue the "interpretation" of the "findings" and how they're "applied" at trial? Or are they going to do this at the Frye hearing? Challenge the interpretation?

I am confused because they agree that they are not challenging the "validity" of these two machines (The LIBS scared the crap out of me when I looked it up on youtube. It was like listening to a stun gun) as to their "ability" and their "findings."

BUT then they say that they will challenge the "interpretation" of the "findings" and how they are "applied?"

So what does this mean? Interpretation... I guess you can say is an opinion? So the defense is going to challenge what these machines "found" (volatile fatty acids?) and how that "applies" to this case? Applied to what?

ETA: I hope I didn't butcher this post too much... I am just confused?

Just caught a blip that Nancy Grace is going to be "breaking the Casey Case down" tonight for those of you that are up to it.

YES!! She said she would resume coverage as it neared trial!! :great::great::great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717