2011.04.01 Frye Hearing (DISCUSSION THREAD) - AM edition

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and it seems that if you give Baez an inch, he'll take a mile....crack down on him JP!:banghead:
Seriously, why would HHJP crack down on Baez at a pretrial hearing? HHJP has to give the defence some leeway, whether we like it or not, and this isn't this judge's first rodeo.

What has probably happened is that HHJP has decided to allow the State's decomp smell evidence, and by allowing Furtan's testimony today, HHJP reduces this issue from becoming one for the appellate court.

My opinions only.

There was no organic waste in the trash bag, IIRC....or chemicals....are we really going down this road again?

This witness is SO nervous, he is not confident at all, his demeanor shows that he is trying to say what Baez wants him to say, but he seems a wreck up there!

I still can't understand WHY Baez is arguing motions, he is not DP qualified. I thought he was to be lead attorney only....what am I missing...

Household trash has been identified as a source for (insert scientific name)(knuckle sufieds) four out of the five are non decompositional...jose asks...

his witness says, "no." Now is explaining that knuckle sufides can be in house hold trash the break down of other things not having to do with decomp.

Jose asking about the "barker ranch study" JA objects and says this has been discussed. Jose says not true. Judge says, just tell me mr baez don't editorialize...

"Any so called GOOD lawyer provides a copy" GO JBP!!! :great: :clap:

Would've loved to see ICA's face when he said THAT! LOL

Oh Em Gee .. when is JB gonna learn that you have extra copies for the state and the court and you show them first before asking the witness a question.

d'uh even my cat knows this by now, he hears me say it every time JB doesn't do it. :innocent:
Most of the time, the defense doesn't even bring copies for THEMSELVES <depos, etc>

Mr Baezzzzz, just tell me the basis of your question, no editorial.

OMG-- Your honor saying "since you folks don't understand the civility (sounded like subltely though) of trial practice, please take note that if you are going to refer to a document you need to furnish a copy to your opponent!! Hilar!! I hope someone else got that verbatim but that is Your Honor pointing out to DT (boy I can think of a lot of names to go with those initials!!) the rules of trial 101.

I'm sure it will be on Judge Perry Says Twitter!

Judge: "Mr. Baez I do not need you to editorialize."

THEN.....JB used the Judge's exact question. Way to CYA JB.

Every time they refer to the Dr. with the long name that nobody can say, all I hear is snufalufagus. :waitasec:

I still can't understand WHY Baez is arguing motions, he is not DP qualified. I thought he was to be lead attorney only....what am I missing...

Isn't the entire purpose that DCS is on board is for challenging the "junk science"? She is supposedly the science person. Yet all we see is JB.

"Decomposing household trash." Coached much?

Jose asks witness to look at picture and asks what it is, (witness)says, "looks like household trash" the witness says a "soda can" can break down like decomp??? JA has objected...

The judge can let this in...if I were on a jury this witness would not impress me.

Gas cans, soda cans can give off false readings...GAS CANS...hummm...hum?

Soda can reproduce the byproduct of human remains? WTF?

Tell me I did not hear that BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member