Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Witness - Milk, cheese

Baez - Would it be caused by velveeta cheese?

Witness - Yes, I see velveeta cheese was in the garbage.

kf the crux of the challenge is there are not scientific agreement on what is in the human decomp

jb what are fatty acids
kf class of compounds from living things - human or animal origin - ie glass of milk

jb dr vass talks about 4 fatty acids - are those found in human decomp only or others
kf these compounds are found in everyday consumer products - not unique to human decomp - found in milkfat, butter, cheese,

jb in velveeta cheese
kf sure - i do see a velveeta package

jb is it found in coconut shampoo
kf don't know for certain what is in coconut shampoo

jb in adipocere?

now they're trying the velveeta cheese thing. okay, JB, if the baby was never found you might have a snowball's chance...BUT HER BODY WAS FOUND. she clearly WAS deceased and WAS in the car!

how can anyone defend this? how can they TRY? I could never live with myself!

I was really trying to listen and understand what this witness is saying. Really trying to understand the argument the defense is making-like a juror...all it does is make me want to :pullhair:

I agree. And Furton is no Dr. Vass, however I think the biggest problem is that JB is HORRIBLE at examining an expert witness. Probably because he doesn't have a clue himself!

Squirrels, Pizza, Soda....Velveeta cheese..

I just yelled at my laptop and my children looked at me like I am nuts...

I understand that, but in the interim, we are essentially going to hear this crap all over again. Why not stop the hearing, let the prosecution do what they are entitled to do and reconvene?
BBM

Because it's highly likely that HHJP has researched this and has already decided in favour of the State, so allowing this witness to testify removes the chance of the defence trying to make this an appellate issue if KC is convicted.

It's just legal chess.

My opinions only.

I'm never eating cheese again. I'm never drinking soda again. I'm never shampoo'ing my hair with coconut shampoo!! Good lord, what do they put in these products to make it consistent with Human decomposition?

Can we live off just water?

JB - if you found these four chemicals would you render opinion that it is adipocere
JA - objection (overruled)
recess (10 min

HHJP: before the question is answered this will be a good time to take a 10 min recess

BBM

Because it's highly likely that HHJP has researched this and has already decided in favour of the State, so allowing this witness to testify removes the chance of the defence trying to make this an appellate issue if KC is convicted.

It's just legal chess.

My opinions only.

I hope you are correct!

kc self soothes - rubbing her upper arm - feigning pain, hugging self while waiting for her lawyer appointed buddy babysitter to come sit with her

HHJP let JB question the witness, even though he signed that paper stating that he wouldn't.

Can JA now bring back sanctions now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member