2011.04.06 Frye Hearing Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All the "cover ups" like the Casey placed trash and spraying by CA were not tested and explained good enough for JB.

Febreze? Still? Really? About as compelling as the testimony of the officer that he tried to get to say the stink came from the garbage. That was one of the biggest fails! If that's the best he has...

sorry to jump in and forgive me if it's been asked before, but why is jb's traffic-thwarted guy standing at the podium?

He's part of the PPP. Power Point Posse

He's there to "click" to the next frame so JB doesn't lose his momentum.

FYI: Sybers v. State:

CASE SUMMARY
PROCEDURAL POSTURE: Appellant was convicted by a jury in the Circuit Court for Bay County (Florida) of first-degree murder. The trial court denied his motion for postconviction relief. He appealed.

OVERVIEW: Appellant, a medical examiner, was accused of murdering his wife by administering succinylcholine, a toxic substance. The trial court denied appellant's attempts to exclude the testimony of two expert witnesses who, nine years after the wife's death and embalming, tested for and allegedly found the presence in the wife's body of succinylmonocholine, a residue of succinylcholine. The trial court admitted the evidence on the basis that appellant's objections went to the weight, rather than the admissibility, of the evidence. Further, the trial court admitted testimony from a witness that her friend, who was involved with appellant, had told her a month before the wife's death that appellant was going to try to get a divorce. On appeal, the court found that the State failed to carry its burden of establishing by independent and impartial proof that the testing procedures used by the two expert witnesses were generally accepted in the relevant scientific community. Further, the trial court erred by permitting the witness to testify as to appellant getting a divorce.

OUTCOME: The judgment was reversed, and the case was remanded for a new trial.

His - JBs - constant "Now! (blah blah frickety blah)" is as annoying as the dang pen-clicking. IMHO.

Don't shoot me, but I think Jose is doing a pretty good job today, considering what he has to work with.

He's better than Simms today.
I respectfully disagree.

He started by insulting the judge's intelligence, and his presentation is a mess. His "points" consist of mocking Dr Vass and showing he can't spell for *advertiser censored*.

sorry to jump in and forgive me if it's been asked before, but why is jb's traffic-thwarted guy standing at the podium?

He presses the button to change the slide (cross my heart)

Was JA just smiling?

He's doing the power point (basically hitting 'return') on queue from JB. JB apparently can't do both. Kind of like chewing gum and walking at the same time.

Jose has a chart: Frye on one side and Opinion on the other.

The judge told Jose that there will always be opinion on each side. These are matters for the trial. I heard him say that...

So now we know what Cindy's testimoney was for. She should be so proud of perjuring herself in this cause.

He's part of the PPP. Power Point Posse

He's there to "click" to the next frame so JB doesn't lose his momentum.

Oh, wow, that's hilarious. He looks like a bouncer standing there with his arms folded. Good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member