2011.04.08 Sidebar Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MelissaLee, quite a while back, I pulled all kinds of data regarding population/demographics/political affiliations ad naseum for Florida counties, and my very ill-educated opinion was...Palm Beach County was very very similar. HOWEVER, with the "not many TV stations" comment (which could be a red herring), I am beginning to think Gainsville (Alachua)- the population differs, but with the University, you have a good sized educated pool whose numbers would include philosophies and belief systems agreeable to both sides...

Ah well, idle spec at this point

Yeah, this is what i posted as well. On top of it being a college town where they would most definitely be able to mix in some of casey's peers.

Originally Posted by pip
I thought they were going to talk about the 2 psych MD's added late. What happened with that?

And Ashton said that he has already filed a Motion to have the Defendant examined by a State expert, and the Defense will have time to file a response to that motion before next Hearing on Friday. Ashton said they are looking for the expert to do the exam.
JB replied strongly that they WILL be filing a response to that Motion (Finnell has already said there is no law which gives the State the right to have a State expert do a mental health exam on the Inmate).

ThinkTank doesn't the State have the right to their OWN mental health expert? I don't understand why the defense can have ICA examined but the State cannot? :waitasec:

does anyone think that if one posts here, or anywere, attended hearings.-we would ever be able to be chosen regardless of our thoughts of guilty or innocent. i would think we never would be chosen just cause we post . am i right or wrong? since i have been at hearings i would think thats would end any chance . i am in a county that could be chosen i feel.

Originally Posted by pip
I thought they were going to talk about the 2 psych MD's added late. What happened with that?

And Ashton said that he has already filed a Motion to have the Defendant examined by a State expert, and the Defense will have time to file a response to that motion before next Hearing on Friday. Ashton said they are looking for the expert to do the exam.
JB replied strongly that they WILL be filing a response to that Motion (Finnell has already said there is no law which gives the State the right to have a State expert do a mental health exam on the Inmate).
I believe this is shueduled for next friday.

I'm thinking someplace like Lake Wales.

Good one..
But, I think Lake Wales is still too close to Orlando...less than 50 miles..

I just checked..Lake Wales receives Orlando TV stations WFTV 9, WKMG 6, and WBRW 65 (FOX), WRDQ 27 (owned by WFTV)

does anyone think that if one posts here, or anywere, attended hearings.-we would ever be able to be chosen regardless of our thoughts of guilty or innocent. i would think we never would be chosen just cause we post . am i right or wrong? since i have been at hearings i would think thats would end any chance . i am in a county that could be chosen i feel.

I think that would exclude us. I'm always hoping so for if I ever get called as I dont feel comfortable with the idea of being responsible as a juror.

I'm over 22-years-old and I wear my Tampa Bay Buccaneers jersey year round? I'm literally wearing my #5 authentic Josh Freeman jersey as I type this. :floorlaugh:

My problem with Joy's attire today is that it is completely disrespectful to the courtroom. A sleeveless jersey and jeans is completely unacceptable. If she were at Universal Studios or at a sports bar, etc... I would have no problem with it.

And again - but it's Joy Wray we are talking about here....:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Interesting question littlemisslegal! I wonder if the potential jurors will be asked if they post or read on a blog, website, etc? I'm sure if they answer "yes", the defense will absolutely have them tossed!

ThinkTank doesn't the State have the right to their OWN mental health expert? I don't understand why the defense can have ICA examined but the State cannot? :waitasec:

Being forced to give evidence against herself I think.

Well after watching 2 of the JW videos, I'm convinced that whoever does those must help with JB's powerpoints. Geeze.

I am very curious about the depositions yesterday of the new psychiatrists. For some reason, that is what I thought the sidebar was about and filing something underseal. Not the location of the trial.

The discussion in open court was on the State having their mental health expert do an exam of the Defendant, and Ashton said he filed his Motion requesting that, then JB said he would file a response, and the Judge reiterated for the Defense to file their response, then JB is the one who asked for the private sidebar that followed this discussion.
After the sidebar, the Judge said it would be sealed.

Then discussion of the jury selection location began ...

Originally Posted by pip

Oh wow. I had a feeling the SA would want their own exam. I suspect the DT was going to try to sneak some serious mental health issues in, disguised of course as "state of mind" nonsense. GO State! I think they will get to examine her.

Can someone help me out here ?

I have seen the name Joy Wray in posts here and I can't remember who this is. So many people to keep track of.

TIA !

Come down to the Parking Lot-:seeya:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6311557#post6311557"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc