2011.04.15 Hearing Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am guessing that KC said some incriminating things or that doctor said some incriminating things and the in camera was JB trying to squash the use of that deposition for anything.

The fact that JA asked to use it for the penalty phase tells me that it is something really bad about KC. I wonder what it is
That she accused someone else?

Sorry if this has been mentioned. This slow server is driving me crazy. I found this tweet on Channel 13 news feed about the exchange between CM and JA where LDB grabbed JA;'s arm.
CFNews13Casey: Cheney jokingly says that Linda Burdick will be told of location and not Ashton. Ashton got mad and said "excuse me!" sternly

I wish HHJP would slap that silly old man. He's always trying to bait JA.

ATTENTION

I just got off the phone with Tricia. She is contacting our IT admin as I type this.

She asked me to reassure everyone that they are going to rectify the server issues as soon as possible. She offers her sincere apology for the problems today, but is glad we are aware of this now before the trial begins so that she can take care of it. She appreciates your patience and said not to worry. Things will be ready for trial.

Thanks Beach, you're a peach! My hubby thought I would stroke out...I was frantic! :banghead:

HHJP: need a statement of fact(from both sides) for Friday what will be read to a jury, so we can tell them a little about he case.

LDB: isn't the court closed Friday?

HH: By Thursday, okay. Defense anything else?

JB: No

HH: State

LDB: No

HH: One more thing. Check scheduals I am available all next week(he will be in Oscoloa (sp?) ) Mon, tue, wed, thurs, friday till three he can be reached. Last min status hearing mon tue wed thurs, friday. I believe we have two weeks in april and one in May to get together to agree on status hearing. Mr. Baez did you get in touch with Ms. Levey regarding (chairs?). You've requested the formal defense table. HH telling the SA and the defense to go "up there" to check out the technology, to check out the equipment.

JB: says something.

HHJP: reminds Jose to get in touch with Ms. Levey.

HHJP: one last question. are there two more witnesses for the penalty phase?

JA: dr. weiss

HHJP: something sent by Ms. Fennel was sent to JB, LDB re: Green(person)and Gibbs(person), Menendy and Dewit. Recess.

Didn't the judge make the announcement that they were going in camera about the issue of the journal or diary? or was that just my imagination? at least that was what i was thinking he said.

OKaaaaaayyy...so evidently from what HHJP is saying regarding "go up there and take a look at the technology" they all know where they are going now????

No, no, no, no, no

HHJP is talking about "upstairs" from where they are now - in the big courtroom he usually inhabits which has been under some construction - hence, why they have been using this smaller one lately.

JA was asking about some of the A/V equipment.

HHJP confirmed that the DT will be moving to the long table across the courtroom from the cameras that he offered them previously so the camera couldn't read the computer screens over their shoulders.

The comment was not about the 48hrs program.
JB was in the middle of whining about not knowing the location for Jury selection, asking for all media to be excluded, asking for cameras to be turned off... when he started trying to teach HHJP about the Constitution....(!)
HHJP told him that we didn't live in Egypt or Libya, there was a little matter of the First Amendment to consider, and any decision to do as JB requested would be overturned within 48hrs.
Nonetheless, I think it was an "inspired" choice of interval....
(or I just want to think that)

IMHO

I truly do believe that the 48 hours quip was a little dig by HHJP. Anything is usually overturned in 24 hours...that was HHJP's way of letting the DT know that he is aware of their scallywaggery! :) Gotta love dat judge!

I was having issues hearing whether or not the Judge set a date for the next hearing. Did he set a date?

I was having issues hearing whether or not the Judge set a date for the next hearing. Did he set a date?

Patty, what I got was that he wants the SA and DT to get him their thoughts on the Statement of Fact by Thursday, and then I believe he said they should get him their schedules so that he could set the next few status hearings. I didn't hear any definitive date either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns