2011.05.02 Motions/Status Hearing 9:30 AM EDT

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought KC started crying when HHJP said he would delay the trial and the defense could ask for a continuance of up to a year. She is upset because rather than 'getting out of jail' in June or July (as JB has promised) she thinks she might have to sit in jail for almost another year. I don't think the tears were for anything else but the thought of being in jail even longer before trial.

I really want to see that sequestration dealt with also.

ICA will always believe she's that special snowflake, even with the DP on the table because in her mind this has all been about her, her trial, her lawyers, her everything. It may be only occuring to her now that we are in the home stretch that special snowflakes don't last too long in prison. I'm assuming they'll have to keep her away from gen pop so it'll just be her, the walls, and bars for the rest of her life. That's fitting, considering Caylee probably had the car trunk.

Hmm...I wonder if Casey is realizing this judge is actually looking out for her and not completely against her like she probably previously thought? I wonder if she's going to look at her DT differently now. I'm sure they've been lying to her that HHJP is just totally against her and doesn't care about her or her rights.

And boy, I just know the DT wishes they could have a time machine about now...
I think she's also seeing HHJP get aggressive and it's scaring the crap out of her. She may be realizing the DT's games are over.

I do wonder if the DT is going to go with, well judge, we can't get a fair trial anyway, might as well try to plea this one out. Not that HHJP or the SA would go with it, but I can see them trying to use that as a tactic to get a plea deal. Of course, their terms would probably get them laughed out chambers, I'm sure.

I'm not "smelling" plea here (and I've been on that side before). I agree this about jury selection and perhaps some warnings about media involvement. I don't know if ICA is at the end of the hallway yet (thanks to whoever coined that above) but I think she can see the end of the hallway and there's a big old abyss there waiting JUST for her.

You think CA is starting to realize that the Anthony family does not always win their fights?

Any news media outlets who file an appeal on this motion and delay this case should have their court room request for this trial likewise denied. Leave more seating for the general public.

Don't know how I missed CA shaking but I did. Wish I could have seen it......
Guess I was typing or something......

I am throwing in another two cents (that makes me up to four cents now LOL)....

I don't think Casey would ever ask for a plea deal

Plus, I thought we saw a very different JB today -- anyone else notice that?

I was wondering if perhaps he was reconsidering the insessions interveiw along with that 48 hours......and thought oh.........opsie!!!! But then again why would he think he has caused any of the media blitz.....

At any time did HHJP say ANYTHING at all to the defense about all of their TV appearances????? Seems to me that is the NUMBER ONE biggest problem with all this pretrial publicity. Somebody just needs to say 'STFU'

I thought he was going to, when he asked WHY they wanted a change of venue.

Yeah! something is in the air today. While there may not be a plea deal in the works, I am thinking that they finally sat KC and family down and said now is the time we need to be talking about it.

You think CA is starting to realize that the Anthony family does not always win their fights?

I guess CA was wrong. You CAN mess with the Anthony family...

And holy font size, Batman. Is anyone else seeing the ginormous WS notice at the top of the page? It scared the crap out of me when I went to reply!

I noticed that as well, especially when he answered HHJP with "yes, sir"..

While HHJP was issuing his somewhat long-winded ruling on this media motion, did anyone else notice the camera shot of ICA with Baez in the frame where someone passed Baez a folded slip of yellow legal paper, he read it, shook his head, and then did made a frowning motion???

nonono! Faefrost is not in the legal field (well at least not above a an undergraduate degree from 20 years ago). Emphatically NOT A LAWYER. Just a knowledgeable layperson. I don't want anyone to get the impression that I actually know what I am talking about. :crazy:

You know what you're talking about!!! You blow me away often with your insight. I don't even care if your formative education was in Dog Grooming. You rock lady!!!!

I am throwing in another two cents (that makes me up to four cents now LOL)....

I don't think Casey would ever ask for a plea deal

Especially since he just compared her trial to the OJ trial! She is in the big time now.(Not that I agree).:maddening:

Any news media outlets who file an appeal on this motion and delay this case should have their court room request for this trial likewise denied. Leave more seating for the general public.

Great idea!:great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members