2011.05.02 Sidebar Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm inclined to think CA was shaking from Anger based upon her historic reaction when she disagrees (being depicted as media hound) with what is being said.......especially if she's prohibited from speaking out.

I watched that portion again, a few times, and here is what I think. Watching this live, I did see her shaking her head affirmatively while HHJP was addressing that this case has had more media coverage than any he has seen in his 31 years experience. And he is now attempting to find a jury outside Orlando who has not seen all the documents and information re this case that are online. It did not occur to me that she was 'shaking' or 'trembling' until others commented on it. I thought she was simply agreeing with HHJP. Now I am rethinking this as Amil observed CA glaring at HHJP during this time. So was she actually shaking her head in agreement, or was something else going on?

ETA: http://www.wftv.com/video/27745104/index.html approx 23 minutes

Watching the hearing. As he stresses that they could go to any other source, it occurs to me why he is so pizzed. He through the media a bone by offering to tell them where the jury selection is if they would sign this. He could have said we're not telling anyone no how no way find it yourselves...and it still wasn't good enough.

I apologize for mentioning something about medication. I was just trying to answer a question asked on the thread.

Why is Cindy bringing drinks into the courtroom? Amil reported that this morning she had what appeared to be a Coke. Is she doing it in defiance? And still chewing gum.

Just wanted to confirm Amil's observations today that KC actually started to shed tears when HHBP said:

26:40 beings kc's heavy breathing . . . CM has been patting for awhile . . "without any consideration for the defandants rights for due process and the right to a fair trial" . . . . . .
27:07 "I don't live in a box".... (IMO kc's eyes fuzz over as she looks down and thinks to herself . . .'well I live in a box').

27:23 . . . "finds that there is a serious and imminent threat to the administration of justice in this case that is the right of kc anthony to receive a fair and impartial jury" . . .

http://www.wftv.com/video/27745104/index.html

Sorry haven't read thru the thread but
Why was Casey crying?
I can guess...May 9th is fast approaching...all but 1 area of evidence is coming into trial...

B&RBM:

:waitasec::waitasec:

I wonder if today was a "dress rehearsal" for ICA to "practice" showing "some emotion" ...

ICA ":tears: on demand" ...
ICA ":tears: for the cameras" ...
ICA ":tears: as CM "consoled" her ...

:boohoo::boohoo::violin::violin::boohoo::boohoo:

Thanks for adding that Tulessa - I hadn't seen that so didn't know about it - and sure that fits. Wonder what kind of drugs you can pop to calm down that would have a fairly instant effect?:waitasec: Hopefully something or she won't make it through this trial. And I want her to hear every word she will be allowed to hear! Caylee deserves this!

Hopefully CA will accidently pop a "truth serum" pill. :floorlaugh:

I am livid...
Casey Anthony,
Go ahead and cry for your selfish self because I will NOT shead one tear for you EVER.
You have no one to blame but yourself first and foremost as I believe with every fiber of my being that you killed Caylee, then your mother and father and lastly your attorney.
Your parents and attorney have flapped their lips for 2+ years in the MEDIA every chance they got, including your mother calling the media to say that she was going to donate a pair of Caylee's shoes to a charity. When your father wrote the "living under a mircoscope". Your attorney just last week on In Sessions. GEEESSSHH. How low can you go? Just ask your parents.

If this case is continued for another 6 months to a year I swear I will have no hair left.

I was absolutely astounded at the level of emotion KC showed today. And yes, it was ALL for herself. To think that she can sit there hearing the most gruesome details about her own child's remains, and be stony-faced--but when the talk turns to how HER rights are being violated, she's finally reduced to tears? It was just such a telling moment and huge insight into her inner workings. Truly amazing to watch.

Oh, and I was thinking about the "was CM's touch meant to be some kind of trigger for her emotions" and I do think this is part of it. I seem to recall back in the AL days, she was quick to physically comfort the defendant when she began to show signs of emotion. AL may be off the team, but she clearly left her playbook in their locker room, IMO.

KC continually cries for her own injustices (as she perceives them). I have only seen her actually cry when someone mentions "she is a daughter" . . . "kc has a right" . . . and when she said "I should have been a better friend". . . .

Maybe that will be it . . . she will stand up and say . . . "maybe I should have been a better Mother" . . . .

Amil.................thank you for that in-depth report from inside the courtroom! I missed this morning's hearing but you've given a very complete picture of the feel inside the courtroom. I'm hoping I can watch today's hearing online somewhere.

I'm concerned about the sequestration. Obviously CA is still reacting to courtroom happenings with facial expressions and mouthing words. This will certainly distract the members of the jury. I wonder if HHMP wants to speak with CA (and her attorneys) privately about her courtroom presence and tell her that he won't allow her to be in the courtroom if she continues to show reaction to testimony or courtroom discussion?

BBM: I don't think he wanted to talk in private. I think he wanted to hear arguments on the sequestration motion but since the attorney for the Anthonys left before the hearing was over, they weren't able to. I think he wanted a hearing in open court and on the record. It's really wrong for any attorney with an open motion to leave before a hearing is over. Not sure about what happens as a result. I guess the judge could deny the motion because the attorney left.:waitasec: Any lawyers reading this? :seeya:

BBM: I don't think he wanted to talk in private. I think he wanted to hear arguments on the sequestration motion but since the attorney for the Anthonys left before the hearing was over, they weren't able to. I think he wanted a hearing in open court and on the record. It's really wrong for any attorney with an open motion to leave before a hearing is over. Not sure about what happens as a result. I guess the judge could deny the motion because the attorney left.:waitasec: Any lawyers reading this? :seeya:
Good question, can you ask it in the Lawyers thread?

the key to watching and identifying what it is that makes someone break down is to see it in "real time" as a response to what is being said (or happening around them) at that exact moment. Again . . . KC has emotions only for herself . . . her emotions are so real when she feels that "someone might get it" in what she might be enduring. . . that is the only time she can show "real" emotions . . .

You can literally see and feel her emotional state when she begins deep breathing (self- soothing) as CM is touching and patting her back . . . (keep in mind she has not had any human touch with the exception of being frisked or handcuffed in nearly 3 years except for Atty hugs) . . . her face begins to turn red . . . her nose turns red . . . she is surpressing intense emotions and purses her lips to again self-soothe . . . she is like a raw nerve ending but HHBP is talking about the "location" and once the conversation turns to "KC Anthony" and the word "Fair" came out of HHBP . . . she is overcome with emotion and quickly covers her face . . .

Just wanted to confirm Amil's observations today that KC actually started to shed tears when HHBP said:

26:40 beings kc's heavy breathing . . . CM has been patting for awhile . . "without any consideration for the defandants rights for due process and the right to a fair trial" . . . . . .
27:07 "I don't live in a box".... (IMO kc's eyes fuzz over as she looks down and thinks to herself . . .'well I live in a box').

27:23 . . . "finds that there is a serious and imminent threat to the administration of justice in this case that is the right of kc anthony to receive a fair and impartial jury" . . .

http://www.wftv.com/video/27745104/index.html

Yup. Just prior to shedding tears, she was clearly pizzed when he mentioned a right of hers being lost (due to over-saturation of media exposure) that is her due process right to a fair trial in the jurisdiction that the crime occurred. It wasn't until he said her name, that the tears came. Wonder if it has occurred to Cindy yet that her penchant to be in front of the camera has largely played a role in this mess. IMO.

I also thought that CA did not look well today . . . she did appear to be shaking (could even be low blood sugar) . . .she was nodding in agreement with HHBP in addition to shaking . . . her earrings were flapping like a flag in the wind (well not quite) and that seemed to accentuate the look of the shaking. At least these were my observations when that was going on. CA did appear to be struggling with something today but we have no idea what that might be . . . physical, emotional, mental, social, environmental, . . .etc. . . who knows. We all noticed her struggling today and I appreciate Tulessa posting what she saw from the April video (great eyes Tul) and providing the video. We will just have to leave things at that and understand that today is not a good day for CA for whatever reason it might be. I am ok with everyone noticing differences but lets not speculate on what might be the cause . . . that is where we get off the train track and get sentenced to the basement and must pay penance with editing tags.

CA may have been shaking out of anger. I don't think CA fears anyone which she proved on the stand many times by changing her testimony. It appears she did not like the comment regarding the family seeking out the media made by the attorney for the media. Maybe someone should replay them all so CA can have a refresher course before trial. Good Lord the woman has attorneys just to keep her from speaking out to the media. When will she get it???? jmo

If the state attorney requested your testimony transcribed -- you better shake!

She looks bad, but IMHO all she has to do is look at the defense table, her own mirror and her wedding photo to see why she is where she is.
ICA cried a few moist tears today - for herself. Not her daughter. Not what she has put her brother or family through. Not for regret of a decision she made. Plain and simple for herself. I would venture to guess she felt affection toward the judge as he said he was going to ensure a fair trial -- in her mind, I think she felt he was 'sticking up for her' but if she only knew, HE WAS STICKING UP FOR JUSTICE and that means for Justice for CAYLEE.

If I could tell ICA and CA, GA and LA anything it would be I don't give a rat's b-hind about any of you, I care about CAYLEE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18