2011.05.04 - Day Eight of the Trial-Jury deliberates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question ... I know that the death penalty has been suspended in the state of IL, but the crimes were committed when the state still had the death penalty on the table... what does that/could that mean for Coleman? Is that still on the table?

They can still sentence him to death, but the governor can commune the sentence to life in prison. Not enough IMHO!

I'm -slowly but surely- figuring things out, Wrinkles.

Trying to find the video of the Coleman bro's interview done with KMOV, I know it just aired live not long ago, possibly not on their website yet? Looking...

There was one on KMOV? I haven't watched that recording yet... saw the chase interview on Fox2, not sure if it's up on the website yet.

Hiya Blu,

You might eyeball the home page of Fox2, look at some of the links for that video of the brothers. Of course you will recognize them, but you see the brothers B and K very little.

Since you are aware of their typical demeanor, perhaps you will have some insight for us.

YnotDiveIn, reporting our observations based on our experience with people is "not" sleuthing a family member is it? We are trying to get some insight into the family and how they, as well as Sheri's family are reacting at the moment. We did see irreverent laughter in the days before...bad deal. I think understanding a person's environment (familial) can help us understand the people. BUT "ynot" will you clear our thinking?

Ailina, are you not able to get that livestream? I think many of us would like a verdict (guilty) tonight and are feeling impatient. I'm certainly going to sit her until I know they are not working the jury any longer. I think there are some others that feel like a guilty verdict and justice for Sheri and the children on the 5th, the 2 year anniversary, would be even more poignant.

Frankly one day later than May 6th, 2009 was too long for me!

There was one on KMOV? I haven't watched that recording yet... saw the chase interview on Fox2, not sure if it's up on the website yet.

Well, I thought Ch.4 (KMOV) had the video...maybe it's only on Fox2 and that's why I can't find it!

Part of me wants to go do a courthouse drive-by, but the other part of me doesn't want to leave my computer :confused:

Part of me wants to go do a courthouse drive-by, but the other part of me doesn't want to leave my computer :confused:

I've been thinking the exact same thing since 3 p.m. :)

Wonder what they are deliberating? Life or death would be the only two options I would hope would be on the table right now.

Ailina, are you not able to get that livestream? I think many of us would like a verdict (guilty) tonight and are feeling impatient. I'm certainly going to sit her until I know they are not working the jury any longer. I think there are some others that feel like a guilty verdict and justice for Sheri and the children on the 5th, the 2 year anniversary, would be even more poignant.

I'm reading the messages on my iPhone, and it's not configured for streaming. :(

I plan to hang around until 7-ish, unless I fall asleep. (Fighting off a bug.)

The brother K responds to, "What do you think of the defense naming you as a possible suspect." The brother K responds, "Uh, huh, I think I got uh clear of that .. so." (brother K is walking rapidly, is personable, not offensive, sounds a bit out of breath)

Hayes says, "Tell me about this deer strangling video you allegedly sent Sheri."

Note to Chris Hayes, I and a number of people in here saw that video or "began" to see it. Sheri did not make and send that video to herself.

Hayes, "And what about these text messages that you allegedly sent Tara Lintz."

Last response, "Seems to be a lot of allegeds"

Yup...and sad for your entire family and Sheri's family, you can thank Chris for all hell breaking loose in your lives. Two years of misery and a lifetime to follow -- can the family say, "Thank you Chris, how thoughtful of you to consider ANYONE but yourself!"

Response, "I'm just actually looking for my phone right now..." (he approaches a vehicle and opens its door, obviously looking for his phone.)

Hiya Blu,

You might eyeball the home page of Fox2, look at some of the links for that video of the brothers. Of course you will recognize them, but you see the brothers B and K very little.

Since you are aware of their typical demeanor, perhaps you will have some insight for us.

YnotDiveIn, reporting our observations based on our experience with people is "not" sleuthing a family member is it? We are trying to get some insight into the family and how they, as well as Sheri's family are reacting at the moment. We did see irreverent laughter in the days before...bad deal. I think understanding a person's environment (familial) can help us understand the people. BUT "ynot" will you clear our thinking?

Insights based on observations are fine--copying/pasting directly from FB was the concern. At this point we don't need to put BLU through a formal verification process. Onward!

Hang in there Ailina... and get well.

I was ready to hit the hay last night about 11PM when my husband sent me an important spreadsheet, "I'll be talking to my boss tomorrow, look it over." Wouldn't you know it was a disaster, I have been awake since then working on it. Mind you, my work has been very spotty, certainly not shoulder to the grindstone. Having this trial come to a successful end, "guilty" will give me some time back, to be sure.

Edited: it was "I was ready..." nearly 36 hours with only 1 or 2 hours sleep now... I'll get these spreadsheets done yet!

@nickpistor
Nicholas J.C. Pistor
Jurors just got dinner from subliminal in waterloo

I'm thinking they may be close and not calling it off at 7 if they're going to feed them now.

hahahaha Stella! You and I keep catching some of the same things, let's take turns :) so I can get some work done here :)

So if they are delivering them dinner right now--they might be close enough that they think they can make the decision tonight?

Yes Wrinkles, I have been watching that site as well as here all day long.

anyone watching this site?

http://www.chathousenews.com/2011/04/live-coleman-trial-updates.html

Guess it was "sub sandwich" night. Dang, and I'm hungry. Feed those jurors and offer them all of the coffee, tea and "sodie pop" they want :)

I kind of feel sorry for them, seems Subs are the only thing they've eaten in two weeks. I'd be willing to Spring for some Mexican in honor of Cinco de Mayo... Heck I'd be willing to send them my Adderall to get this done right :)

I thought the jury would have a verdict in a couple of hours. I hope they are just waiting until after dinner so no one will accuse them of not deliberating. I hope no one is a holdout for innocent. As for dp vs life - can't really see why that should hold anyone up. I imagine all the jurors know the gov will not allow the dp to stand anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx