2011.05.04 - Day Eight of the Trial-Jury deliberates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhhh--increased crowds/media outside courthouse...

Grrrr. I was following along all day at work and was hoping for a verdict by the time I got home!

I can understand the jury wanting to be absolutely sure, but don't they realize we're waiting for justice - and not just today!

I think I have refreshed this page 4,000 times in the last hour.

Looks like Ccup might have given in to temptation and gone to the courthouse...

Well, now that explains why the pages are so slow to load!! :D

(Just trying to add a little humor while we wait.....)

ChrisHayesTV Chris Hayes
#colemantrial Sheriff brought Coleman back to court & juror buses arrived-We're either about to hear verdict or end of today's deliberations
54 seconds ago

#colemantrial Sheriff brought Coleman back to court & juror buses arrived-We're either about to hear verdict or end of today's deliberations

@ChrisHayesTV
Chris Hayes

Would they bring him back if it was just the end of deliberations for the day????? My stomach is in knots!

Doesn't the jury decide that after the penalty phase? Right now I thought they were deliberating guilty vs. not guilty. :)

Not in Illinois... it begins immediately after the guilty verdict is read & the defendant can choose to have the same jury sentence him or just the judge... it's weird. That is, if I'm understanding it right. I know they won't say guilty, then see you in two weeks for sentencing.

One down one more to go. I pray for justice for Sherry and those precious boys.

As much as this is agony for me waiting....I cannot help but this how hard it is to wait for Sheri's family. I hope this means the verdict is ready for them and justice is served!!!

You know it is so sad 2 years ago right now Sheri, Gavin, and Garrett were taking their baths and saying their prayers getting ready for bed and did not even know they would not wake in the morning. It is 7:42pm which is about bathtime I would assume. When I go to sleep tonight I will say a extra special prayer for them.

I hope the verdict comes tomorrow early.

So, if the jury is just adjourned for the day, must the accused be there when they are adjourned?

Can anyone find that answer? IF it is not necessary for him to be there when the jury adjourns, and somehow I don't think he must, then there is a verdict.

Would they bring him back if it was just the end of deliberations for the day????? My stomach is in knots!

I wouldn't think so!!! Praying for Sheri, Garett & Gavin...

TV is still on IDOL, so nothing yet... I'm feeling queasy! Please, please, please, please, please, please let this be the right & just verdict!

So, if the jury is just adjourned for the day, must the accused be there when they are adjourned?

Can anyone find that answer? IF it is not necessary for him to be there when the jury adjourns, and somehow I don't think he must, then there is a verdict.

No way. They aren't doing it with Brad Cooper's jury. This is it.

Not in Illinois... it begins immediately after the guilty verdict is read & the defendant can choose to have the same jury sentence him or just the judge... it's weird. That is, if I'm understanding it right. I know they won't say guilty, then see you in two weeks for sentencing.

Thanks. I understood the penalty phase would probably begin immediately, however, I was addressing the jury contemplating now (tonight) whether to give him a life sentence or the DP. :) If they do publish the verdict tonight, I would assume the penalty phase would begin tomorrow morning and not tonight.

I feel like yelling or something. The tension! :gasp:

As difficult as it is to wait, I'm pleased to be waiting with such wonderful people that you all are.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member