2011.05.04 Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wral #CooperTrial jury also wants 4 phone records (3 for Brad's cell, one specifically for Aug. 8 outgoing calls, and 1 for Nancy's cellphone)

Dear WRAL, plz learn to tweet info better to not cause confusion during verdict watch. :slap:

The phone record, states #321, was faxed from AT&T on Aug 8, 2008, not the defendants Aug. 8 outgoing calls.

#321 mobile subscriber records for 919 5*3 1196 released by at&t aug 8 2008
#304 mobile subscriber records for 919 5*3 1196 released by at&t july 22 2008
# 32 mobile subscriber records for 919 5*3 1196 released by at&t feb 24 2011

Documents are different in their content, requested at 3 different intervals.

Keith Patterson, lead analyst asset protection (custodian of records) for AT&T, day 12 part 1

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/nancycooper/video/9332243/#/vid9332243

I predict tomorrow by lunch. Then they can be done by the end of the day (assume there's housekeeping stuff that has to be done with paperwork, etc.) and then have a long weekend.

I am glad they are looking at evidence and obviously discussing it. I can see any verdict (or mistrial) at this point.

Hi BrownRice

OK - I'll raise you on that prediction ... I'll go for 11:00 am Friday morning ... get done by lunch, beat the traffic and ... relaxxxxxx for the weekend :)

At risk of deletion, timeout, or banned, I wanted to mention the following. When websleuths was first mentioned in the trial and several posters suggested that we go back and read the old posts from July 2008, I did just that. In the early days, one of the most notable posters that predicted most of the early events before the scenario ultimately played out was...Just the Fax.
And he would be the best at guiding us thru the JY trial he has been so involved with. I have no idea what occured, but admit I hate it for not having his insight.

Oh yea, my youngest is about to have a shock when this trial is over. He went from 1 hr a day of tv (2 half hour shows) to basically a free for all. Sometimes when I really need him to be quiet to listen to testimony, I'll throw in Wii. I feel horrible. But, I figure it's only a couple of months of his life. He'll survive. Next week (I assume) life will go back to normal. Plus, one day we are supposed to have Spring up here, so maybe it will be warm and we'll be outside too!

My older child is homeschooled and we've done lots of worksheets throughout this trial, and online history videos and free reading. I need to get back to one-on-one instruction for some things, although "school" will be finished in just a few weeks when my younger one graduates from kindergarten.

I normally take them places (library, parks, etc.) much more often and I feel guilty about that.

That may be. I was just pointing out that NC paid the divorce attorney thinking she would be taking the girls back to Canada. Once Brad took the passport and made it clear that wasn't going to happen, NC needed to get a green card. Continuing with the divorce at that point would have been counteractive to getting a green card which why she did not go back to her divorce attorney.

AS told NC to stay in the house until separation agreement and then NC would need to wait one year before filing for divorce in NC. If she had moved to Canada, she would no longer have nexus to file for divorce in NC. A lot of stuff going on.

At risk of deletion, timeout, or banned, I wanted to mention the following. When websleuths was first mentioned in the trial and several posters suggested that we go back and read the old posts from July 2008, I did just that. In the early days, one of the most notable posters that predicted most of the early events before the scenario ultimately played out was...Just the Fax.

I don't see how you are risking being banned for saying that?

my jaw dropped when he said he had 77k in equity line of credit taken out. Ouchieeeeeeeeees

So there was a financial motive, but it had nothing to do with child support. They were in over their head with the house, the cars, the toys, the travels, and keeping up with the Jones. Add 77,000 in additional debt and a situation where any attempt at financial planning was deemed "controlling behavior". I've certainly seen enough cases of spousal homicide where over spending, and overwhelming debt led a man to murder. Neil Entwhistle comes to mind ... and a few others.

They're live again

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/livenow?id=8020507

The chat log evidence was that he took the router and he would swap it out with the one he had on order. I understand why people think it was never returned. But my bigger question (not related to the trial) to that is why they ordered equipment that they never used? They ordered an $11k piece of equipment....BC took it as soon as it came in...but it was never missed. Seems like a waste of money to me.

My bolding, the equipment manager on Monday said it was never returned. The replacement router was not due to arrive until the fall of 2008 according to the document placed in evidence. By this time Brad was on leave and he never picked up the replacement router. The router that Brad took never again showed up at Cisco.

Waste of money? Sure, but they only had 2 in stock ever, probably "just in case" an important customer needed one quickly, but as you said, that's not related to the trial.

jury going home for the night...did they reach a verdict...tune in tomorrow

Just stating they want to go home and will be back at 930 tomorrow.

Stuff like that is why "Keeping up with the Joneses" is now "Keeping up with the Coopers". He made way too much money for them to be that broke.

This has always bothered me a bit, I've not seen Nancy dressed up in any fancy outfits. Perhaps there are photos of her somewhere, but the ones I've seen, she has always been casually dressed. So I don't buy the idea that she blew all the money on clothes for herself. She also did not look like she spent a lot of time/money at the beauty salons, nor on a lot of make-up. She seems far more the out-doorsy, athletic type. Home furnishings were mentioned also, but from what we saw of the inside of the house, I didn't really see anything that looked like 'Man, did you see that!' Other than the few pieces of art work, I mean. Nancy was willing to live in her sister's basement with the children. So I'm wondering just how much of this extravigance can totally be blamed on her? Brad's ironman, 15 in a two year period, don't come cheap IMO. Compared to the turkey trot, I mean. Perhaps she lavished some money on their children, who doesn't? I didn't see any fancy yard equipment in their back 'dump'. And where is all the criticism of brad for his 'upkeep' of the yard anyway. Yes, the house was a mess, but so was the yard. MOO MOO MOO

Hi nctekguy - OK showing my ignorance here; you got me...

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member