2011.05.05 Verdict Watch (day 2)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RZ did not seem at all credible on the stand...think of someone running past you...RZ would have seen her face (likely the side of it) just for an instant and then she would have seen the back of her head. Nancy wasn't walking she was running.

Not true. I run frequently and while I don't usually pay much attention to most of the people I pass, sometimes someone will catch my eye. Even with me running in one direction and the other person running in the other direction, there is still plenty of time to get a very good look at the other person's face.

With RZ standing there and Nancy running past, there was more than enough time for RZ to see her face.

Asking same Q. Even went to abbreviations to see if I could find Guilty Of Lesser Offense or something .... a few weeks back.

Lost ... :maddening:

sorry for the lack of context...GOLO is the message board on WRAL's website. WRAL is the local news outlet that is broadcasting the BC trial live and it has a very active message board. The acronym GOLO stands for "Go Local".

IMO when someone from an FBI computer forensic team tells me that there was a google search and that there was no tampering with the files I believe him over the other guy who couldn't get hired by the FBI.

They seem to ask for evidence to back up timeline of stories one way or another. If the timeline doesn't match BC's story it could be over for him...
That guy is not really FBI and I don't understand why some think the FBI is impeachable. They have had their share of controversies. Also whoever said JW wanted to be in the FBI? That so called FBI guy didn't have much experience examining computers anyway and had poor explanations for the descrepencies. It was shown by JW how easy it is to boot a computer using any of a number of Linux Live CD's to manipulate files on the computer's disk without there being any evidence in the Windows event log. Files were obviously shown to have been tampered with or planted by someone. In fact it only takes minutes to do this. It would seem to me that this is what happenned especially given the fact that all of the files in question had identical time stamps down to the millasecond. This doesn't happen during a real search, zoom, etc. Here is how easy it is to do this:

1.) Clear cache and use a Windows PC and MSIE to do google maps search for Fielding Dr. or whatever that zip code was.

2.) Copy the cache files that were generated to the USB drive.

3.) Boot the PC Using Operator Live Linux CD (Runs entirely in RAM)

4.) mkdir /mnt/usb (create mount point for USB drive)

5.) mkdir /mnt/c (create mount point for PC's C: drive)

6.) mount /dev/sdd1 /mnt/usd (mount USB drive)

7.) mount -t ntfs /dev/sda1 /mnt/c (mount PC's C: Drive)

8.) cp /mnt/usb/* "/mnt/c/Documents and Settings/username/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files" (copy cache files from USB drive to the browser cache directory)

10.) touch -t 200807110115.15 (for each of the copied cache file names) I don't rem the exact time stamp of the files for the alleged search so the time string might be different from this)

One could create a tmp dir and copy the files there and then do a touch 200807110115.15 * and then move them to the Temporary Internet Files directory and then delete the tmp directory. However there are tools that could see the deleted temp directory if the defense desired to use them. An ever better way would have been to use a loop construct to increment a counter to add to the seconds so all of the files wouldn't have an identical time stamp. Even this would look fishy upon close analysis and the time difference between all of the files would be the same. However it would look better than all files having the exact same time stamp.

The above process is so easy even a cave man can do it. You can pretty much follow the above steps verbatim.

Asking same Q. Even went to abbreviations to see if I could find Guilty Of Lesser Offense or something .... a few weeks back.

Lost ... :maddening:

Hi Annie and Amster

Golo is tweets and comments found on WRAL.
Go to WRAL click on the cooper case and you will see the comments on the right side of the screen.

Warning NC is horribly victimized...:banghead:

jmo

I don't like dairy in my smoothies. I make a fruit/veggie smoothie and eat my greek yogurt on the side.

1/2 banana, 1 c. frozen blueberries, 1 c. spinach, 1/2 c. fruit juice, 1/2-3/4 c. water, 1-2 T Ground Flaxseed

Plenty of energy to keep up with stressful trial days :great:

I would like that. Maybe throw in some powdered wheat grass too.

My older son is allergic to casein and my younger one hates milk so we don't even buy much of it. Maybe I should see if they would drink the dairy-free smoothies. I'm going to have to experiment. Or I could always buy them green juice, right? Just as long as I save all my receipts....just in case.

I was thinking the same thing. I saw Boz & Cummings for sure; NC's family, lots of ppl. Not sure about the defense side. Seems odd that the'd all be there unless somethings up.

this isn't their only case so they are near the courtroom but usually doing other cases waiting for verdict

Great reading, CyberPro. Tku ... "the odds against all this stuff happening to one guy" = a string of logical circumstantial evidential dots that all join up (in my tech-less brain). You simplified it for me :)

I think I read this on here...and loved the saying.

You have to find all the dots before you can line them up!! Hope the state found them!!

The question is where do you draw the line? Do you bring up her affair with JP for example? Do you bring up spending habits?

It's an honest question and I don't know if I've ever heard the answer to it (if there is one).

You bring it ALL up - but in context.

For example - preschool - yes, it goes to money being spent - but what does it explain in regard to this case? Messy house - ok - what does it mean in regard to this case?

If you follow up a discussion about Nancy spending $300 for 2 pairs of jeans (think that was the testimony) then it's fair to offer that as a rationale for Brad limiting her to a cash allowance if they had been trying to control spending and reduce debt.

But so many just seem to discuss the spending as standalone issues of Nancy's, and don't tie it back to the case - I find that demeaning to the victim and judgmental and not related to caring about finding the truth - just trashing the victim.

I don't get the feed either. This is channel 11 website.

It wasn't up very long. There was a gentleman sitting behind the Cooper's using his IPad - Mrs. Cooper was going over notes. Another woman behind the Rentz family on her laptop - KL was using her IPad - Mr. Rentz was reading N&O - Boz was busy showing HC something on his phone.

Not sure if the jury is back from lunch yet.

Jurors were late this morning and then requested a 15min. break and had a long lunch.

Not sure what's going on...

That guy is not really FBI and I don't understand why some think the FBI is impeachable. They have had their share of controversies. Also whoever said JW wanted to be in the FBI? That so called FBI guy didn't have much experience examining computers anyway and had poor explanations for the descrepencies. It was shown by JW how easy it is to boot a computer using any of a number of Linux Live CD's to manipulate files on the computer's disk without there being any evidence in the Windows event log. Files were obviously shown to have been tampered with or planted by someone. In fact it only takes minutes to do this. It would seem to me that this is what happenned especially given the fact that all of the files in question had identical time stamps down to the millasecond. This doesn't happen during a real search, zoom, etc. Here is how easy it is to do this:

1.) Clear cache and use a Windows PC and MSIE to do google maps search for Fielding Dr. or whatever that zip code was.

2.) Copy the cache files that were generated to the USB drive.

3.) Boot the PC Using Operator Live Linux CD (Runs entirely in RAM)

4.) mkdir /mnt/usb (create mount point for USB drive)

5.) mkdir /mnt/c (create mount point for PC's C: drive)

6.) mnt /dev/sdd1 /mnt/usd (mount USB drive)

7.) mount -t ntfs /dev/sda1 /mnt/c

8.) cp /mnt/c/* "/mnt/c/Documents and Settings/username/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files" (copy cache files to the browser cache directory)

10.) touch -t 200807110115.15 (for each of the copied cache file names) I don't rem the exact time stamp of the files for the alleged search so the time string might be different from this)

One could create a tmp dir and copy the files there and then do a touch 200807110115.15 * and then move them to the Temporary Internet Files directory and then delete the tmp directory. However there are tools that could see the deleted temp directory if the defense desired to use them. An ever better way would have been to use a loop construct to increment a counter to add to the seconds so all of the files wouldn't have an identical time stamp. Even this would look fishy upon close analysis and the time difference between all of the files would be the same. However it would look better than all files having the exact same time stamp.

The above process is so easy even a cave man can do it. You can pretty much follow the above steps verbatim.

But really who would want to do all that just to frame somebody???

so what does the jury want now i wonder

could they just be getting back from lunch

It is good the jury is asking questions. Do you think we are getting close to a decision?

Salem

The biggest problem I have with the Food Lion guy is he actually said it was about 5 minutes to 7 and he was 90% sure he saw Nancy. Upon a little proding from Mr. Kurtz who expanded that time to up to 10 minutes after 7, he himself began repeating it. This expansion of the time period and the willingness of the witness, who gave a differing time, leaves me thinking the 90% sure thing is a much lower probability than 90%.

What I am disppointed with is that the DA's office did not obtain his time card just to see what time he actually clocked in. But the defense didn't seem to be interested in it either and you can bet if it worked for them they would have produced it. The second thing is, no one even made an effort to determine if it was even possible Nancy could have been that far along on her jog had she even taken the most direct route to the location of the 90% sure sighting or even to Ms. Zednick's location. Seems to me since Carrie Clark was the current running partner, a reasonable estimate could have been made.

I thought Food Lion guy clocked in at 7:24. That would make 7:15 at Lochmere & Kildaire much more likely.

Where is Brad during all of this?? In a holding room??

I'm going to be fired if I don't stop watching both of these cases.

and nothing's even happening yet today! ARGH I can't concentrate.... lol

And my DH is gonna fire me cuz the laundry isn't done, and I haven't a clue for dinner. Hey, it's CDM = let's go eat some tacos :)

MOO

Mel

sorry for the lack of context...GOLO is the message board on WRAL's website. WRAL is the local news outlet that is broadcasting the BC trial live and it has a very active message board. The acronym GOLO stands for "Go Local".

Thanks! Makes sense. The defense would use that message board to fire up the troops!

It is good the jury is asking questions. Do you think we are getting close to a decision?

Salem

What types of questions were asked? I am afraid to go to the live feed, my boss will probably think its not a good idea..

Kelly

I can not even imagine how stressful this must be for the families, friends, and attorneys at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay