2011.05.05 Verdict Watch (day 2)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
feed is up. showing the courtroom, the coopers, etc

On tv shows, the attorneys are always back at their offices and then rush to the court house when the verdict is ready. Wonder why these attys are just sitting there. I'd think they should have a lot of work to do in their offices.

Where are you in the courtroom? How close are you able to get to the Coopers? To Bradley?

I'm a couple of rows behind the families. BC not here. JG gone for now.

BZ near me just joked about going to search a pond for the router using sonar and made a "ping. Ping." sound.

On tv shows, the attorneys are always back at their offices and then rush to the court house when the verdict is ready. Wonder why these attys are just sitting there. I'd think they should have a lot of work to do in their offices.

They are generally required to stay and wait. Judge would not want to hold everyone up because someone is across the street. The attorneys have to be there every time a decision is made, even if it's just "we need a pen."

There is a big column that precludes about half the jury from seeing the Rentzes at all times (and vice versa) BC's parents have full access

I would like that. Maybe throw in some powdered wheat grass too.

My older son is allergic to casein and my younger one hates milk so we don't even buy much of it. Maybe I should see if they would drink the dairy-free smoothies. I'm going to have to experiment. Or I could always buy them green juice, right? Just as long as I save all my receipts....just in case.

Okay, you guys lost me at spinach and wheat grass

I thought that this post was really interesting from that link. I hope it is ok to post.

Wolfpack Fan
Registered User Join Date: Sep 2003

The body hasn't been identified yet. They're hoping that will be done sometime this morning. They showed her husband thanking the volunteers yesterday. The best friend's name is Clea Morwick. She said that Nancy jogged with a partner a lot but that it wasn't unusual for her to go alone. She said that she knew Carrie, the friend Brad said that she was supposed to be jogging with. Carrie said that they hadn't planned to jog together that day. Megan Kelly asked about marital problems. Clea said that Nancy wouldn't run off on her own--that she would never leave for any reason. She said there was no reason to believe Brad would do anything and that he had been out there as much as anyone else. Nancy wouldn't have taken off for some down time. She always showed up when she said she would. There was no way that she would have gone off to meet someone. The night before she went missing. she mentioned that she was going jogging the next morning. Clea said that she has to be strong for Nancy's family. She's hoping that the body they found isn't Nancy.

For the experienced trial viewers....does a lengthy jury deliberation generally favor the Prosecution, Defense, or is it difficult to say?

I am aware this COULD be done, a further questions is why and who did it? A cave man could do it if someone laid a road map of how to do it but why would the FBI? IMO that's like saying, hey here's the blood on brad's clothing but obviously the CPD and FBI colaborated and planted it. It COULD have happened but really?
If memory serves JW said he applied for FBI. FBI are not 100%, I agree, are they more believable to a jury than some self taught guy who isn't as qualified as the defendant...I think so. mo.
I don't agree with the "obviously Planted" statement. Neither did the expert.

That's a lot of work. Wouldn't it just be easier and simpler to plant some physical evidence to tie the victim, the dump site to BC or BC's car or to their house? People want to see physical evidence! They don't think there's evidence without it. Why do the most convoluted, esoteric thing you can possibly do and hope someone finds it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay