2011.05.09 - Jury Selection Day One

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is surprising - and very disturbing - that so few companies are willing to compensate employees while they serve on jury duty. So much for good corporate citizenship! They could at least make up the difference I'd hope.

BBM..I am Not at all surprised.."Corporate Companies" look at the bottom line..certainly not at "Civic Duties".....Times have really changed havent they:waitasec:

I would love to see a jury of ICA's peers...mostly young adults 21-30, some single, some students, others married hard working and with young children...I'd also like to see a couple of middle agers 40-55 ish, either grandparents or soon to be grandparents. Also I think an elder male or female would be good...I'm talking retired 70's...great-grandparent juror.
I want to see people on that jury who have children in their lives that they dearly love, either their own kids, their grandchildren, or their nieces or nephews.

I don't post on any of those sites other than WS where I am anonymous, other than my screen name.
I would not serve on this Jury. I believe she is guilty of Murder.

The witnesses in the Cooper trial thought they were anonymous too but had to testify what their screen name was and what they posted.

1403: hardship? (isn't jose reminding the judge to tell everyone they are not on camera anymore? )

my husband does unemployed. I am the care giver.

HHJP: not be able to eat and not having a place to stay.

yes.

excused.

I would like to may a little comment especially for those who post here and are local yokels......IF by chance you got by the financial burden, and IF you passed the questionaire, and questioning..Would any of you really want your history of postings aired on cross exam??..The reason I ask is after the Nancy Cooper trial, you have to know whatever you have posted in the past on Facebook or twitter, or Websleuth..or Insession or any blog for that matter will get exposed....Rather embarrassing to say the least in showing biases one way or the other....

I cant recall how many times Websleuth got a "Shout Out" in that trial :couch::eek:nline::whistle::floorlaugh:

Not exactly answering your question, but I absolutely would not serve on this jury. I believe I could be unbiased, but after 2 months I also believe I would have a hard time keeping straight what I learned in the trial vs. all I have learned leading up to the trial. I think that would negate the 'fair trial' concept, and I wouldn't be willing to do that.

#55 1331 male

hardship - started new job filling in as needed and has child support for 18 mo and 7 yo

excused for cause

#1403 - M'am - Hardship - yes, it would. Husband unemployed - working supporting family - would not be able to provide for kids or have a place to live - excused.

I bet Casey is sooooo mad that none of these people will put their lives on hold for HER.

Are they going to keep going until they get to ALL of them today? If so, any idea how many are left? TIA!

What do you do- I am a mother, teacher, student, businessman, nurse, care taker, etc... Miss ICA what do you do- I am a shot girl

I was hoping they would show her face when the young man got excused because he cares for his sick grandmother all day... ( and doesn't steal from her )but they didn't. :banghead:

I am really pleased at the fast clip HHJP is getting this done. I hope all those media guru's who were nay sayers are eating crow. I have no doubt a jury will be seated this week.

Hmm...I heard 110 were called for today (more every day this week) and 105 showed up. Wonder which is accurate. 300 people bailing seems like a high percentage.

Initially they said 400 (around 8-9am), then every other time they mentioned it, it was 110 or 105. So I'm not totally sure, but wouldn't be surprised if it really were 400.

I can't see 105 out of 110 actually showing up for court today.

#56 1403 woman

hardship - primary caregiver, financial issue

excused for cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics