2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was raised Catholic. The things she's talking about are personal preferences, not obligations of the Catholic religion. I can't see jury duty as anything other than an inconvenience for her.

I'm a devout Christian and I would have no problem whatsoever sentencing Casey to Death Row.

IMO, she killed Caylee so her life should be taken from her as well.

But are you Catholic? That's a whole level up on the "life" debate regarding the death penalty. Not ALL Catholics are this strictly pro-life, but I am going to assume someone devout enough to receive daily sacrament buys into the whole package.

Devout Catholic - no doubt against the death penalty. I don't think she'll make it.

That's why I'm guessing the defense is objecting to her being excused. They obviously want her on the jury for that reason.

IMO she's wacky that's why Mason's interested...lol

I think the Catholic woman is incredibly selfish to avoid civic duty especially when she believes her faith is so dependent on a physical act. Faith not acts and all that, you know.

I'm not Catholic, but I do know that it is a requirement to attend mass. I can respect her religious convictions. :)

true, but you don't have to take daily sacrament, just the weekend mass. This is a whole other level of devout/faith.

3385: Hardship? I believe it would. I am a two time cancer survivor. I thank the Lord for his mercy for me. I am a Catholic and attend daily mass as a way to thank the Lord for his many blessings. I do not think there would be an opportunity to do that if I were to serve on this jury and that would be a hardship.

HHJP: Two blocks away is St. James Cathedral. If during lunch you wanted to pray you could. On Sunday there are services. If you wanted to arrange to have a priest from St. John's come see you. If you want a private place to pray we can do that to, does that satisfy your concern? I am not Catholic...

To me it would not be the same as attending daily mass. The requirement is to attend on Sunday or Saturday evening.

HHJP: What we had arranged is a service at the hotel for anyone wishing...

I got up at four thirty and was at chruch to preform service, I do that three days a week for her. I assist at the church three days a week. I prepare services when it is her day off. To me that is a hardship.

Mr. George: mic is not turned on.

yes. if I am asked to take care of both services I would get there at six and leave at ten. I pray through out the day.

CM: object at this time. St. James, she can attend mass.

HHJP: I know it is at St. James they have a chapel open for prayer and people go in and out. We have arranged for those that want services on Sunday. We can provide what ever religious services they need...I do not know if we have the where with all for her to attend a full religious service and take the sacrament. You realize this trial is schedualed to take eight weeks. We can't adjust to varying and different scheduals. Noting your objections and noting her requirements I will excuse her. She is excused.

3385 woman

hardship - 2 time cancer survivor, catholic attends daily mass (says it is not the same), she got up at 4:30 to prepare the church this morning

HHJP says there is a cathedral that there is a church that she could go to at lunch and she could have Father John come from the cathedral

excused for cause (defense objects)

His Honor excused the church lady, not sure he can meet her requirements...

JP excused church lady. Too much of a PITA

I'm not Catholic, but I do know that it is a requirement to attend mass. I can respect her religious convictions. :)

The woman is talking about attending Mass daily. Not a requirement to do so. Catholics are expected to attend Mass on Sundays (Saturday or Monday in many parishes) and on Holy Days of Obligation.

2m66ano.jpg

But are you Catholic? That's a whole level up on the "life" debate regarding the death penalty. Not ALL Catholics are this strictly pro-life, but I am going to assume someone devout enough to receive daily sacrament buys into the whole package.

Not to get on a religous rant or in a debate, the bible does say an eye for an eye.

Right. My husband will fall asleep anywhere and everywhere, but you can wake him. What this man is describing isn't probably narcolepsy. That's why I wondered if he's DRIVING his family to NC. Did he DRIVE to report to duty this morning? If so, he doesn't have narcolepsy.

I know a 3rd grade school teacher with narcolepsy. She doesn't go to sleep during class and she drives. But let her get still in a meeting and she starts snoring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand