2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juror 3012: Hardship because was diagnosed with cancer 6 weeks ago.

Excused for cause being medical reasons.

A lil OT, but can I ask a favor??

Please be very careful when referring to scripture. Any words taken out of context can mean whatever you want them to. I don't think her faith should be trivialized at all in any way.

But Jesus did tell the man who was asking if he should pay taxes, to "render unto Ceasar what is due Ceasar". IOW we are supposed to obey the laws of the land..

Food for thought.

I don't understand why these jurors with serious medical illness don't check off 'medical excuse' & include a dr. letter at the time the jury summons is received in the mail..That prevents going to the courthouse & going thru all this.

That's how it works here.

eta..also includes being the 'primary care taker' for a family member with severe illness or a disability..Again, just needed is a dr's letter sent in advance of the court date.

Did that last poss. juror just say he was dying of cancer and receiving treatments???

I wonder why a Paralegal properly trained , or a Jr Attorney could not do all this hardship screening. It seems like an awful lot of work and repetition for HHJP to do this alone. Is it a legal requirement or just custom?

3015 woman

no hardship, has to get lab work done once

CM: wants to know specific lab work(kidney transplant), nothing else on calendar, paid by employer, 23 yo son lives w her

asked back

This lady will be having, or had a kidney transplant, and needs to have labs done. They can be done anywhere.

She will be recalled.

From Twitter:

JimLichtenstein Jim Lichtenstein
Juror on his baseball tickets; "these are behind home plate. Not outfield!" #caseyanthony #caseyanthonytrial

3015: Hardship? Labwork.

HHJP: That's all.

yes. kidney transplant. all they have to do is send it back to life link.

CM: any other concerns to think about on your calendar?

nope. no.

CM: will you be paid by employer for two months?

yes.

CM: any family issues?

23 year old son. he can pick up where I couldn't be.

HHJP: will bring you back, instruction sheet. we will get contact info from you.

Wow - Love her - dialysis no big deal Mr. Mason....send send samples to LifeLink..Not excused. Feisty Lady!

Juror 3015: White woman in her 50's. No hardship. Possibly medical..would have to have labs done once. Lab work needs to be done at another lab. Lab work is for kidney transplant. Nothing other than that. Nothing else on her calender for the next 2 months. Work will pay her. Has a 23 year old son that lives with her..he could pick up where she couldn't.

Called back for round 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members