2011.05.11 Jury Selection Day Three

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The judge was going to give one potential jurior home plate tickets for a ball game?
Sign me up for a jury.

Yuppers (because said potential juror already purchased the tickets to take grandma). I believe he's going to be questioned after lunch (if I'm not too confused). If he's declined then Your Honour won't have to work that. But I can imagine Your Honour has a lot of favors he can pull in :)

MOO

Mel

JBP-"We'll be finished in July!!!"
Gawd-I wish I could have seen ICA's face!!:fence:

3194: Hardship? Yeah, two things. Only one who builds, works at work. His knees, he has shots in July.

HHJP: we will be finished in July. What about the business permits?

My son is in Miami.

HHJP: If you can't pull permits...your son owns this?

I am qualified to pull permits while he is out of town.

HHJP: what happens if permits are not pulled?

No work goes on.

HHJP: Being out of business means no income for your work or son.

five people would not get paid.

HHJP: Excused.

3194 male

hardship, shots in July for knees (VA), no-one else in business to pull permits (him and son - son out of town)

excused for cause

Would the court allow a juror to bring a pet or two with them if that was the only reason they could not serve? Seems like a easy fix. Most hotels will allow pets for a fee. Seems like the $30 per day would cover that.

By my count....HHJP has told no less than 4 people that they'll be done before July...and to one said by June 22nd.

#3283. Male. Hardship - financial. Employer pays but not for very long, doesn't know for sure how long. Has to verify at lunch hour regarding compensation and advise the Court.

I'm judy now able to check in...about what time was the hissy fit?? Love to read about it!

I think about 9:30 your time - after opening statements by the Judge - wasn't it fellow posters? She wanted to talk to Baez but he was having none of it.

Juror 3194: White male in 60's. Would impose a hardship for work (only one who can do his job) and he gets shots in his knee in July. Only him and his son are qualified to approve permits..son works in Miami. Son owns the company. If he doesn't pull the permits, no work goes on.

Excused for cause being business would suffer financially. No objections.

3283: Hardship? No it wouldn't.

HHJP: Any financial, family hardship?

financial.

HHJP: who are you employed by sir.

day care, health system.

HHJP: if they would not compensate you for weeks, it would be a financial hardship.

yes sir.

HHJP: during the lunch hour find out if they will compensate up to eight weeks. let the court deputies know. we won't put you back in the pack. any other reasons other than financial.

no sir.

HHJP: we will see you after lunch.

TV screen says 40 more people to go through selection....this afternoon

3283 works at Bay Care health - wasn't the ICU nurse yesterday from there - the one with the ambiguous letter from HR?

Would the court allow a juror to bring a pet or two with them if that was the only reason they could not serve? Seems like a easy fix. Most hotels will allow pets for a fee. Seems like the $30 per day would cover that.

Proberly not. Some people might be allergic to animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove