2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ICA has packed on a few pounds, but she needed to...

Juror Recap #1232

Pretrial Publicity: *Has heard general facts about the case (who is being accused, background of what happened, etc). *Predominant source of information has been local news (Bay Area 9 News). *Hasn't heard anything about the case in the past year or so. *Watched news coverage in passing (while getting ready for work, waiting for the weather to come on, etc). *Remembers hearing Baez and Mason's name..never saw them on TV. *Doesn't know any other members of CA's defense team. *Doesn't watch national news programs, doesn't have a blog, doesn't read tabloids. *Only blog he reads regularly is "The Heater" (about baseball). *Remembers when Caylees remains were found and that they were found "in the woods near her home". *Has seen CA's mugshot and "a few casual photos". *Hasn't heard anything in the news about CA's car. *Watches local news (Bay News 9) every day. *No social networking accounts. *Knows nothing about CA's family. *Watches Dr. G Medical Examiner "when nothing else is on". *Does not want to be on TV discussing the trial when it's over. *No concerns being contacted by the media but doesn't want to be.

Death Penalty Stance: For it. *Never really thought about his stance on the DP until now. *Would have voted for the DP if he was on the jury for bin Laden. *Thinks DP "depends on the circumstances". *Never had a conversation with anyone else about his views on the DP. *No problems recommending death or life in prison w/o parole if the circumstances were right. *Not a member of any religious group, but isn't atheist.

Misc.: *Works on the delivery route, overnight shift, for St. Petersburg Times. *Been called for jury duty before, but not selected. *One of his friends was a victim of the DC Sniper crimes. *Never been to Orlando. *Being on the jury would effect his personal, family, and professional life but will do it because it's his civic duty.

Family: *Married. *Lived with his parents until age 24. *Has 6 children (4 young children under age 7, and 2 teenage step-children. *Longest he's watched his kids is 12 hours at a time. *No pets.

State: No objections. Defense: No objections.

Asked back for next round.

Great job. Thank you

HHJP taking sole blame for the time issue

I don't get it. He told the DT not to ask case specific questions and then he let them go ahead and ask hours and hours of case specific questions. And what I really don't get is the SA not complaining about it until now. :waitasec:

Please, anyone old enough to remember those *onsie* type shirts for females? Little snaps in the crotch area? Please, someone send a large supply to ICA so we don't have to continually watch her tuck her shirt in her pants. I'm sorry, can't stand it any longer and the trial hasn't even started yet. I want to reach through my computer screen, grab her by the throat and shake her.

Thank you,

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135969"]2011.05.12 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day FOUR) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The Sidebar is now open! :seeya:

Even if they stick to 45 minutes per juror, that would maybe mean 10 in a day, if they stretch it, with lunch, breaks, etc...:(

I bet they're going to go into the evening today, tomorrow, Saturday and Monday.

Juror Recap #1232

Pretrial Publicity: *Has heard general facts about the case (who is being accused, background of what happened, etc). *Predominant source of information has been local news (Bay Area 9 News). *Hasn't heard anything about the case in the past year or so. *Watched news coverage in passing (while getting ready for work, waiting for the weather to come on, etc). *Remembers hearing Baez and Mason's name..never saw them on TV. *Doesn't know any other members of CA's defense team. *Doesn't watch national news programs, doesn't have a blog, doesn't read tabloids. *Only blog he reads regularly is "The Heater" (about baseball). *Remembers when Caylees remains were found and that they were found "in the woods near her home". *Has seen CA's mugshot and "a few casual photos". *Hasn't heard anything in the news about CA's car. *Watches local news (Bay News 9) every day. *No social networking accounts. *Knows nothing about CA's family. *Watches Dr. G Medical Examiner "when nothing else is on". *Does not want to be on TV discussing the trial when it's over. *No concerns being contacted by the media but doesn't want to be.

Death Penalty Stance: For it. *Never really thought about his stance on the DP until now. *Would have voted for the DP if he was on the jury for bin Laden. *Thinks DP "depends on the circumstances". *Never had a conversation with anyone else about his views on the DP. *No problems recommending death or life in prison w/o parole if the circumstances were right. *Not a member of any religious group, but isn't atheist.

Misc.: *Works on the delivery route, overnight shift, for St. Petersburg Times. *Been called for jury duty before, but not selected. *One of his friends was a victim of the DC Sniper crimes. *Never been to Orlando. *Being on the jury would effect his personal, family, and professional life but will do it because it's his civic duty.

Family: *Married. *Lived with his parents until age 24. *Has 6 children (4 young children under age 7, and 2 teenage step-children. *Longest he's watched his kids is 12 hours at a time. *No pets.

State: No objections. Defense: No objections.

Asked back for next round.

Thank you so much. If you could, would you be willing to just cut and paste these recaps into the unexcused juror list as they get asked back? I used both of your recaps thus far for today but I have a meeting later, an hour away and won't be able to do all of them. And, they may get hard to find later!

right now we are 2 for 2 though, so that is a positive. It would be worse if we had gone through 30 and only had 2. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver