2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If by chance WE happen to hear the name of one of the potential jurors during the LIVE FEED, PLEASE do not list it on this or any thread. Thank you.

HHJP talking to the entire pool of second round jury panel at this time. Telling them keeping 3 and then pulling some back for tomorrow morning and some for tomorrow afternoon so they don't have to be there all day.

Going through whole spiel of don't talk, tweet, etc

ETA - HHJP apologized profusely to pot jurors like 3 times

I think JA just complained about Mason telling everyone about his (as my dad used to say) sex life (personal stuff). JA said it wasn't necessary and it doesn't matter, it's not about us it's about them. That's all I got out of it, oh then Mason stood up and said I won't tell them about my military career, blah blahb boys on the bayou blah blah blah and sat down and the boys on the DT glared over at the SAs.

Geeze, is it only 2:05 here??? This is painful....very painful....

It was biographical information about himself (Mason) that JA was objecting about.

off to wash out my hair dye. I feel sure JB & co will be asking the next poor fella the same 5 questions repeatedly by the time I get back.

HHJP taking sole blame for the time issue

Now that's wrong. Although he knows the DT and how freaking slow and repetitive they are.

I mentioned this during lunch to my paralegal that this was insane, it taking 3 hours per potential juror for voir dire and he said, ah, that's not unusual.

Glad I never had to sit through any of these!!!

Are they talking about court starting at 8:00am tomorrow? Eek that is 5:00am West Coast time! I'm already so tired I woke up this morning at 4:30! ( When I am really tired, I don't sleep properly if that makes any sense)

I hear you! I'm on the west coast too, and I just can't get up that early.

HHJP: this is taking longer than I thought. this is my fault and my fault alone. I am going to let everyone but three go. one thing before you are excused you need to step into the grand jury room because some will report back in the morning and some in the afternoon to keep you from having to be here the entire day. This is an extremely serious case. Sometimes the questioning goes fast and sometimes it goes slow. We value your time and that is why I am going to let you go. It is important that you do not discuss this case with each other or anyone else. Do not watch, listen to or read any news about this case. People will attempt to talk to you, please kindly indicate to them that you can not discuss this matter with them and walk away. If someone insists in the court house tell a deputy. Do not engage in any internet research, please heed me. Do not use facebook or any other social media. I will ask that you go back to the jury room and look at the list to see who reports in the morning and who in the afternoon. My apologize you should be angry with, it is my misjudgement of time and mine alone. Again I apologies and hopefully I will be a better judge of time in the future. Go back with the court deputies and they will instruct you from there. Anything else from the state or the defense?

No.

HHJP: Please follow the deputies.

OMG.... it's HHJP clicking the pen this time.... NOT Baez!!!! Who'd a thunk it?

JB: I handed a deputy a note I saw a pot juror with a newspaper in his hand.

HHJP: maybe it is the wall street journal.

JB: can I go potty?

HHJP: yes, lets all go.

Pot seen with a newspaper. Potty break... (me too!)

KC just blew off the woman in red. Guess she's too busy to be bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JDeWalt