2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This potential Juror has seen what was in the general media, but doesn't seem to recall too many in-depth details. Generalities - missing 2 year old, nanny, duct tape, heart sticker, party photos, car smell as noted by CA. Has an opinion that she may be guilty. Can he put aside the items he's seen and the current opinion he has and base a decision SOLELY on what the Court presents to him? Believes he can do this. Has no reservations regarding his ability to do so.

HHJP - What made you think she may be guilty?

Juror - An abundance of evidence, especially car and duct tape.

HHJP - Firm opinion or not?

Juror - Not firm.

KC, just shook her head "no" when he said he could still be fair and and rule on the facts. He knows about the car, the body, the duct tape....no way this guy stays on. Why are we even wasting time with him.

He thinks he can set aside his opinion that he thinks she did it. I'm sure the DT is going to ask for his dismissal.

I don't think this guy even wants to be there. He's trying to get the boot.

This gut should already be gone waste of time already, of course jmho a firm one though

It's not if peeps have heard anything about the case, it's if they could render a decision based on evidence presented during trial.

Dang it! I have to go out for a while but I feel confident my friends here will be updating. Thanks for all you do in bringing the events of the day to light for those of us who cannot be here.
I will try to reciprocate in the near future.
Peace and Love!
:)

I just typed out everything that has been said by this pot juror. and it went poof because I was on the wrong thread. :doh:

HHJP: asked what he thinks. the man said he thinks she is guilty.

HHJP: can you make a decision based soley on the evidence. some can do it some can not. and in your heart of hearts which category do you follow?

I can do that.

HHJP: any reservations?

No

HHJP: what was it about the news accounts that made you think she was guilty?

so much evidence was provided, the car the body...

(I am so upset about losing that post!!!!)

the duct tape, it just all seemed to be...but I know that is not enough to conclude guilt.

HHJP: do you have firm opinion or not firm?

probably not firm.

HHJP: as I said before, this is an extremely serious case. I cannot read you mind. Knowing what you know about this case and following the news coverage that you have followed, are you positive you can set aside the preconceived notion and give the defendant a fair trial.

I believe I can. Yes sir.

HHJP: okay. Statement of issue to pre trial publicity.

I am just waiting for this guy to say "from what I have read on webslueths" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member