TX Suzanne Clark Simpson missing in San Antonio, last seen by friends at dinner

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This article is behind a paywall, but I wanted to point out that it mentions that the last known activity on Suzanne’s phone was at 7:15 a.m. Monday near a business parking lot in Olmos Park. This might have been discussed earlier, but I think I missed that.
expressnews.com/ Police are searching for missing Realtor Suzanne Clark Simpson in Boerne
This is interesting. Did he take the kids to school or didn't he? Maybe they carpooled with someone else. Curious about what that last activity actually was.

Agree. Media and random people shouldn't be going and knocking on their doors. Let the police do their job. Let the various family members speak as they are ready.

ETA: I'm sure ALL family members and friends are hurting and in shock.

He was lucky
the woman didn't sic the dogs on him hehehe

Just saying ;)

Well this guarantees he isn’t going anywhere, but I wonder what the reason is for Federal involvement here. My guess is that something was discovered during the search of the home (illegal firearms, explosives, etc).
Yes @MassGuy ….. and also have to wonder about the financial dealings with all those businesses IIRC. Seems that some weren’t quite successful, or so it was reported I believe? MOO

OCT 11, 2024
The Texas Ranger said they ended the search in the 33000 block of I-10, near Highway 87 on Friday afternoon, which started around 8 a.m. Authorities set up in a parking lot of a shopping center just off the highway.

Her husband, Brad Simpson, was arrested about a mile away from that location on Wednesday morning.

• Federal authorities placed a hold on Brad Simpson.
  • He remains at the Bexar County jail on bonds totaling $2 million,
  • He is scheduled for a bond hearing Tuesday morning.
  • If he posts bond on the county charges, he could be transferred into the custody of the U.S. Marshals.
  • A U.S. Marshals spokesperson said that the ATF will have to finish its investigation before marshals intervene in Simpson’s custody.

OCT 11, 2024
Teams of searchers wearing orange could be seen in the area, as well as drones providing extra eyes in the air. On the ground, K-9s were deployed to sniff out clues. Trained searchers from Texas Search and Rescue also contributed their efforts.

Well this guarantees he isn’t going anywhere, but I wonder what the reason is for Federal involvement here. My guess is that something was discovered during the search of the home (illegal firearms, explosives, etc).
Yeah, they've name dropped ATF, so it isn't tax fraud or personal use amounts of drugs. It's something big.

MOO

ATF's responsibilities include the investigation and prevention of federal offenses involving the unlawful use, manufacture, and possession of firearms and explosives; acts of arson and bombings; and illegal trafficking of alcohol and tobacco products. The ATF also regulates, via licensing, the sale, possession, and transportation of firearms, ammunition, and explosives in interstate commerce.

Also:

Special Response Teams

ATF’s Special Response Teams (SRTs) are elite tactical groups that rapidly respond to high-risk law enforcement operations and conduct criminal investigations that lead to the arrests of the most violent criminals in the United States. Their work includes search and arrest warrants, high-risk criminal investigations, undercover operations, surveillance operations, and protective service operations. Learn about ATF Special Response Teams.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrsmb
Back