2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finnell -Just so you understand, the only reason we're discussing the death penalty now is because the law requires it.

I didn't think it was possible for me to like any of the DT, but I definitely appreciate the way she's addressing Mr. 1340.

I think we're going to need more than one thread for this "morning session"

wouldn't it be great if the first 20 are YES's? Would we need to go through the other 50 or so if that was the case?

Love how AF makes a point of saying "death by lethal injection". Make it sound as scary as possible to intimidate the jurors into not choosing the DP.

they have grilled him enough to understand what he knows and feels-move on ppl

http://live.cnn.com/

JA: Would you raise your hand and vote for death?

If I felt strongly about it, yes.

JA: Could you raise your hand and vote for life.

If I felt the person was innocent, I would stand up that way.

AF: This is difficult to discuss. The only reason we are talking about this right now is the law. You have the right to your own opinions about life in prison. We already told you that Miss Anthony has entered a plea of not guilty and we are going to be asking you to give a not guilty. None of us presumes to know what the verdict in this case will be.

Yes.

AF: First degree carries lwop or DP. If the sentence were life in prison without parole.
Do you think there is a possiblity, that somehow she would be released despite us telling you?

I have no idea. I have seen television where they have no parole but they get out...

AF: In Florida LWOP means LWOP. Likewise if she were given a death sentence she would be put to death. You consider yourself to be for the DP. Why?

From what I have seen, read and asked. I have seen someone who is so brutal they have no chance to rehabilitate. Someone who has a dui and kills someone and does it several times, they have learned nothing. My opinion is more for serial killers...

Is this the baseball guy?

No, this is the guy who is married with a 7 year old daughter. He's a supervisor (works 12 hrs a day) and his wife would be "happy to have him out of the house for awhile" (lol).

Good lord, she's not phased a bit about AF talking about lethal injection. She was passing papers. She looks really defiant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lookingforheatherarcher