2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love how AF makes a point of saying "death by lethal injection". Make it sound as scary as possible to intimidate the jurors into not choosing the DP.

I thought it sounded rather soft. She is not saying "They are trying to kill my client!" Lol!

AF - "do you understand that the sky is blue"? (by me, NOT a real question)

Ok, not seriously but for crying out loud! JA AND HHJP just asked #1340 all of these questions. #1340 GETS it. Move ON already.

Mine already started badly... My daughter missed her bus and I had to take her to school... returned and I had to skip 10 pages.

Let's hope this is the only blip on your day......:therethere: cause by the end of the day if Baez carries on like this all day we will all be feeling pretty scrappy...... :slapfight:

AF asking him why he has said he is for the DP. He is saying people who are charged with something 4 or 5 times who don't learn their lesson it is appropriate. He also says, serial killers or people who do something so heinous should get it.

I like AF's voir dire. She seems to be interested in just getting the info she needs without inserting herself or opinion, so far at least. At least she is not up there saying "the state wants to kill our client"

This guy has the 7 yr old daughter. Said his wife would be glad to have him out of the house for a while. His job will pay.

Says if a crime was so heinous it would call for it.

How heinous is duct taping your toddlers airways shut????

Keep him.

Ann Finnell has a really pleasant voice, and a good demeanor.

If you didn't know who she is and you hear her speaking then go look to see who is this nice sounding lady, you may think where did she go. Surely this isn't the person with that voice. I am not saying that in a bad way.

I'm joining a bit late, could someone tell me how many jurors have been put through this questioning so far? TY

AF: How long have you held the opinion that the DP is appropriate in some cases?

College. Everyone has their opinion. Friends didn't give enough cons to change my point of view.

AF: Scale of one to ten.

Seven and a half eight, to believing in DP.

I think AF is awesome! ICA fire JB for your own sake!

This would be good for all concerned: a fair trial, good advice (she might take a plea) and these proceedings might seem less like a freak-show and make more sense!

how much you wanna bet hhjp will have them go overtime again today?

Thinks DP is for serial killers and very in humane crimes. I have to say I agree with him, which is why I don't think KC will get it UNLESS the SA can really paint this picture of no remorse.

Once he hears all the facts he will have no problem sentencing ICA to death even though she is not a serial killer or has multiple victims, imo.

This is gonna be way too complicated for MANY of the jurors! I bet we hear a lot of "I don't understand" & so on which is gonna take even more then forever!

MOO, but if PJs can't understand the pre-trial questions, they don't need to be serving on a DP jury.

Ahhhh, I now see what's behind the well-done hair, sunny yellow shirt and makeup on KC today.

AF is asking (in a roundabout way) whether the Juror understands that death is death, LWOP means no chance of ever getting out of jail, EVER. And (imo) look at this cute sweet looking defendant. Have you talked to family, clergy, etc about your thoughts/feelings about the death penalty?

:/

I must say, this Juror is very well spoken and seems to have the ability to think out his replies and reasons for his thoughts. He has restated, however, that he is okay with imposing the death penalty if need be (or LWOP or any OTHER choice he believes is right). Well done, sir.

Do you hear all this Casey, he is speaking about your future!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sashafari