2011.05.12 Jury Selection Day FOUR (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had to run an errand--away 25 min--come back to four new pages and the SAME potential juror! Holy tedium, Batman!

with all due respect she wasnt 9 years old. she was quite adult.

Oh yeah...:great: - I was only meaning it is one of the points the defense can argue on the mitigation list - but it is generally used for defendants who are still juveniles. So I can't see it working and the SA will point out ICA was an adult. So IMO epic fail.

I hope the rest of the jurors waiting in another room for this guy to finish don't have narcolepsy.

Are they waiting in another room? When I was on a jury, voir dire was done in the courtroom with everyone present. The case I was on was not a death penalty case, though, but the prosecution was asking for 99 years if we found the defendant guilty.

Was this mentioned earlier? Does JB now have a smaller chair?

are they calling in any order? Part of me thinks they are calling them based on preference. If that is the case, maybe today will take longer and towards the end we will just be looking at alternates???

InSession Perry just warned the attorneys: "you'd better get someone to order you some sandwiches." They may only get 35 min for lunch today

BBM - LOL

thats 35 more minutes than I would give them

OH EM GEE!! They're going to use her age as a mitigating circumstance??

:twocents: IMVHO, I :innocent: believe that the AGE of the defendant/felon/inmate is an AGGRAVATING circumstance, heck certain societies consider 7 (age of the traditional First Communion!) as an "age of reason" where one recognizes the difference between "right and wrong". By the time Caylee was murdered, ICA was WELL OVER the age of innocence, heck she was and still is a LEGAL ADULT!:great:

Oh yeah, the :maddening: age of the VICTIM is definitely AGGRAVATING me against mitigation for the accused!

Maybe I'm in the minority, but the law says you're an adult at 18, no? You can marry, vote, serve your country in the Armed Forces, etc. I understand using age or maturity level in certain circumstances, but would never, EVER buy it in ICA's case. Not when you look at the totality of her life...both real and imaginary.

My aunt lives close to Orlando. She's heard about it but knows very little of the details.

My family is in Clearwater and knows little to nothing about this case. I've even been a good girl and not made any contact with them to find out if any got jury summons. (I have been listening for familiar voices, though, lol.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member