2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Evening Session

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are seeing the "housecleaning" the Judge mentioned before recess.

Anyone who can give us a quick lesson on screen grabbing? I saw it and could have grabbed it if I knew how!
TIA!

The judge only wanted to hear him say he could consider it. It doesn't mean he had to give her age any weight at all as a mitigating circumstance. That was made clear. He should have just said, "Yes, I can consider it".

Obviously he did not understand. Sometimes people are intimidated by the system and having to report, being questioned about matters you are completely unprepared to answer can cause you to give the wrong answer. But I do not care who you are, we all understand what happened to Caylee and we pretty much can figure out why. Some people cannot articulate how they feel and the fact that they are in a court of law can throw you off big time. The only way to find out what someone can comprehend is to ask more questions. Maybe SA should have asked to interview the lady they wanted to strike with defense and the judge privately to get a sense of how she would be as a juror. She just was not on long enough to find out for sure. But, she could surprise everyone because she is not complicated and may believe that there are just some things you do not do, like kill your own child. jmo

What are they looking at...or, who?

:seeya:
is it unusual to have this long of a sidebar? Baez is shuffling his feet.
:seeya: Hi Miss Kitty Kat!!! ((I have missed you)) they have had a LOOOOT of sidebars today.

they vary in length

Somebody here said that they saw the WS blue thread line logo thingie on Simm's laptop just before they went to break. if so, she knows we saw it. Of course, I didn't see it, so I don't know if that was truly there or not

That's pathetic. Why are they interested in the comments of no-life-loser- bloggers? I don't think LDB and JA spend too much time contemplating how they are being received.
They know they are seeking justice for a tiny child and right will prevail.

Pulling this from the other thread, so I can reply to Snaz:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6480099&postcount=1524"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2011.05.13 - Jury Selection DAY FIVE Afternoon Session[/ame]

Sorry I wasn't clear. I don't mean if she changes her mind after the fact. I mean if she admits that she only voted "Guilty" because she was pressured into it, and only because of pressure from the other jurors.

Defense wants to release this juror because he can't consider mitigating circumstance of age.

State doesn't object.

Age is actually listed as a reasonable mitigating factor under the law, so his admission he would be unable to consider it would make him unqualified.

However, I think he misunderstood the situation. When AF first asked it, she was asking it in the context of "the defendant" who is obviously of the age of majority. I got the impression this person assumes that if someone is of legal age, then age should not be a consideration. I imagine that he would consider age if it was a minor being tried as an adult, simply because he seemed fine with all other mitigating factors. I think he understood the question to read that he would not weigh in more favorably with a younger defendant than an older one simply on the issue of age. But I don't think the factor was communicated well by either AF (on purpose) or HHJP. Too bad, he seemed like someone who would be willing to follow the directions if that was the case and would at least understand all the aspects of it, unlike the other juror y'all have referred to today.

And CM needs to stop using the age and stamina thing. It's one thing to stand up and say it's unfair for the prospective jury pool but the first thing out of his mouth was a complaint about his own ability to work late. Tacky.
They read your mind.

Juror 1135 asked to come back.

Sounds back.

Judge said holding up.

Defense: Moving for Cause on 1135. Could not consider age as mitigating.

HHJP is going to give the DT this challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96