2011.05.14 - Jury Selection DAY SIX (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CM: "Do you want to be on this jury?"

1119: "No."

CM: "Why not?"

Long time away from family......but willing to accept the responsibility.

No challenges either side.

He's in!
:woohoo:

No challenge? Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy. This guy will be great, great, great.

Sorry bout those margins peeps! Too many shots for Ynot today! (Ynot hiccups, falls off edge of board, lays in margin holding her head and groaning...)

Try these:

shots.jpg

http://www.paginasprodigy.com.mx/jaime_montes790620/shots.jpg

Helps ynot up, leads her to the couch and hands her a strong cup of coffee. Sends note to Tricia reminding her about those AA meetings.

Oh my...

Been trying to pull myself away to take trash outside before it rains, but I love LDB!!

Uh oh....Mason....

Time to take the trash out....

I understand - I took mine out and cleaned my kitchen when she was up the last time....

Juror Recap #1119: Male- 43 year old.

Pretrial Publicity
: *Remembers hearing about the case when it first hit the news. *Not much of an in-depth follower but has read the headlines of the paper. *Doesn't know much more than "the basics" of the case. *Doesn't know any names of anyone other than Casey's. *Knows there was a vehicle involved and that the body was stored in the vehicle. *Doesn't watch Nancy Grace, Geraldo Rivera, 48 Hours, etc. *Hasn't heard much about the case since 2008. *Most of the opinions he's heard from people on the case has been "opinions of guilt". *Has formed his own opinions about this case- he believes she is guilty but believes everyone is innocent until proven guilty. *Doesn't watch a whole lot of TV- when he does he likes Discovery Channel and National Geographic.

Death Penalty Stance: Indifferent. *Says "I can't say I'm against it, I can't say I'm for it." *Believes he could vote for either the DP or life w/o parole but it depends on circumstances. *Would not consider age as a mitigating circumstance. *Would consider family background/history, history of abuse, etc. as a mitigating circumstance because he believes "our past makes us who we are."

Misc.: *Truck driver for a boat/trailer manufacturer. *Drives anywhere in the state of Florida (for work). *Been called for jury duty before but never served. *Been to Orlando "quite a few times" since 2008- was just in Orlando 2 weeks ago for work. *Originally from Cleveland, Ohio. Moved to Florida at age 5. *No background in computer work and no experience/background with police dogs. *Never been involved in any litigations. *Does NOT want to be on the jury because of isolation, time away from his family, and the tremendous amount of responsibility but is willing to accept it if chosen.

Family: *Married for 21 years. *2 daughters (ages 16 and 7). *Has a sibling who was robbed at gunpoint several years ago. *Lived with both of his parents growing up- both of his parents have since deceased.

State: No challenges.
Defense: No challenges.

Called back for next round.

Poor juror #1119 has been annointed!

He's in!

Start gathering up your things and get ready to head over to the Sidebar... we have a special treat for dinner tonight.

I love how these pj's can answer questions simply and directly with yes, no, not sure, or don't know. After listening to Cindy's & George's rambling and evasive testimony over the last few years, this week has been so refreshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz