2011.05.14 - Jury Selection DAY SIX (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord, I wish just ONE of these people would say "YES...as a matter of fact, I HAVE seen this case on TV....I've seen you and your posse on every TV channel, TV show, and any media interview you can get!!"

wftv is audio only?

No, I'm on it and watching this. How do I get both up at the same time so I don't have to watch, come back to this and miss some great facial expression or something, then go back and forth.

I'm starting to feel a bit sensitive and even "huffy" over all the slurs about "bloggers"!

Glad to see CJBP taking over part of AF's questions! :)

Lord, I wish just ONE of these people would say "YES...as a matter of fact, I HAVE seen this case on TV....I've seen you and your posse on every TV channel, TV show, and any media interview you can get!!"

Agree! Just say it, and move forward. Can't take what, to me, appears to be spinning.

Drats!! AF will take at least an hour with this PJ....mercy, mercy,mercy

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I agree with a few previous posters...I don't necessarily think HHJP is trying to talk them OUT of their views, just trying to ask and rephrase the questions so he knows that there is NO confusion on what he is asking, and making sure their answers are certain and clear, for the record. He doesn't want any problems/questions to arise later about why they were excused. CYA is what I'm thinking...not that he is desperate. Just my two cents:)

I also agree with this and would add that in regards to the DP I think most people may have a impression of what they think, but haven't deeply thought about it so he questions them to have them think it through fully.
For example I'm Buddhist so in theroy I do not believe in the DP, or ending any life. However, under questioning I would admit that I have had a life experience where I supported the DP in the case of a friend who's mother was murdered.
So in general, no I don't think the DP is okay based on my beliefs, however when something happens that cause a strong emotion in me then I am capable of setting my philosophical beliefs aside and supporting the DP.
This example is why I think it's important for him to question people in depth.
Also totally OT but Babycat... Who Dat!

She seems pretty smart, I like her. I don't think what little contact she's had with the case has necessarily affected her.

Here comes the Judge who is now preserving the record for possibility of reversal on appeal.

Much to my sadness she's gone JMHO :twocents:

ITA! Almost all pot. jurors have a hard time just answering the questions...they always want to add a little more to explain things and usually that little extra tidbit does them in. When it is someone you would like to be a juror, you just hate to hear it. :(

NONE of my neighbors or immediate family know of this case but me. They only know what I have told them, which isn't much lol.

I'm just getting online for today. How many PTs have gone before the court today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member