2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, anyone notice that all of the jurors with young children are being struck one by one and the state doesn't seem to be challenging this? :waitasec:

stickie updated as well

1340: first guy up that took forever (7 y/o daughter)
1398: crisis counselor
1019: computer guy with nurse wife
1055: nursing student with the rat terrier
1319: older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
1429: long grey haired lady that had a dui
1025: chef with 2 young kids
1007: giggly lady defense challenge denied
3308: ret. coast guard guy was going to take gma to the bball game
3015: kidney transplant lady who works for verizon
3185: "favorite uncle" semi retired guy never married no kids

these were struck this morning:
1232 newspaper guy
1129 young single guy
1312 anesthesia nurse
1407 young mechanic guy
1119 truck driver
1426 young nurse assistant guy
struck at 1500 5/17 3397 stock trader with bad back
1159 VA guy struck by defense at 1700 2 strikes remaining state has 5

HHJP had to know how many more PT's were waiting in the wings. I'd betcha some of my sloppy joes that he'll hear these last two, see how that goes, and then swear in whoever is left tonight. We know he's no stranger to working late, and he doesn't seem to mind getting the late ones sandwiches. That may put us at opening arguements on Friday, since he said he'd give them a day to get their stuff together before going back to Orlando.

Makes sense? Maybe not.

I was talking to my DH about this idea that the DT likely wants a more male oriented jury. I think it's offensive that the DT or anyone would believe that the male psyche would be so enamored with ICA that they couldn't rule in the favor of the evidence.

Sorry, DT, she isn't that pretty and even if she was, men just aren't THAT unreliable. We need to stop beating down our men, ladies. I truly believe whomever is picked for this jury, be it male or female, will do the right thing for little angel Caylee.

The only person in the world who might love my kids more than me is my husband. He LOVES our kids and he is 'good cop' to my 'bad cop.' He pays no attention to this case, but if he found himself on this jury he would vote YES for DP most likely. He has no patience or mercy for parents who harm their kids. He can justify people robbing or killing their spouses [ oh oh ] ---but killing kids , NO WAY.

How obvious is it that JB is trying his best to keep the number of jurors below 12? Mister Baez, we have your number.

Are you sure that's JB, and not ICA trying to keep the number below 12?

If they can't seat a jury in Pinellas, it's just going to get harder to seat one.

Looking at my list, I think the next DT strike will be 1025; chef w/2 young children. What say you?

Be back to check on ya'll later. I have been up since 4 AM!!!

Are there any other potential jurors hanging out to come in tomorrow or have they exhausted the juror pool?

They do not need a reason to strike unless the other side challenges them.

Are there any other potential jurors hanging out to come in tomorrow or have they exhausted the juror pool?
there are 20 some left... Jose earlier complained that Casey wanted the right to interview every single one of them

I bet DT uses the other 2 strikes before this day is over. I wonder if the Judge will allow them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18