2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diane Dimond is saying that Baez is expected to use his other 2 strikes to open up his appellate possibilities. She says he's playing a "chicken" game with his strikes.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• cart-before-the-horse.jpg
    cart-before-the-horse.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 426
I was just wondering how long it has been since Casey has even seen a picture of Caylee after looking at some of yours. I wonder if she will have any reaction at all when she sees a picture of Caylee during trial.

My next fondest hope is that on the first day of trial, the state begins their opening statement with a slide presentation of pictures of Caylee and ends the slide presentation with the last known video of Caylee singing "You Ar My Sunshine" to her great-grandpa. And then goes into their opening statement stating that this is what this trial is all about, a beautiful 2-year-old girl who was murdered.

"4 or 5 tops" on the DP

I hope her life experience hasn't affected her ability to consider the DP. Poor lady.

I would not make it far through questioning by this DT. I'd just have to say "I just answered that question!!"

How obvious is it that JB is trying his best to keep the number of jurors below 12? Mister Baez, we have your number.

And to slowly dismiss every juror that has a young child.

On an emotional level, I heartliy agree. BUT that scenario could lead to problems in the appeals process. I think JB might have a good point in his objection to having to allow the jury to be sworn in before he gets the chance to question the entire panel and then make his preemptory challenges. That is the usual way it is done anyway.
I kind of feel that way too. And, even though HHJP challenged JB to cite just one case that states he can question all of them before they're sworn in, who's to say that some lawyer in the future won't be citing this case when objecting to this procedure.

Vinnie on HLN is doing a good job trying to help us keep track of the jurors that are struck and the ones that are left.

I like this juror. In my mind she is a small grandmotherly type. When she walked in, I noticed a couple of people in the audience got an involuntary smile just looking at her. Would love to know if I'm right! Where's Jim Lichtenstein when ya need him?

Do you think when this is all said and done and over with that all the lawyers will hang at a bar tossing back a few, laughing and carrying on ala St. Elmo's Fire?

as far as JB playing a chicken game...well he already lost that game cause he is swerving off the road now.

I'll tell ya...even though AF has recited this same line of questioning 3,547,932 times.....she sounds sincere each and every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89