2011.05.17 Jury Selection DAY EIGHT (Morning Edition)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I sincerely believe that PJ1319, clearly, will NOT be able to understand any of the forensics persented..over her head.. this should be reason enough!

Between PJ1319 asnd the one yesterday that knew ALL about the case, the jury room will be a "zoo"..IMHO

I am totally disgusted!!!
On the other hand since she cannot understand the forensics she will have many other jurors in the deliberations that do and I think she will remain quiet listening and probably go with the flow! Caylee will lead her!

HHJP: can you set aside and decide only on the evidence given?

no.

HHJP: thank you for truthful answers. excused.

another recess until another juror arrives

ETA - hold up - seems HHJP might have something else

oh - maybe another juror arrived

Juror now doesnt sound like he wants to really serve. Sounds like he has already made his decision based on hear-say.

ICA's been scribbling on the top right of that page for about 10 minutes...

JB: I think if they are going to work for one side, it should work with both. the state flip flops depending on the wind blows.

Jose says there are not enough minorities.

IMHO: Casey is not a minority. it is a jury of her peers. what does this matter?

HHJP: the record is abundantly clear. at the time that the state gave their reasons they did not indicate they had concerns that juror would hang. one thing that led this court to not exercise was that juror was never asked what led her to change her response. there was no additional questioning. mr. baez has a point, I won't let this be argued over and over again. rightfully or wrongfully I did what I did and I stand by my prior ruling..

bbm
Didn't Jose strike a pot. Hispanic Juror?

Now I get why we usually don't see this part of the trial process televised.

:crazy:

Slightly OT: KC much more reserved, looking a little worried now. Did anything happen that I missed? TIA.

Are we still at 11?

Thanks,

Mel

1340: first guy up that took forever (7 y/o daughter)
1398: crisis counselor
1312: anesthesia nurse
1019: computer guy with nurse wife
1055: nursing student with the rat terrier
1319: older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
1251: retired teacher that sounds like edie falco
1429: long grey haired lady that had a dui
1025: chef with 2 young kids
1007: giggly lady defense challenge denied
1159: VA guy with 5 years in the army has young son

I'm trying to keep up my word document and want to make sure this is right.

Thanks,

Mel

Maybe that juror will prove to be a major 'problem' & get dismissed? That can happen right?=bringing in an alternate.

Perhaps if JB and ICA had provided the earth shattering explanation for what happened 3-years ago (the "aha" moment we have been promised) these jurors would have more information and perhaps not so many of them would already think ICA is guilty. The defense has had equal time to get their "story" out there for the public to chew on. JMO.

I agree with everyone who thinks we should remain positive. If the woman is devout, she will want justice for Caylee. She will fall in love with that little girl, as will every other juror, and they will feel a duty to baby Caylee so that she can finally rest in peace. Don't sweat it guys. This lady is going to do the right thing. IMO, MOO, and all that jazz...

Guys, I see some are calling them "preemptive strikes" I've been calling them peremptive strikes. As English is not my native language, can someone please tell me which one is correct: Preemptive or Peremptive? Or do they mean the same thing?

TIA!

Peremptory is the correct word for legal use. It means to dismiss immediately without any debate.

Preemptive means to strike against something that is anticipated, feared, it is a preventive measure.

Both are in common use but Peremptory is the correct one in these proceedings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jess9976