2011.05.18 Jury Selection Day Nine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling suspicious about this guy. He accidently comes into wrong room thus is now questioned out of order. State won't be able to strike because of race. Hinky also because he didn't show up yesterday and defense PI shows up for the first time.

lol, that ran through my head too......I don't trust JB and his "methods".

To me this PJ is too nasty toward the State. I think he has something against prosecutors. MOO

I think maybe he's just tired of being asked the same questions over and over in different ways.

I think this is a big part of the communication problem, hence the condescending response. He simply does not speak their language, he lives in a world so far removed from this legal world he has been called into and he simply does not know how to respond properly. jmo

That could definitely be the case. It could also be other things.

I would love to give everyone the benefit of the doubt and say let them on, but the jury selection is so important. It's just not wise to take the chance especially when the juror is antagonistic to the prosecution.

Feeling suspicious about this guy. He accidently comes into wrong room thus is now questioned out of order. State won't be able to strike because of race. Hinky also because he didn't show up yesterday and defense PI shows up for the first time.
The state does not have to qualify WHY they strike , neither does the defense. They would have to give reason to dismiss for cause.

I like the fact that he could come back at the State because this, to me, means he could deliberate with the Jury and stand strong.

Also he's talking to a woman, it may make him soften his approach as well.

Anyone have success watching/listening to the proceedings on their mobile? I have an htc android from sprint. Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure if this has been answered, I'm watching/listening to wftv through the Skyfire app on my iphone. Still trying to listen in the background and read Websleuths on Tapatalk simultaneously.

HTH

If he works in a health care facility, he may work 12 hours shifts 3 to 4 days a week. That doesn't leave much room for running errands, buying groceries and/or sleep, much less TV or computer time. 30+ TV's in his workplace indicates to me he may work at an assisted living facility, nursing home or a hospital with a TV in each room, waiting room and/or lobby.

IMO, the Defense (Baez) is not as intimidating with questions, however, Jeff comes across a bit sarcastic/strong at times when asking questions to the jurors. JMO

That is true. Just shows how wishy washy I am. At first I really liked this guy, then turned suspicious, but the reality is I just don't know. He sounds intelligent, so maybe he would be good. We can't be sure of any of the pjs. They could all be lying through their teeth & half want her convicted & half want her acquitted!

Have they shown how ICA is reacting to this guy?

I have to say, I'm not all that suspicious that he walked into the wrong room. I can see myself doing the same thing, if that's what I thought I was told.

If the SA really wanted to get rid of him couldn't they just site that he overheard the motion arguments when he accidentally walked in? Sorry at work at just trying to follow along.

Ohhh - he got a yes to Ms Finnell's mercy question. Well done PJ! Did not fall into that trap.

I hope the SA questions this PJ VERY CAREFULLY and thoroughly to try to find some cause to strike. DT is going to try to claim racial bias otherwise, IMO.

It's hard to tell how this guy feels, and what he thinks, and I think that's exactly the way he wants it - not just for this questioning, but just generally in his life, as part of his personality. Doesn't want people knowing what's going on in his head.

So how come he didn't have gas yesterday, but managed to get it today? Didn't he think it was important enough to ask for gas money to show up to the court yesterday?

I just think there's more to it than that.

Thought this PJ sounded a bit fliipant when asked why he'd like to serve on this jury 'Well, why not?', the retort. See where he's comming from, but it sounded a bit of a challenge ? to the SA.

It sounded defensive to me, like he assumed his motives were being questioned.

If the SA really wanted to get rid of him couldn't they just site that he overheard the motion arguments when he accidentally walked in? Sorry at work at just trying to follow along.
since he answered he wants to be on the jury I would think the SA argument about him walking in the room has merit.

Oh good catch! I would put nothing past the defense team...wouldn't that be something if it comes out that a juror has been paid off....holy spit! :doh:

no
they both agreed to set that aside (both sides)

all that being said just because he was snippy we don't know that the state doesn't want him

moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member