Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
tick tock tick tock ..........

:waiting:

Oh HHJP - you are trying to get Baez to do/say the "right" thing, but he is not capable or willing to do so.

You need to just TELL him how it's going to be.

Period.

"I didn't want to work on Saturday, but if we hadn't, guess where we would be today?"

At this rate they're gonna reconvene tomorrow morning in the McDonalds. No matter when they finish JB is gonna argue that whatever pj is next in line may be better for them than whatever they have.

Can the judge stop the process while the SA and DT have strikes available?

IMO JP set the expectations too high in his time frame trying to seat the jury.
This is a high profile dp case, it is going to take awhile!

Baez is being unrealistic & the judge is pointing that out to him. He's saying that Baez may never be satisfied, even with thousands of PJ's interviewed!

Me thinks, Baez is out of his comfort zone being lead atty in a murder case!

If you don't mind, what is Batson challenge?

"Batson challenge" is a term now used to refer to the act of arguing for the invalidity of a trial on the basis that peremptory challenges during jury selection resulted in the exclusion of a cognizable group.

(per Wiki)

I'm no lawyer, but I assume that JB can argue to get rid of the entire group and start over again. I could be wrong.

An objection to the validity of a peremptory challenge, on grounds that the other party used it to exclude a potential juror based on race, ethnicity, or sex. The result of a Batson challenge may be a new trial.

The name comes from Batson v. Kentucky, 476 U.S. 79 (1986) - which held this type of peremptory challenge to be unconstitutional when used by criminal prosecutors. Another case, Edmonson v. Leesville Concrete, 500 U.S. 614 (1991), permitted private litigants in a civil case to successfully make the same kind of objection.

Where does the judge get 200 people that have been questioned? That would be over 20 per day so far?

I believe there were over 150 or so PJs called in for jury duty on this case. I know 50 were dismissed for discussing the case waiting to be brought in before the Court.

He wants to delay this and so does ICA - she likes this process

Delay, Delay, Delay. If the process is not delayed and everyone goes home with her having a life without parol ICA will be sad because she will not get anymore visits from anyone but other inmates. And those inmates will not be a friend.
MOO

JB - There is no other answer than "let's get to work"

I wish HHJP would just say to Baez: "Look, you have until 1pm. I hope you made good choices."

Judge warning the court that courtrooms are hard to find. The only ones available are rural areas.

wow-change of venue might not be a good thing JB-if you end up in Jacksonville the conviction rate on a DP trail is 96%. What do you want Baez???

HHJP is putting JB on the spot... Love it!

He just wants to know how late they're willing to work. There's 15 jurors left and they only have today and tomorrow to get through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran