2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wesh live blog: legal analyst says if they run out of jurors in the 16 the judge can bring in another pool

I'm from the south and I HATE grits! Unless it is at 3:00 a.m. at a Waffle House. Oh, you northern people don't have Waffle Houses, do you? That's the usually the only place open at 3:00 a.m. when you are trying to ... get something on your stomach after a night of partying!

I live in Connecticut. I would much rather have a good old grit than what are called home fries. They are way to greasy and bland.
Oh...grits are pretty greasy if buttered up right and can be bland if you don't add lots of stuff.
But grits make a meal out of grits. Great food for an ailing stomach.
I stop at Waffle House everytime I am in the South for some reason or another. I just love the way they say Howdy everytime you step in the place. Nothing better than Southern hospitality. :innocent:
MOO!

me too, me too, I got cheese & onion pasties in the oven, all premade processed junk too. :sigh:

I have been reading too much, I swear I saw "panties"-I had to stop and reread quickly-did not compute.:waitasec::floorlaugh:

Could Judge Perry bring in another 50 jurors if need be? Maybe 25?

OK, it's obvious we don't have any southerners on the board or in the media! He said grits for a gristmill! (In his lovely southern speech I love)

Grits is a type of maize porridge and a food common in the Southern United States consisting of coarsely ground corn, traditionally by a stone mill. The results are passed through screens, with the finer part being corn meal, and the coarser being grits.

Many communities in the South had a gristmill until the mid-20th century, with families bringing their own corn to be ground, and the miller retaining a portion of the corn for his fee. Grits aficionados still prefer stone ground grits, although modern milling tends to prefer faster methods.

I like grits with butter and sugar, my husband likes them with salt and pepper.

I'm from the south and I HATE grits! Unless it is at 3:00 a.m. at a Waffle House. Oh, you northern people don't have Waffle Houses, do you? That's the usually the only place open at 3:00 a.m. when you are trying to ... get something on your stomach after a night of partying!

I beg to differ - there's a waffle house at exit 54 on I94 in Lawrence MI - though I understand it's not affiliated with the nat'l chain. It's a rogue waffle house

nevertheless. all that will be for naught.

casey jordan (IS TH's) just loves JB

not so fond of HHJP

blames this mess on HHJP

Thanks
Wasn't sure of her name
Was listening to her blame JBP...:furious:

Sorry for my slip of the tongue in my rant !! I do recognize that the defense has nothing to prove per se, but they do have a legal obligation to defend their client to the best of their ability .. I guess my point was, IF your client is as innocent as you say she is, if you have a "bombshell" that will provide the reasoning behind what she did and why she did it, then STOP abusing the system and let's get down to business. This is a VERY expensive game they are playing with my hard earned dollars, as well as many others here I'm sure. I have a child in the public school system here in Florida who is losing courses and activities left and right. I have 2 siblings in LE in Orlando (who, by the way are VERY good friends with the lead investigators on this case - and VERY tightmouthed too - darn!!) watching their budget get cut left and right and it just frankly makes me ill to watch. Again, NO jury is ever going to be perfect and that's what I meant about standing on the strengths of your case, be it prosecution or defense. Yes, I definitely believe you have a right to exclude those who are obviously not good potential jurors, but to play such games is just plain wrong.

Well said!!! :)

I have NEVER seen such hooplah in my life!!!:maddening:

Dang, all this talk of grits really makes me want some. And there's a Walmart next door to where I work...they are so FATTENING though! LOL. Grits...or chocolate pie in the staff fridge? I am doomed!

OMG! They spent most of the morning in sidebar and now lunch???

I have been reading too much, I swear I saw "panties"-I had to stop and reread quickly-did not compute.:waitasec::floorlaugh:

this jury selection is driving me insane, but I am not quite there yet :floorlaugh:

Are they at lunch now? I can't find video

Yes, until 1:15 I think.

I also think that the long break is to call the 11 jurors and ask them not to come in today. There will be more viore dire, Judge arranged to have the Pinellas (sp?) Courtroom through Saturday, and may be reviewing more caselaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nithila