2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My two cents. He didn't say WHERE court would reconvene did he now?

Oh puhleeze. Unless JB had a heart attack rushing out of the courtroom, I'm not buying it:

Source: Baez Illness Caused Jury Selection Recess

A source tells WESH 2 News the sudden recess was due to the fact that defense attorney Jose Baez had fallen ill.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27939717/detail.html#ixzz1MjG4BEtv

AND, if he fell ill so suddenly, how is he going to be so well by 8:30 tomorrow morning?

This is almost...almost...laughable.

MOO

Mel

I saw no interaction between CM and ICA - She kept her back turned to him even when he was close to her.
Makes me think she's pizzed at him for something.

NO! No way would you leave a law clerk to file a an appeal motion. Unless of course you don't care about your work product.

Agreed!

My first instinct was the DT was filing an interlocutory appeal. But that makes little sense now. Nothing filed yet per appellate clerks office and WHY would it be kept a secret???

I don't know what the heck is going on, and at this point, I'm not even going to try and guess.
Just saying a prayer for the prosecutors and Judge Perry. Hang in there, please.

I just can't believe that. Any of you lawyer types want to weigh in? Is this actually possible? I can't imagine HHJP being angry or shaken, and Casey crying if this was over Baez being sick. This can't be right?:waitasec:

Casey was not crying. she was smiling and happy when she left.

"the matter" that they would have had to discuss with ICA would be if she was comfortable continuing without Baez present.

Exactly...whatever it was/is...it involved/involves ICA directly otherwise why would HHJP have said "Have you discussed the matter with Ms. Anthony?

I would think they have to discuss everything with ICA. Not that she gets any input on how certain things will happen but they would still have to discuss it with her. KWIM? So I'm not sure how much weight to put on those words.

You know - the way JB slams that Red Bull it wouldn't surprise me if he suffered some kind of an "event"

Who is saying he is sick?
that is not coming up on IS at all...

I am unsure if this is correct. I have known attorneys to file to withdraw because of the client being unable to continue paying for their services.

One of the legal minds here can tell you specifically how it works in the States, but because ICA "paid" funds to Baez from the sale of Caylee's pictures to the media, before she was declared indigent, Baez is, by the rules, the only lawyer who is not allowed to quit. Baez is not death penalty certified, so he needs either Mason or Finnell to remain, because they both are.

ICA can fire Baez, but he cannot withdraw or quit.

I just can't believe that. Any of you lawyer types want to weigh in? Is this actually possible? I can't imagine HHJP being angry or shaken, and Casey crying if this was over Baez being sick. This can't be right?:waitasec:

Unless HHJP believes that JB's sickness is just a DT maneouvre

Well, I don't see how people who are on trial for murder(and are guilty)can't just, from now on, take a play from the Casey Anthony play book. Delay, lie...do everything you can to get away with murder.

I could have never known how well a guilty defendant could rail road our system. I thought there would be checks and balances to keep a person from doing this. Casey is running this show. She has been from the beginning.

I guess she can do whatever she wants. Right? She hasn't been convicted...it is amazing...I haven't been convicted of anything and I bet I couldn't hold up justice like this...the only thing that makes sense to me is that "they" know what she is and there is no chance for her and so they...

but that is bull. Since when do we baby people on trial for murder? Has this ever happened before? This is ridiculous. Again, I just feel like Casey and Jose are in control. I don't feel like the State of FL is in control...

I did feel HHJP was in control but he can only do so much, and I think he was doing what he could...but how do you fight this level of....

what is it that Casey is? What is it that Jose is? Agggg. Wow. I don't make it but a little while here any more without realizing I need a time out.

:pullhair:

As GA told her this is your Company and YOU are The CEO ..enough said that is how they have raised the BABY KILLER

If I had to guess what could create the level of drama that KC craves, then I'd guess that she let JB go. Delay and Drama, that's how she rolls.

[Drats, i hate to quote myself.]

My guess tells me that not only did she let JB go, but as NG would say, BOMBSHELL TONIGHT, my gut tells me she may even have gone so far as to level some accusations of improprieties. I hope I'm wrong --- but all this crazy stuff between them has been so weird. KC acting like she's in a relationship with him and giving him the cold shoulder, as in "I'll teach you who's boss." Something is rotten in the state lf Denmark.

Casey was crying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member