2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If JB is sick and they can't continue today, how does HHBP know they'll be able to continue tomorrow at 8:30?
He'd have to be REALLY sick as AF was nearly passing out and she was there and participating more than CM.
Not buying sick excuse - those "sources" have been wrong before.

Mm -Mm -Mm - imagine Mammy in Gone with the Wind.

on the replay watch the Judges eyes very closely right after he stated the court will be in recess until tomorrow moring.

The man on InSession is saying that for the last two days Casey is more relaxed. I completely agree. What ever plan the defense came up with, they came up with the day before yesterday.

This is defense tactics. Has to be. The very fact that this happened today, it is THEM. There are no coincidences in a jury selection process for murder...isn't that a saying?

I am guessing but I agree: Casey has been so happy. Now the other lady says she sees nothing different. I will agree with me. :)

WFTV has the video up now (Pt 6) and I've watched it several time. I just don't see any distress on ICA's face as one might expect if she was planning to plea out. Also AF was chatting it up and smiling with the two unknown women just before JP took the bench. I'm just not feeling a plea coming. Not to mention I don't believe ICA will plea out EVER.

CM missing this morning. Baez missing after lunch. I think Ms. Fryer was also missing after lunch, although I just may not have seen her?

I dunno... All I do know is that my stomach is in knots and it's just jury selection. I don't know how I'm going to get through the trial. You all better be prepared to hold my virtual hand through it.

Well dang it if my ballgame didn't just get cancelled due to weather and I am trying to catch up on these posts and the server is acting up.

All dressed and no where to go or read ...... not a happy camper now.

I'm going for some stress release ... DSW having a sale, buy 2 get 20% off. Nothing like new shoes, baby .....

Okay, forum busy so I'll get off and let some other peeps on. I'm going to watch the hearing again with hindsight.

Catch you all, thanks for the laughs earlier :) , looks like we needed them....who knew this case could get any crazier?

Just when it seems the jury selection couldn't possibly get anymore stranger............

Wait!!!!!!!!!!! Does JP say, "and the assistant State attornies" are present?

http://www.wftv.com/video/27938803/index.html

This is WFTV's raw video from the break before the state struck the last PJ, I believe. ICA is obviously anxious about something. Wish I could read lips, but I could swear at one point she looks around and says "where is he" and then a little later, "someone find him". I believe this was the short break taken before the lunch break when JB asked for 15 more minutes to be added to the lunch break.

well once the Judge found out they can have the court longer days all of a sudden JB is sick and ICA did not agree to continue on without him. Judge is way pissed off, and I bet the Judge made some calls to make sure they can have the court room for however long and mention 1 or 2 months later. No more delays other than ICA fakes a heart attack, JB fakes a Heart attack, so on and so forth.

I don't think AF was agreeing to it, her body language from the start of the afternoon start showed she was distant, she wasn't standing behind the DT table. I noticed LDB looked up as ICA went by but cannot tell if she was looking at ICA or not. I think she was.

I hope he hasn't had a heart attack. I'm going to sign off soon so someone else can read here. Take care everyone!

It was reported on INsession (take it for what it's worth) that it was Cheney Mason that went to talk to Casey, when she was "in cell?" Or something like that...I did not see what happened earlier, I guess Casey was taken out...and this reporter is saying that it was CM and they then made a point to say, "and not Jose Baez" that went to talk to Casey.

They are also reporting that Jose asked for an extra fifteen minutes at(after)lunch.

Casey was crying?

It didn't look like she was crying to me. She did her usual thing - moving files around to look like she is helping, then she pushed her eyelashes up with the back of her fingers and sauntered out.

If she was bothered at all it was probably because she was going to have to spend the afternoon in jail instead of sitting in the courtroom in her new clothes.

Oh puhleeze. Unless JB had a heart attack rushing out of the courtroom, I'm not buying it:

Source: Baez Illness Caused Jury Selection Recess

A source tells WESH 2 News the sudden recess was due to the fact that defense attorney Jose Baez had fallen ill.

Read more: http://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/27939717/detail.html#ixzz1MjG4BEtv

AND, if he fell ill so suddenly, how is he going to be so well by 8:30 tomorrow morning?

This is almost...almost...laughable.

MOO

Mel

Same here
Baez had to do something...JBP wanted them back at 12:45 Baez asked for more time...1pm
Baez was leaving the courthouse to do something....

Holy carpe diem! The only two days off/with my work schedule...and the first day HHJP dismissed a whole group of 50 because of tampering. And today...and well...now yikes. I am jinxing this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Papaya-salad