2011.05.18 Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection DAY NINE)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They better not be trying to recuse HHBP, I'll be so thoroughly disgusted!

that is not far from my mind...:banghead:

Baez and the DT team do not like the way JBP has been handling jury selection...
they keep filing motions regarding the location and IMO they think that ICA's due process rights are being violated...
:twocents:

ICA doesn't have to confess. Her lawyer can do it for her. She only needs to agree to the plea change.

Right, but she's still admitting guilt no matter who actually says it. She won't ever do that.

Could there have been a disagreement amongst the DT with everyone suggesting taking a plea deal except JB? Maybe he gave up after his passionate speech this morning. He promised ICA that he would get her off and just left when he realized the rest of the DT was in total disagreement with him.

Well I don't know.

But at the end of the day the decision to take a plea or not rests solely with the Defendant. The attorneys can advise as much as they want but they decide nothing.

So that should not be much of an issue. The attorneys can say so and so thinks plead out, such and such says go to trial. We will stand by you whatever you decide (that's our jobs). ICA decides. The attorneys rock and roll. This does not have to be such a big deal especially since clients will often decide to goto trial against attorney's advice when there is overwhelming evidence against them.

If he just used the "I'm sick card" to stall........and that's what it was if that is what's going on, he needs to be charged with something.

Once the Judge said "court will be in recess", I noticed his eyes were shooting daggers towards the DT table and ICA. IIRC, the Judge looked up three times at the DT table before finally stepping down from the bench.

He definitely looked upset and I thought his voice shook. At one point it looked like he stopped talking to calm himself down. I couldn't tell if he was mad with the DT or in emotional distress due to something bad happening. AF didn't act like anything bad was going on.

Right, but she's still admitting guilt no matter who actually says it. She won't ever do that.

She also needs to be sworn in and (assuming the process is similar throughout the different jurisdictions in the US) answer in the affirmative to the questions "Are you pleading guilty because you are in fact Guilty?". The only exception I could think of would be an Alford plea.

I also think it would be unethical for the attorney to enter a plea of guilty on behalf of a client when the client maintains they are innocent. I suppose the exception would be an Alford plea.

I don't buy the whole Jose is sick angle. He was fine all day... smiling, smirking, giving over emotional speeches about fighting for his client. Something is going on and it isn't JB being sick. If it comes down to JB being sick... he is faking it in order to delay this. I want to hear the 911 call that took JB to the hospital... if he was that sick.

ETA: I really do hope that it isn't something really serious like a car accident or him suffering a stroke or something. As much as I despise him, I would never wish that on him. I still think it is a delay tactic... if it comes out that he is simply sick.

I do not understand,why JB becoming ill,would be a matter,that CM would need to discuss with his client,or it could not be announced in court.JMHO

along those same veins why would they discuss the filing of an appeal with her?

The IS producer said that JB was standing outside the courtroom by himself. The producer asked JB if he was going to lunch alone and JB responded that he was waiting on the DT team. Then CM and the others walked up. The producer said JB was fine, talking and laughing.

I still get a bad feeling the DT is filing motions and it will be against JBP and his handling of jury selection...

I ain't buying JB sick either. If he was that sick - how come he could drive himself - alone? IF he was that sick that court could not continue - then why didn't someone drive him home?

Nope - not buying the sick excuse.

One of the commentators from IS just said he talked to him right after the lunch break and he seemed fine....???

I'm not going with the motion filed - they don't have to "discuss the matter with Miss Anthony" to file a motion. So, that's off the table.

JB being sick - ain't flying either because he drove himself away. Too sick to sit in a courtroom but not sick enough to drive himself away? Nope, that aitn'y fittin'.

A plea? Could be - but we all know there is NO WAY in hello that ICA will ever plea to ANYTHING.

So what's left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member