2011.05.19 Jury Selection DAY TEN (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone watching this live on an iPod? I can't seem to find a site that let's me watch on this. I eve downloaded channel 9's mobile app.

I'm watching it on my iPhone. I downloaded the skyfire app and watch the wftv feed.

:floorlaugh:

Coughing contest behind JB? So AF has spread her germs around. :shakehead:

All those who aren't sick now, will be sick come Monday morning.

Just in time for JB's big moment................his opening statement, when we'll learn in the first three minutes of his statement, what really happened, JB will have laryngitis and can only speak in a whisper. The irony is rich! :)

She had a great response to the mercy question. She said she would follow the instruction given. Good answer. She said she would follow the rules. I thought mercy was NOT one of the considerations.

Why do the DT attorneys speak and question these potential jurors as though they are speaking to nitwits? I find their explanations and questions incredibly condescending, not to mention highly repetitive.

Okay, Jurors, I know you are idiots, so I'll explain every teeny tiny tidbit of the trial process in as many ways as I can. :slapfight:

:maddening:

They will probably use Caylee and say please don't give ICA the DP because we've already lost our granddaughter. It will be about ICA, not Caylee.

IMO

And thankfully the jurors are instructed not to even consider their Casey impact statement that is cloaked in Caylee's name (still being used to benefit themselves). They can not decide life or death based on this statement.

You know I wonder what the DT thinks happened to Caylee....I mean really how do they think she died

AF: Do you think you could think of Mercy?

ME: I will give it as much thought as the Defendant gave to her daughter!!

Great question, I just got an iPod Touch and would love to watch on that if I can.....anybody got an answer?

All the sites use Flash for video, which doesn't work on the iPhone/iPod/iPad (for good reason, btw). You can download the Skyfire browser ($2.99) which will convert the Flash live so it can display on the iPod. Once you have the app, you just go to wftv.com, for example, and click the red bar on the top of the page, and before long you'll be able to click on a video icon and watch the live stream.

Hope this helps.

(I'd like to be able to watch live without having to use Skyfire for the conversion, so if anyone has a better method, please pass it along.)

Re: Victim impact statements. This sounds like a good and cathartic thread for someone to start. :)

WS does not condone letter-writing campaigns unless Tricia explicitly approves.

Thanks ynotdivein! I wasn't sure if it was against our TOS. Of course nothing would've been done without consulting with Tricia first. Maybe after the trial is over, Tricia would consider letting us send letters to Orlanda? :blowkiss:

AF: background or character that might make you think...the greater weight of the evidence can you follow that?

yes

AF: as judge Perry just told you if no agg are proven or if you find after going through the weighing is that the mit outweighs the agg the only possiblity is LWOP. Can you follow that?

yes

AF: the law never requires you recommend death? Do you understand that?

yes

AF: would mercy play a part in your consideration?

Mercy? if my instruction is to follow mit and agg, what are you asking me?

AF: if mercy will play a role for you?

I will follow the rules making a decision I would follow the agg and mit.

AF: okay. HHJP touched on the age of the defendant is that a mit you can consider?

yes

AF: back ground and charactor?

yes

AF: eye for an eye and tooth for tooth?

no, not so much.

AF: anything in your experience that would keep you from liking a psychologist?

no

AF: the state is entitled to present to a juror is the victim impact evidence. Ann will say it is "often times pretty emotional." :pullhair: The judge will instruct you it cannot go into the process, as a juror can you process it but not allow it to influence to what your recommendation would be?

yes.

AF: would you take the same care you take the high standards?

yes

AF: hard to get to know you. can you tell me this, think about your background, anything that would cause you to be unfair?

no

I think it's more or less how you feel about State's giving the option of the Death Penalty. How strongly one feels about its existence is different than how one may implement it. I think that's what the question is. How much are you convinced of its effectiveness as a deterrent, or how strongly may you feel about the morality of it being an option.

AH - OK, that makes sense.

Re: Victim impact statements. This sounds like a good and cathartic thread for someone to start. :)

WS does not condone letter-writing campaigns unless Tricia explicitly approves.

Thank-you ynotdivein!!

Why do the DT attorneys speak and questions these potential jurors as though they are speaking to nitwits? I find their explanations and questions incredibly condescending, not to mention highly repetitive.

Okay, Jurors, I know you are idiots, so I'll explain every teeny tiny tidbit of the trial process in as many ways as I can. :slapfight:

Im assuming its because thats how they have had to speak to their client so she understands and she still doesnt. imo

Mr. George is up. General voir dire.

Asking about a surgery that she has planned. It is on hold for now.

He is asking about cameras. They don't bother her.

Why do the DT attorneys speak and question these potential jurors as though they are speaking to nitwits? I find their explanations and questions incredibly condescending, not to mention highly repetitive.

IMO it is to gently lead them into thinking they are nitwits and to agree with them. Kind of suggesting that Yes, you do know that you HAVE to listen to us it IS the rules. A subliminal suggestion. IMO

I think it's more or less how you feel about State's giving the option of the Death Penalty. How strongly one feels about its existence is different than how one may implement it. I think that's what the question is. How much are you convinced of its effectiveness as a deterrent, or how strongly may you feel about the morality of it being an option.

I agree with you, I would be 2-3 on the AF scale but I would have no problem with the death penalty if all criteria were met. So her scale is just so much bunkum.

Her divorce became final 5 maybe 6 yrs ago in October.
Ex-spouse works for large grocery chain.

She is divorced. 5 or 6 years. Her ex worked for a large grocery chain. This is 1st jury service for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela