2011.05.19 Jury Selection DAY TEN (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can bet that the DT will use their last strike on this one. Guaranteed. She's a grandma with a 25 yr old daughter and a grandchild the same age that Caylee was. If that isn't bad enough - she works closely with the courts, the sheriff's office, AND the local State Attorneys. man o man - I WANT THIS ONE!

You can't get any better than this one.

An aside.....do you think KC could squeeze CM in for a quick haircut BEFORE Monday?

ITA! Just because you have hair, doesn't mean you should keep it like when you were 20 yrs old.

ETA: I think DT will use their last Peremptory of this one because of the connection to court system and prosecution office in Pinellas Cty. Too dang bad...I think she'd be good.

ok ok I swore I'd never do it - had to step out left right after surgical tech - just tell me anyone in or out... :-)

I am seriously disliking CM. He is being very patronizing. And, if they know they are going to strike her, why don't they just quit wasting time?!

Because they're looking for a reason to strike her for cause so they don't have to use their strikes.

So when a pj asks to speak privately is KC later told what is said?

I think they will hold this against her ..."What a Huge Waste" of time

I disagree. Just because of the job she does - doesn't necessarily mean she "works" with them. An IT person for example working in a hospital, doesn't mean they necessarily "work" with doctors or nurses.

I knew it. DT challenge for cause.

Why do the DT attorneys speak and question these potential jurors as though they are speaking to nitwits? I find their explanations and questions incredibly condescending, not to mention highly repetitive.

Okay, Jurors, I know you are idiots, so I'll explain every teeny tiny tidbit of the trial process in as many ways as I can. :slapfight:

:maddening:

You would be surprised at the number of people who do not understand the whole process, like for instance mitigating and aggravating circumstances. They have to make sure that any potential juror has a clear understanding of what is expected of them once they get into deliberation. I've been on a jury, it is NOT simple, and this is a DP case. This could be the only time some of them have ever been in a courtroom, much less chosen for a jury.

DT wants to strike this PJ - something about her mother's death circumstances and work she does. SA disagrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalalala