2011.05.19 Jury Selection DAY TEN (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can bet that the DT will use their last strike on this one. Guaranteed. She's a grandma with a 25 yr old daughter and a grandchild the same age that Caylee was. If that isn't bad enough - she works closely with the courts, the sheriff's office, AND the local State Attorneys. man o man - I WANT THIS ONE!

You can't get any better than this one.

I don't know how it works in the US; however, it would seem best that this one is excused for cause.

Her working with the State Attorney's office impinges upon her impartiality as far as I can see. It is a commonly stated legal maxim that justice must not only be done but be seen to be done.

3178 seat 66

JA: against capitol punishment

JB: ?

HHJP: once you start folks you are going to finish. do it reversed. pretrial pub does not take long.

The Helicopters are coming!

HHJP: if that goes quick we can call in 3175 lets bring in 3178. (long pause)

She's in..............but it sure sounds tentative. DT will likely use the one strike they have left to strike her.

But, there could be someone worse, so they will have to see.

I don't know how it works in the US; however, it would seem best that this one is excused for cause.

Her working with the State Attorney's office impinges upon her impartiality as far as I can see. It is a commonly stated legal maxim that justice must not only be done but be seen to be done.

She works with the Public Defenders office too?

Have we met before?

Oooooh I hope there's someone even more perfect in these last few PJs just so the DT has to make a realllllllly difficult decision where to use that last, precious, strike...

JURY TO BE SWORN AT 3PM FRIDAY 20 MAY
1340: first guy up that took forever (7 y/o daughter)
1398: crisis counselor
1019: computer guy with nurse wife
1055: nursing student with the rat terrier
1319: older AA lady had a challenge by state that was denied
1429: long grey haired lady that had a dui
1025: chef with 2 young kids
1007: giggly lady defense challenge denied
3308: ret. coast guard guy was going to take gma to the bball game
3015: kidney transplant lady who works for verizon
3185: "favorite uncle" semi retired guy never married no kids
3310: older single verizon guy
3016: PE teacher with 2 labs
3140: "fun job" lady with one cat
3093: surgical tech lady, weaver of yarn with 2 sons in 20s
3281: info systems granny with yorkie
-----------------at this point 5/19 @ 1700 we have 16.. if all strikes are used this will still be 12

these were struck
1232 newspaper guy
1129 young single guy
1312 anesthesia nurse
1407 young mechanic guy
1119 truck driver
1426 young nurse assistant guy
struck at 1500 5/17 3397 stock trader with bad back
1159 VA guy struck by defense at 1700

state strikes: 3
DT strikes:1

How many PJ's are left for today?

Hmm... This lady heard it took her 30 days to call the police. She heard a few things about the parents. That they could have done something to her as a child. :eek:

Heard about it when first happened and saw t pictures of defendant and t child and when t body was discovered...I thought t case was over. I heard it took her 30 days to call t police; very few things on the parents-they could have done something to her as a child---nah, don't recall what.

This lady sounds a bit nervous. And she knows more than her mind will allow her to right now.

Another one who thought the case was over. Yes ICA, the world has moved on while you have been sitting in jail.

People are reluctant to share such negative things they have heard. But it does stay in their thought process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuth12345