2011.05.19 Jury Selection DAY TEN (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness is that what the deal was for before jury selection started? 10 years?? Was that published somewhere?

I'm not 100% positive but if my memory has not failed me over these last few years that's what I remembered. Maybe someone who continued to watch can pipe up. I haven't followed it as close this past year ... until now.

Why didn't these people (the four just announced) bring this financial hardship during the financial hardship aspect of jury selection?? Judge Perry could have dismissed them and could have waited to get more jurors for this next round? :banghead:

I wonder if Baez's ulcer was acting up yesterday..I know mine was lol

I WISH we could hear what FG and the DT were saying! GRRRRR!

Mr. George has no problem with excusing them, neither does JB

All excused for financial hardship

can not find it on tv - insession has something else - help!!!

This is so weird, I closed out all media windows and yet I can still hear it? I don't have anything open :(

All excused for financial hardship

Seems they are back down to 7 jurors....

Good morning all. 4 of the jurors called in today would not have been paid so HJBP told them they could go to work. If need be on telephone stand by and can be in court in an hour-hour and a half. There are 11 potential jurors instead of 15. Makes both sides take note of those 4 jurors.

All jurors excused for cause. Cause being financial hardship.

Juror 3131- is up. The juror that had been ill the last couple days.

Housekeeping.

HHJP - Juror #3025, 3317, 3340, 3309 - those four individuals appeared yesterday and when I went back to discharge them, all four of them indicated that they would not be paid and it would be a financial hardship to serve. I permitted them to go to work today. One of them would only be paid for 30 days and could not sustain the remaining balance of the next month or so without a financial hardship. So instead of a remaining 15 there are 11. We currently stand at a total of 11 jurors. With the state having 3 more challenges and the defense having one more. So you can tell you only have 11 more. (JB smirking!!!! Grrrrrrr.) As to those jurors, I know Mr Baez you may want to talk to your client and consul. They may be on telephone standby and may be at the court within the next hr, hour and a half. State as well.

SA and DT will not call them in.

HHJP - All four jurors excused for cause. Cause being financial hardship

Juror 3130 (juror who was ill) being called in.

and one more excused for cause - financial hardship.

IS is really stupid, IMO, for not starting their coverage when it starts...

I will never understand that. Likewise, how they cut coverage at 2p edt.

Their ratings must plummet when they cut coverage. I switch to HLN immediately after.

The 10 years was supposedly the original plea offered prior to finding the body. Deal was pulled when body was found

11 seated
11 potentials to go

Why didn't these people (the four just announced) bring this financial hardship during the financial hardship aspect of jury selection?? Judge Perry could have dismissed them and could have waited to get more jurors for this next round? :banghead:

IIRC - they did. But CM and/or JB objected, and didn't think they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela