2011.05.19 Jury Selection DAY TEN (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HHJP: 3140 Heeded?

yes

HHJP not read any internet? or engaged in social media about this case?

none of those.

HHJP: prior to coming here extending back to 2008 have you heard anything about this case in the news media.

(she is quiet, hard to hear)

HHJP: I read you facts on wedneday, do you recall hearing about those facts prior to wednesday?

some things but not a lot.

HHJP: what did you hear back then?

that the daughter was missing and the grandparents were looking...for her. that's really about all, I am not into the newpaper or the news and definitely not into the computer.

HHJP: where do you get news from?

friends talk

HHJP: anyone talk about it recently?

I work with young folks, they have no idea what's going on...seriously. :giggle: IMHO

HHJP: NG?

no

HHJP: subscibe to any newspapers?

st. pete

HHJP: avid reader?

no, weekend things to do.

HHJP: as a result of whatever you heard about this case, have you formed any opinion or impression about ICA guilt or innocence?

no

she doesn't have cable
just started getting the st pete times
hubby likes it for the weekender for things to do on the weekend
has formed no opinion on guilt or innocence

PJ works in a store with kids. She subscribes to St. Pete Times for the weekend section of things to do. She isn't into the news or computers. She has heard a bit about the case. She heard the grandparents were looking for the little girl. She has not formed an opinion in regard to guilt or innocence.

IMO

I think there may a constant back and forth between ICA and Mr. Baez. She is such a narcissist that she believes she can defend herself more competently than anyone else, despite having 0 legal education. In lieu of being her own attorney, she may want to take the stand and he is perpetually telling her it isn't in her best interest.
I agree, ICA thinks she is smart she can lie her way out of this mess.

What happens if they can not get at least 3 alternates by Saturday?

IS said earlier that alternates are not required by law. They (and the number of) are totally up to the judge.

Is that Brad Conway directly behind ICA in the main aisle? Geez, he's a fire hazard.

no ptp questions!
thank you!
this is how they should have done it from the start!

HHJP is instructing this potential juror on ICA, presumed innocence. And that she is not required to testify. Asks if she has any problems with that.

no.

HHJP: any opinions or impressions about her guilt?

no

HHJP: if you were selected, what ever you have learned from outside sources, you must lay that all aside and render verdict in this case based only on evidence and the law as I give it to you. any hesitation or reservation?

no

HHJP: horse and cart.

No questions on pre-trial publicity from either side. On to the DP issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand